It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numbers Dont Lie. Stats Added.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
As many of you are fully aware that there in deed is a rampant problem as far as this presidency is concerned. So I decided that I would try to prove myself wrong, by using the same place that is showing all of these threads.

I went to Ask Above Top Secret, and decided that even though George W. Bush did 2 terms (2001-2009) I would put a simple search of his name. Nothing else and only added what was written (no particular subject) concerning the president in threads written between the years 2001-2009.

I only added the first 10 pages (I'm only one person, and it seemed like enough), and I got a total (+ or -) at around 57-60 threads.

Then I added a search for Obama's Birth Certificate. I did the same as above, even though not fully even as I added something specific like b.c, and search the first 10 pages. Well, who wants to take a guess on how many were made on the b.c alone (+ or -) 99-100 threads.

Now I dont think that its really fair that even though I added a search for both presidents, and one did 2 terms, that maybe we can see that this has become quite troubling, annoying, unnecessary, and in all reality there is nothing that can be done.

Yet we are to understand that this is nothing personal. I dont even have to get into the details of the horrific things that was allowed to happen under Bush' watch, but maybe when seen this way we can see that maybe we are going a bit over board.

BTW. I am aware that some of the search's will be on the same thread, but I made it even and did the exact same for both.

Think about it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

We are comparing the worst president EVER George Bush to the second worst president EVER Barrack Obama!! There should be millions of threads on these two convicts!!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I knew that this wouldn't get many/any replies, but just saying that this is getting ridiculous just seemed to original, so I took the time and added the stats. There are soooooo many other things that are going wrong with this president, and I am sure that he is very happy that this is constantly in the recent page, (just in case, I assume everyone reads ATS).

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

We can only wish that these worthless people like Bush/Obama actually read this stuff.....It would make me want to change if there were billions of people talking crap on me in forums!!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Numbers don't lie, but they're not terribly useful without a context.

ATS has grown tremendously since 2009, and even in 2009 the member base and activity were several times larger than they were in 2001. So, one factor is that there are a lot more people posting than there were back then.

Also, the site has become a lot more political and the birther thing is a widely publicized issue. There's overlap between this issue in the MSM and this issue on ATS. This makes more people come here to talk about it and make threads about it.

Consider, too, that Obama himself is the topic of the conspiracy. George Bush himself wasn't the central feature of many conspiracies during his time in office. ATS talked about 9/11, the wars, and Bush's policy, but there's not as much to say about the man himself as there is about Obama.

I don't think that this comparison will have much effect on thread production. There are a lot of threads about Obama because there are a lot of people who want to talk about him. That won't change just because you point out that not as many people on ATS wanted make threads about GWB. You're statistics reflect something real, but it's not anything "unfair." People are talking about what they want to talk about, and the thread count is a reflection of the community's priorities, like it or not.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

We can only wish that these worthless people like Bush/Obama actually read this stuff.....It would make me want to change if there were billions of people talking crap on me in forums!!

I see it like this. They dont care, why would they? Especially when they throw the obvious in our faces, and we take the time to get distracted. When I throw the ball to my dog a few times and he catches it and brings it back, I reward him. But when I throw an "invisible" ball and he searches for 5 minutes I giggle.

We can either learn that everyone once in a while we are rewarded, and every once in a while were laughed at. Its a part of the game.
Maybe not the best metaphors, but I know you guys got what I meant

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Actually there was plenty to talk about when Bush was in office for 2 terms. My point was there is more to this president then just the birth certificate.

but there's not as much to say about the man himself as there is about Obama.

Then why are 90% of the subject only about the b.c?

but there's not as much to say about the man himself

Are you serious? Are we talking about the same guy?
Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Maybe you should be more specific like Gitmo rape or Dick Cheyney, 9-11etc.. I typed in Bush and came up with 10 pages...I'm sure there is tons of stuff on here so I wouldn't be so naive or atleast give the impression of niavety to assume that Obama is being treated unfairly...your topic at least to me immediately speaks of you being pro Obama...you will find most people on here talk pointedly about both sides and their disdain for both parties and while you are at it throw in the tea partiers..

