It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BritishBrotherOfBass

Oh, well what you are refering to is the British Royals.

Everyone knows they are zombies. Right-o

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Well, I played some zombies in Call of Duty Black Ops. Reached round 30 on Kino Der Toten. Round 29 on Ascension. It's all good. I'm prepared for a zombie apocalypse any day. Come at me bros.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Do you remember?

(Classified) Bill Defends Against Flesh-Eating (Classified)

Was not only a joke?

lmao kinda makes you wish it wasnt classified sounds verry important what ever it is you know like something they should be telling us

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Is it possible for a virus to turn humans into crazed hordes of cannibals? That's the question.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

I dont see y not
but isnt it possable the economy might be able to do it also

edit on 19-5-2011 by jonco6 because: adding something

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'

www.foxnews.com

That's the question posed by the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention in a Monday blog posting gruesomely titled, "Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse." And while it's no joke, CDC officials say it's all about emergency preparation.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18/5/11 by argentus because: changed headline to reflect that of source

No evudence that this could happen and its from a blog of someone that may or may not work for the CDC. Come on ATSer's, your smarter than that!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
s+f

I guess I'll be surving a long time. I kick ass on L4D1/2! and any resident evil game, sheesh been playing them since I was a kid.

So where's the hideout?
Oh wait, true! Follow the arrows.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

The Homeland Security idiot who is interviewed for this article claims this is a strategy to break the monotany of the constant prepare message from the agency. It's unprofessional and stupid; attentionwhoreism.

The only zombies Americans have to worry about are the blood suckers in the government who are draining this nation of dignity, treasure and freedom.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
A dream come true...

... bring on the zombies!!!

*I got my plan... do YOU!?!!?*

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
reply to post by CanadianDream420

The Homeland Security idiot who is interviewed for this article claims this is a strategy to break the monotany of the constant prepare message from the agency. It's unprofessional and stupid; attentionwhoreism.

The only zombies Americans have to worry about are the blood suckers in the government who are draining this nation of dignity, treasure and freedom.

Ahh, I see! The Vampires!

Why don't they call it the preperation for 'The Vampire Apocalypse' then?

BTW! I actually think that the 'Zombie' wording in this case is a cleverly chosen "code-word" by the politicians to describe the expendable masses - the soon-to-come, useless & radioactive flesh eaters

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
We are already zombies, doing as were told day in day out, working, paying taxes, gobbling up the information spoon fed to us. The only difference between us and hollywood movies is that we dont eat human flesh.

When or if the global food crisis and the impending collapse of world economies happens people will get so hungry they will eat anything, including their fellow man. zombies dont seem so unrealistic now.

On a lighter note, I hope that they would be the slow zombies that are in the majority of films and games, not the 'fast' ones from 28 days later.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
Has anyone considered the effects of Rabies?
Have you ever seen a rabid dog or deer?

Have you ever seen a rabid person strapped to a hospital bed? It's not a pleasant sight or thought!

Just saying for the benefit of all of those who say "It has never happened, it can't happen, it won't happen! It's all fiction no fact! Believe it, it happens!

Yes. This was discussed numerous times in this thread. There was an article written in National Geographic some while back discussing the possibility of a rabies/flu hybrid that would create a zombie like outbreak.

reply to post by yrwehere1

In a case like this the source is irrelevant, because like it or not, the fact that a plague, producing zombie-like symptoms in people, could occur and there are at least ten known diseases that could cause this "zombie pandemic", and countless unknown factors that could contribute as well.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The math they say, shows ye got to attack attack attack for mankind to stand a chance at survival. Lacking a firearm I'd be burning zombies en masse.

For those who like the math Mathematical Modelling for a Zombie Outbreak

2. The Basic Model For the basic model, we consider three basic classes:  Susceptible (S).  Zombie (Z).  Removed (R). Susceptibles can become deceased through ‘natural’ causes, i.e., non-zombie-related death (parameter ). The removed class consists of individuals who have died, either through attack or natural causes. Humans in the removed class can resurrect and become a zombie (parameter ). Susceptibles can become zombies through transmission via an encounter with a zombie (transmission parameter ). Only humans can become infected through contact with zombies, and zombies only have a craving for human flesh so we do not consider any other life forms in the model. New zombies can only come from two sources:  The resurrected from the newly deceased (removed group).  Susceptibles who have ‘lost’ an encounter with a zombie. In addition, we assume the birth rate is a constant, . Zombies move to the removed class upon being ‘defeated’. This can be done by removing the head or destroying the brain of the zombie (parameter ). We also assume that zombies do not attack/defeat other zombies.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jonco6

Did he stumble a little with shock? He was like "... Jesus followed by a brief pause" That bit made me worry a lot...

"reviewed the bill" Jeez, we reviewed the word classfied alright.
edit on 19/5/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio
Is it possible for a virus to turn humans into crazed hordes of cannibals? That's the question.

I agree!!

When I first read the article, I thought, "Wow. Hahahah"

Then when I read the part referencing the 'Night of the Living Dead" and how a radiation leak brought the dead back to life, my laughter was more like, "hah...ha...ha...hmmmmm....whoa"

Very interesting idea, regardless!!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think this is a hidden training operation for the gov to prepare for the revolution and the millions of citizens that watch american idol with guns that want to do the similar things zombies want to.

THEY AINT TRICKIN ME!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

Everyone in this thread has missed the point here. The question is WHY is the CDC publishing this information?

Not because they are wasting tax dollars, or that they are inept. WHY needs to be the question.

With everything that is going on right now, the collapse of the dollar, possible inflation beyond control, comet Elenin, End of the world prophesies, Niburu, Collapse of governments all over the middle east, incredible world disasters, FEMA camps all over the globe, Government stockpiling of MRE's, and on , and on, WHAT is our government subliminally preparing us for?

If the dollar collapses, and the USA goes down, do you not think the world will starve? Man will be turned into cannibals just to survive. Hell, we can't even grow crops now with the damn genetically altered seeds they have created!

So stop looking at this like it is some sort of joke, or tongue in cheek press release. This was done for a reason, folks. Root out the reason.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well, the rapture is supposedly happening this weekend right. And aren't the dead supposed to walk the Earth when this happens? Just a half joking thought at the timing of the CDC....wait..what?
edit on 19-5-2011 by shai hulud because: spelling

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by David291

You do know that the video is from the Onion and not real right??

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I'm confident once a person is dead, drained of their blood and put into caskets that the likeliness of them returning to the surface of the earth is right around 0%....

Even if they did, they'd be looking for a drink of water.. Not brains.

I hope you are right, if they are looking for brains around where I live they would starve. Just to be safe though, if the zombie apocalypse ever happens I'm just going to surround my house with outward facing treadmills.

I should be fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join