It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

God Particle Mystery May Soon Be Solved

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

God Particle Mystery May Soon Be Solved


news.discovery.com

Physicists believe that by the end of 2012 they will be able to determine whether a theorized particle called the Higgs boson, which has unleashed a gruelling decades-long hunt, exists or not, they said on Tuesday.

"I'm pretty confident that towards the end of 2012 we will have an answer to the Shakespeare question for the Higgs boson -- to be, or not to be?" Rolf-Dieter Heuer, director general of the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN), told a press conference at Britain's Royal..
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
By the end of 2012, physicists predict that they will be able to determine whether the Higgs-Boson, also known as the God particle, exists.

The theory behind the Higgs is that mass does not derive from particles themselves.

Instead, mass comes from collisions between particles and a non-matter particle, or boson, called the Higgs.

So, if they get this Higgs boson particle, they can explain why matter has mass and there is gravity in the Universe. This is very exciting news. Seems 2012 will be a very busy year.

news.discovery.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO
 


S & F

Couldn't they have said 2011 or 2013?

Why 2012?


On a serious note. I hope they do find it. Thanks for posting the story.

edit on 18-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
damn, there's that year AGAIN!!!!

what's going to happen, millions of mini-black holes swallowing up the planet into itself before end of 2012 but before that the Annunaki come to earth while Nibiru finally joins our solar system again and they come to save us from ourselves and everyone flies to Peru to find the answers in ancient underground Mayan cities.

There is no god particle and if there is it's not meant to be found
because to find it means creating disastruous instruments that could end the world!



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by RUSSO
 


S & F

Couldn't they have said 2011 or 2013? Why 2012?


On a serious note. I hope they do find it. Thanks for posting the story.


It is interesting that many news and stories converge to this particular year. Im glad you like it SLAYER69. Lets see what goods this will bring to us.



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think this shows the human races extreme lack of intelligence. We as a race can't find a cure for the common cold. Don't even understand things about our environment and we are going to play around what they belief created the Earth through an explosion that we can't even comprehend? Are we trying to destroy ourselves? Because it sure seems we are heading in the right direction.



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO
 


Thank you for the update as I am interested in knowing all about the LHC and its findings although I have to say.......

While it excites the Scientist in me, it also concerns the spiritual essence that resides herein as well.

The reason it concerns me is because I am not so sure ANY digging or probing deep into our Earth is a "good" thing for the Planet. I am more concerned with the Health of this Planet than I am about finding a God Particle, especially when it involves placing something that big in an almost 17 mile wide hole and 325 feet below Earth surface.

When I read about this experiment years ago, the concern was there....and it still is. The fear amongst many was it may cause a black hole to form....

For me, its a concern that digging deep to find answers to questions may induce Severe Earth Shaking's.

I have no proof it causes such....its just an intuitive feeling I get and got when I first heard of the news and I just wish sometimes "we" could leave well enough alone and just live happily and freely.

The Arkansas swarm also comes to mind....Fracking = EQ's.



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
damn, there's that year AGAIN!!!!

what's going to happen, millions of mini-black holes swallowing up the planet into itself before end of 2012 but before that the Annunaki come to earth while Nibiru finally joins our solar system again and they come to save us from ourselves and everyone flies to Peru to find the answers in ancient underground Mayan cities.

There is no god particle and if there is it's not meant to be found
because to find it means creating disastruous instruments that could end the world!


I can only hope (and try to see the positive side) it takes us to some material and scientific progress. Perhaps a better understanding of the universe, the detached of the ties that tie us to this planet and finally we can explore the universe.



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by RUSSO
 


Thank you for the update as I am interested in knowing all about the LHC and its findings although I have to say.......

While it excites the Scientist in me, it also concerns the spiritual essence that resides herein as well.

The reason it concerns me is because I am not so sure ANY digging or probing deep into our Earth is a "good" thing for the Planet. I am more concerned with the Health of this Planet than I am about finding a God Particle, especially when it involves placing something that big in an almost 17 mile wide hole and 325 feet below Earth surface.

When I read about this experiment years ago, the concern was there....and it still is. The fear amongst many was it may cause a black hole to form....

For me, its a concern that digging deep to find answers to questions may induce Severe Earth Shaking's.

I have no proof it causes such....its just an intuitive feeling I get and got when I first heard of the news and I just wish sometimes "we" could leave well enough alone and just live happily and freely.

The Arkansas swarm also comes to mind....Fracking = EQ's.



I really hope that curiosity, this time, do not kill the cat.



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO
 


Ha! You and me both! Don't get me wrong....love experiments and the search for more "out there", however there must come a time when these "smart" dudes use their brain in a more common sense fashion. If you dig in my area you have to get permission. They will come out and do their little survey and mark it. WHY do these people think they do not need "We the People"'s permission to mess around with our home we call Earth and life as we know it. Its as if they can do whatever and we have to follow their rules, which by the way makes me wanna hurl!~



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
I think this shows the human races extreme lack of intelligence. We as a race can't find a cure for the common cold. Don't even understand things about our environment and we are going to play around what they belief created the Earth through an explosion that we can't even comprehend? Are we trying to destroy ourselves? Because it sure seems we are heading in the right direction.


The scientists always said the energy that will be generated will not be dangerous to our planet. But who knows, they already were wrong before, so...

edit on 18-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO
 


Exactly, they are always right until another scientist comes along to inform them they are wrong. Its our history, right?

I will have to study up on this again as it has been years since I sought any information. It will be something fun for me and the kids to discuss today, thats for sure! ha! I always love getting their little minds to work as they always have something really cool and insightful to add to the conversation. Thanks again.....



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if there was any truth to that supposed leaked memo.



Can't wait for the results... New physics, here we come!



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Exiting times, this hopefully will clear up whether or not we physically really exist. If they haven't found the Higgs i would love to find out what their the latest theory of mass is!
S+F



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
God particle, what a farce, physicist don't believe in god. I guess they love worshipping the material world and not spiritual.
edit on 18-5-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Makes you wonder if there was any truth to that supposed leaked memo.



Can't wait for the results... New physics, here we come!


Which leaked memo? I think I missed that, any chance you could paste a link please?

I can see this as a good thing, it's a shame the US team had their machinery break down on them so they can't compare notes but like others, I'm curious as to the outcome. Also the results being known by the end of 2012 had alarm bells ringing for me too so some of you aren't alone there.



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN
God particle, what a farce, physicist don't believe in god. I guess they love worshipping the material world and not spiritual.
edit on 18-5-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)


Actually, you'd be surprised how many physicists believe in God and are religious, they just don't allow their beliefs to get in the way of legit scientific study.

Also, "God particle" is just a nickname chosen so don't blow a fuse over that one pal



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7
 


Is in the main text. Just rumors, but....


In late April, rumors circulated like wildfire that CERN had detected the shadow of a Higgs, but this was only a partial, draft result that was leaked on an Internet blog and turned out to be false, said Gianotti. "It was wrong," she said. "We see no peak and no evidence of a Higgs boson, unfortunately."



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There is no god particle.

There is cosmic observation. All this god particle nonsense isn't going to go newhere netime soon.



posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
There is no god particle.

There is cosmic observation. All this god particle nonsense isn't going to go newhere netime soon.


Are you saying this because you dont believe in god, or because you believe in him?




top topics



 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join