I would like to take back the Obama supporter comment as I see nothing in your previous posts that even hint to his support but I stand by the rest of my reply..
edit on 18-5-2011 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I might be misunderstanding, but im not sure how the comparison is "fair"

I would think that you would have to do "George W. Bush" (10 pages) vs. "Barack Obama" (10 pages )
And even then....not everyone uses the full names when starting threads or discussing them. The search may not account for just "bush" or "obama". And it seems that search is limited to just 10 pages. "Obama's birth certificate" (10 pages)

Not sure the numbers are accurate because the search is flawed based on what the search is and the limitiations. But again, I could be missunderstanding your post

edit on May 18th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

What I was referring to is that there are so many other things that are being missed because some are more concerned with a b.c. I could have put Bush, and anything, but I mostly referring to the fact that all the other things are being ignored such as the budget, policies, wars, and everything else that is going on under his watch.

I would hope that many are aware that this will not come out, and that while even those that are running for president in 2012, we will miss the important issues because we will concentrate on his answers concerning his b.c.

Bad presidents have come and gone, and another will be here next year. But if we dont start putting things behind us and soon, we may again elect or allow to be elected another president that we will complain about for next couple of years, and it may not be about where he/she was born, but regret later that we didn't put our energy into something that can actual change, or have a better outcome.

I didn't think that this would be a popular thread, but if there is some way to make someone aware that this is a tactic of distraction, then we can never move ahead.

Peace, NRE.
edit on 18-5-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: add

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I would not look at it as being popular or unpopular thread...like I said, I could easily have misunderstood it
Would not be the first nor the last time

edit on May 18th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

You know I thought about it when I wrote it, and it still seemed weird. I figured that seeing for themselves they would see what I saw, but what was I thinking

But I figured what the heck, I get it. Ive seen crazier things here.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I will say for your numbers that ATS has grown a lot over the past few years and is growing more and more each day. Meaning that percentage wise the difference may not be so drastic as bush is older news and obama newer.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by OnceReturned

Actually there was plenty to talk about when Bush was in office for 2 terms. My point was there is more to this president then just the birth certificate.

And talk we did (9/11, gitmo, wars...). My point was that there's nothing analogous to the birth certificate issue when it comes to Bush.

but there's not as much to say about the man himself as there is about Obama.

Then why are 90% of the subject only about the b.c?

The short answer is that it's a high profile conspiracy that is extremely polarizing, widely publicized, and currently unfolding publicly. ATS is still a conspiracy site, and this is a conspiracy that people want to talk about. There are people making threads about how he's the antichrist, but there really aren't many other conspiracies about the man himself that a large number of people want to talk about.

The long answer would need a thread of its own, but it's to do with the fact that the b.c. issue serves a symbolic purpose. It represents trust in the government and the president. Can we just take his word for it? It represents the fact that he is black, has a strange name, is seen as a member of the liberal elite, and all around isn't like you - he isn't "one of us" - and the question of whether or not he was "born here" seems to capture the "Otherness" about him. The issue also serves as a proxy for the real, classical debate between Dems and Reps. Donald Trump used it for this symbolic purpose. The b.c. is a real and powerful symbol in the collective consciousness, and that's why instead of making threads about the specific things that the b.c. may stand for, people make threads about the b.c. issue instead. A full analysis would require another thread.

but there's not as much to say about the man himself

Are you serious? Are we talking about the same guy?

I mean conspiracy wise. There's no issue comparable to the b.c. one surrounding Bush himself. If you counted 9/11 threads implicating his administration in some way, I'm sure that set would be larger than the set of Obama b.c. threads.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Well, so far even Ron Paul has "failed" to stop the ATS birthers.

Birthers only fixate on Obama's BC and not RP's or any other candidate BC, that's the real question, why the fixation only on him? True that hilary started it, but only birthers got hang up on it.

top topics

join