It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all these green card ads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Come on we have figured the scam out so why carry on selling it?

I just dont like it, it is demeening and an insult to be asked to live in that place.

And any argument that for some people it might be a step up in life is because they live in poverty created by the west for exactly this reason so thay are willing to emigrate to do menial jobs. (willing slavery?)

Look I don't really care but why are those ads there? (apart from the $)

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What green card ads are you seeing? I'm not familiar with them.

If you had ever been poor, your perspective might change. If you had ever been homeless or hungry, you might discover that pride is the affectation of the rich.

As far as "the west," or anyone else "creating" poverty, that's a campaign slogan rather than any kind of economic reality.

How has the west created poverty? By paying $40 a barrel for oil? By paying $5 a pound for copper a couple of years back? By building factories and schools?

With the exception of the US policy in Cuba, it's pretty difficult to point to a developed nation "creating" poverty. The Soviet Union had more resources than the west did. The mexican state of Chihuahua alone has more oil and gold that the US.

If you have ever tried to do business in the developing world, then you know about the incredible depths of corruption and greed that stifles all economic activity. You know that laws which protect investors and workers in the developed world are non-existent. Officials are forthright in their demands for bribes, and frequently "impound" vehichles and parts shipments, to blackmail the companies that ship them. You know that local magistrates live like "oriental despots" demanding the land, the produce, even the wives and daughters of their peasants. The West doesn't create that. A People's lack of courage and conviction is what keeps them from overthrowing oppression. Certainly not a lack of firepower.

Why are nations rich or poor?

You might start by reading "An Inquiry Into The Wealth of Nations," by Adam Smith.

You asked why the the ads are there, "apart from the $?" What an amazing question. As far as I've ever known, advertizing serves only one purpose, to sell things. If you know of another reason for certain ads, then by all means, post it.

It just goes to show the way people on this site are so quick to just "make up" conspiracies and "facts" out of their imagination.

I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of the folks that visit ATS live in their parents' basements.

(p.s. love the signature. He never worked, either.)

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Answer: Google posts the ads to the right based on key words from our posts.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Dr. Strangecraft just read Chomskys book "year 501 and the conquest continues". And you will have all the evidence you need to say the west created the 3rd world.

BTW thanks for the answer AZLS1. Appreciate it.

[edit on 4/8/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Corinthas : Your server is based outside of USA ? I have a lot of these greencards ads but I tought it was because I located in France. I receive a lot of spams about greencards too...

new topics

top topics

join