It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Hole In New Jersey Yard Puzzles Officials, Experts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Basking Ridge, New Jersey en.wikipedia.org...
Big on their trees. Check the last notation.

The Old Oak Tree is situated in the graveyard of the Presbyterian Church. This 600-year old white oak tree is a site where George Washington is said to have picnicked in the late 1770s.

In the center of town is an oak tree that was recorded in General William Lane's diary during the American Revolutionary War. On its eastern side is engraved the letters "WL"

The Devil's Tree is a solitary oak, with some dead limbs, growing in an undeveloped field on Mountain Road, opposite Emerald Valley Lane, a recently constructed subdivision. Local legend, documented in Weird NJ magazine and the book based on it, has it that the tree is cursed or the property of the Devil.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
That close to the street my bets on a leak of sorts from either sewer or gas line and some kind of a flame involved? Either that or a lighting strike as they have had some bad weather there recently haven't they?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Y'all have it wrong, it's not the beaver from Caddyshack....
It's the monster from Tremors!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The fence contractor guys came out and used a post hole drill tore up the lawn then realized it was the wrong house, packed up and split without saying a word....

edit on 18-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

That is probably the closest to the truth!

Kids with a treasure map? Contractors at the wrong address? Bunch of dogs smelling a slight sewer line leak? This is more of a vandalism issue than anything else.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
And the winner is... SLAYER (most closely anyway).

Solved - Crater Hoax At Basking Ridge?
www.rense.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1FullHouse
Y'all have it wrong, it's not the beaver from Caddyshack....
It's the monster from Tremors!

Close.

Feral hog.

I volunteer at an Audubon site, and within the past 8 months a group of about 20 feral hogs have been trapped on the property by a construction fence. They don't always do damage like that, but we've had weeks where they came along and created a series of six or seven of those "craters."

The first time I saw one, I though a bomb had gone off (an act which made NO sense, because it was in the middle of a trail in full view of the offices and a bomb would have been noticed.) And closer look showed that it didn't have the kind of spray pattern from a bomb. An employee said "feral hog" and we started looking for other locations. Sure enough, there were more out there.

I'm predicting that the story will die after other people start getting those "mysterious holes" and someone who's had feral pig experience shows up and explains to the town what's going on.

You can see pictures of the damage they do here:
www.forestryimages.org...
and here:
www.flickr.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
And the winner is... SLAYER (most closely anyway).

Solved - Crater Hoax At Basking Ridge?
www.rense.com...

Nah. Backhoes are noisy and leave tire marks. Pigs are surprisingly low noise and leave craters just like that.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Oh dang, I'm sorry, I will send my son to the corner right away as this hole looks just like the ones he digs up in our yard with his friends for all their war games.

LOL

Harm None
Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join