It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence...everyday life....what's the point?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

My recommendation? Start exploring yourself, your own psyche. You'll find there's plenty of unexplored territory there, there's enough danger in it to give you a good rush, and if there is an ultimate meaning that's where you'll find it.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Consciousness. It is who we are and what everything is and it is unity. An illusion was created. It was an illusion of separation from unity. The purpose of this illusion is because consciousness desired to experience love.

We are living the illusion of separation as consciousness to experience love with our apparent separate parts.

All is one is consciousness. This is the ultimate truth. Ultimate....... ULTIMATE! It must be realized before unconditional love is possible. Unconditional love is our purpose. Unity is our lesson to be learned.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I know how you feel and i do feel like that at times, but the way i see it, is that we are all part of a jigsaw and one day it will all make sense! Well thats the conclusion i have come to thus far! It could change!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thanks for all the input everyone! All the things you've been saying are things I've known...they just didn't quite capture the moment (after moment after moment) i seemed to be having

Ever been awake at 3am, when everyone in the house is sleeping? All the people you love, right there within reach, but they may as well be miles away? I've been feeling like that for a long time. I can wake up in the morning, go about my normal routine, and it never fails, a few hours in and reality just starts to smell, "off" somehow. I'll admit, things have been stagnate lately, and that right there is more than likely the biggest source of my frustration.

But I can't seem to shake the "off" feeling of things. Everyday it's 3am.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Wow, I was just about to make a similar thread to this. I've had the same thing as you, a sort of realizing that things probably won't change. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE for alien disclosure or free energy devices to come out tomorrow, but logically, I realize it probably won't happen.

Originally posted by starsyren
Thanks for all the input everyone! All the things you've been saying are things I've known...they just didn't quite capture the moment (after moment after moment) i seemed to be having

Ever been awake at 3am, when everyone in the house is sleeping? All the people you love, right there within reach, but they may as well be miles away? I've been feeling like that for a long time. I can wake up in the morning, go about my normal routine, and it never fails, a few hours in and reality just starts to smell, "off" somehow. I'll admit, things have been stagnate lately, and that right there is more than likely the biggest source of my frustration.

But I can't seem to shake the "off" feeling of things. Everyday it's 3am.

I know what you mean. It feels like everything is the same when it should be different. Is that what you're going through?
edit on 18-5-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
double post, sorry
edit on 18-5-2011 by joechip because: double post

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here's guy who addresses the meaninglessness of the world in an uncompromising yet positive manner. The principles he espouses are taught in A Course in Miracles, which isn't what most people think. The world is meaningless! And cannot make you happy.

Enjoy!

edit on 18-5-2011 by joechip because: editing myself a bit

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The fact that we dont know what the point is makes it fun and exciting.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karbofos
Quitting is not going to help. Because it would be done by the same person who applied for that job. Next best thing to happened - will be applying for the same meaningless job. Back to the same story.
There is a huge difference between making money and doing what you love.

It was a joke
If one thinks the meaning of life can be taken away because of working at a job, then it most certainly can be. The truth is, even for those that do what they love, they can still be unhappy and feel empty. Thats because the "meaning of life" simply does not reside exclusively in the places that people usually think to look for it. A bit like a king without a crown, as it were. The switch in ones perspective from "have not," to "have" is quite an interesting one for immaterial things.

Though, really, im not so sure what you are saying with this post. Are you saying that there are no jobs that could be enjoyed by anyone? Or do you only have a single job that is available to you personally? Your last sentence makes sense to me though, and i agree. However, i also must say that those things are not mutually exclusive, nor will they solely determine "meaning" in ones life even if they are both present.

Either way, the comment was meant light heartedly and it would seem this is a subject that weighs heavily on you, so i apologize. It was meant to lighten your load

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
I just can't seem to wrap my mind around why, since Man kind learned to think, the same mysteries of Life still exist. This world has seen trillions of souls pass through and no one's managed to wink out a single answer to the Why's of this world...

How has mankind not died off of depression at this point?

Guessing cause there are people who find great joy in exercising power over other people. Im in the same existential "crisis " as you. Why the hell are we here and why for f's sake do people let their one existence on this planet basically be raped and let themselves become part of the machine of spiritual/mental death, or just good old death/killing, disintegration, isolation, moral decay....

I don't know...it sure is funny though if you detach yourself emotionally...
edit on 18-5-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

I'm mostly joking myself)
We have a freedom of choice(to some extend)
So I will never understand people who complaint about jobs they choose.
It's just funny to see people blaming life in having no point because of choices they made and keep making.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The point is to learn everything you can from your experiences. To make choices and learn from your decisions. To understand love for your fellow man and spread that love at every opportunity you get. To assist eachother in understanding things you do and others don't. To comfort those that are hurting, and give to those that ask of you.

The point of existence is to learn your lessons, and deal with life's challenges without fear.

And of course to make it to the finish line without killing yourself in the process

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join