It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Historian says he gets more pleasure from death of peace activist than from OBL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There's a lot of hatred in the world. Sometimes it seems that as a race all we do is look for different ways to highlight our differences and attack those people we judge too different. But how someone can say something like this and get away with it is baffling to me. This Geoffrey Alderman writes and article for the Jewish Chronicle and does nothing except to stoke the fires of hatred.

[img][/img]

Jewish Chronicle article
When I read this I wanted to say to Alderman, "I'm a Jew Hater too" just like a lot of us did when we said on twitter that we wanted to bomb Robin Hood airport with the hashtag "I am Spartacus"

But the truth is that I don't hate jews. Jews are not the problem. The problem is fanatics of whatever persuasion who try and inflame us to hate each other. So I don't even hate Alderman, but I wish we lived in a world where people like him could get treated for their mental disorder. Then maybe the rest of us could start building a world based on mutual respect and understanding. Guardian Article

And to Vittorio Arrigoni, if he were still alive, I would say " Thank you, you were courageous and caring and I wish I were half the man you were"

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You are a Jew hater too but you do not hate Jews? It is just as logical as claiming that Spartacus got something to do with it or that this Geoffrey Alderman is Israeli Historian.
However i do share the puzzlement - guy who was killed in Gaza did not kill anyone and did not sent anyone to kill. He had his views that i strongly disagree with, and maybe he also was a Jew hater that did not hate Jews. It is high fashion now. But still, being more happy because of his death then other that of Bin Laden is a very very very stupid and strange thing to do.
However Geoffrey Alderman has his views, and he also did not kill anyone and not sent anyone to kill. And he did not kill Arrigoni. Palestinian terrorists did. I think that actually kidnapping and killing Arrigoni is much more serious crime and sign of fanaticism then just writing nonsense however you have the right to choose was upsets you more ,of course.
And again, Geoffrey Alderman not an Israeli historian.Maybe it will rehabilitate him in your eyes.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Sorry my post confused you, in my haste to try and capture what I was feeling I did not give a proper explanation.

I thought that it was not necessary to say that killing someone is a worse offence than writing that you are pleased that someone has been killed. I've even been shocked by the "pleasure" that some people have experienced over the killing of OBL.

The reference to Robin Hood Airport and the hashtag " I am Spartacus is explained by this Wikipedia article

#IAmSpartacus In November 2010 Chris T-T was identified as the instigator of the #IAmSpartacus Twitter hashtag, an act of mass online civil disobedience in the UK to show support for accountant Paul Chambers, after he lost his appeal against a conviction for a joke he had made on twitter, earlier in the year. Thousands of people copied Chambers' original message with the #IAmSpartacus hashtag and for a day it was the most popular Twitter hashtag in the world, attracting worldwide media coverage to the case.[11] The tweet, including the 'Spartacus' reference, was also repeated on the floor of the House of Commons by Liberal Democrat MP Julian Huppert.[12]

I just wanted to try and convey that I reject Aldermans attempt to provoke yet more hatred and that by examining my reaction to the story I could more truly reflect some of Vittorio Arrigoni's beliefs by denying Alderman the reaction he obviously hopes for.

Thank you for helping me explain things more clearly.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Why is it that one cannot hate the injustices commited by Jews without hating Jews themselves?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Aha. Spartacus thingy is understood.
I also acknowledge that pen is indeed mightier then a sword. Sometimes. It strongly depends on who is holding the pen.Personally would not try to attack swordsmen with one.
Still, i fail to understand why person Z writing stuff should cause hate to whatever group Z belongs to. Racially ,religiously or otherwise.
As an example - should i hate all Muslims if Muslim cleric X openly, on official TV, declares all Jews to be sons of pigs and monkeys? I think that i should not. Though i have very strong feelings/words to express about this cleric that is spreading hate. But he also did not kill anyone. Nor sent anyone to kill.
I do not mind being hated, world is not giant pink flower bed where there is love and harmony. Being killed - that bothers me much more.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
Why is it that one cannot hate the injustices commited by Jews without hating Jews themselves?

Because the propagandists realize that the knife cuts both ways. If it is ok to hate the crimes and injustices of the Jews but not be Anti-Jew, then it would HAVE to be ok to hate the crimes and injustices of the Muslims and not be Anti-Islam.

Can't have reasonable mindsets running the show, after all.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

you can,
there is a difference between zionism and judaism

zionists are crypto-nazis flying the flag of Judaism openly in order to bring about the extermination of the jews.

having failed during WWII they switched to a "if you cant beat them, join them, and subvert from within" strategy.

bring on the flames.
edit on 18-5-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join