It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
hmmmm, lets see, I have a razor sharp Katana, razor sharp scythe, flame thrower, cannon, axes,chainsaws, baseball bats, hedge clubs and staffs, sledge hammers, cutting torch, bolt cutters, heavy old hot rod car with heavy steel bumpers, zombie vaccine....yep I'm prepared

Zombie Vaccine? What's that, a twelve gauge sabot?

Originally posted by mkkkay
I can see it now, in a shtf senario:

If there is no more food, and people start eating each other for survival..
What would they call them. i'm sure they would be called zombies.

Ever seen the movie 'The Road'? I think they were just referred to as terrible terrible people in that film.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Pretty sure Zombieland covered everything you needed to know about surviving zombies.

Amazing movie.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Guns are far less important than edged or blunt weapons in the case of a zombie outbreak. Guns are like ringing the dinner bell. You could be a crack shot, but it won't help if you're being swarmed by a thousand, previously unaware, ghouls. Best to dispatch them quickly and quietly, then be on your way.

Ah yes true, but at close range it would take a little skill to take out zombies with a sword before they swarm you. But yes your right guns would not be as useful as edged weapons, especially it there the kind that can take bullets to the chest and keep coming, and would only fall for head shots and you would be able to hear a gun shoot from miles off like you said, it would be a zombie magnet every time you would fire one off.

And then there is the reloading thing you would have to do every 12 shots or whatever depending on your gun, and the probability is that in the zombie Apocalypse you would eventually run out of bullets before you would run out of zombies. I have some swords and used them to cut things and ill say this right now, with a good katana you would make hamburger of a zombie or number of zombies at close range.

If you have the time and the space, fire is another great cleanser. Attract as many as you can into a building that's of multiple stories, and within jumping distance of another building. Once the first building is full, set a fire and let the cookout begin. You won't even have to close the door, because zombies don't have the instinct of self preservation anymore. You just jump to the next building and haul ass away.

A good plan but risky. Because to lure them into a building you would have to bait yourself into the building, and without a quick way and sneaky way out of the building that your trying to fill up with zombies, you would of trapped yourself or get overwhelmed before you could escape to lock them in there because I am sure if they see or hear you they will try to follow. So only if you know the building in and out, and are sure you can escape to set fire to it all once there all in the building.

And then what if the safety sprinklers go off? You would have to disable them or possibly turn all power off in the whole building. And even then it's not that easy to set fire to a building just like that, even the ones made of wood, you would have to booby trap the whole place or douse the whole place in gasoline first, before you even try luring zombies in to that trap. So its a good plan as long as you know what your doing.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Figures that the CDC wouldn't have a clue about Zombie attacks, any more than they have a clue about anything else. No mention whatsoever of amassing firearms in the preparations list. How in the hell are we supposed to get in "head shots" to put the zombies down without firearms?

Stock up on guns and ammo - the more the merrier. Head shots only - don't waste that ammo! Cardio. Always remember cardio. Finally, take your base on high ground. Preferably high ground which is completely encircled by a moat filled with gasoline. Set afire as necessary to repel attacks. Wash, rinse, repeat - until the zombies are no more.

Friggin' CDC! Gummint can't even get THAT right!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I know plenty of derelict complexes that don't meet safety standards that'd work well for this scenario. Even if the sprinklers do work, I always thought it might be.... interesting to drain the water and replace with some sort of flammable fluid. You'd better have your running shoes on and set to light after you'd exited/escaped the building, but at a distance it ought to be a decent show.
Be sure you do watch from a distance though, for the dead are drawn to fire like moths. They likely wouldn't fear it as they do in the old 60-70s films.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well I just found my ride for the ZA.

Why waste ammo, when you can just MULCH the zombie horde.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I wonder why the link to the CDC blog isn't working (either from the link in the news story, or directly) ... all it does is time out. Is it getting heavy traffic, or is it a cover up? hmmmmmm...

blogs.cdc.gov...

I would have to say that YES the word IS getting out as I just heard on the radio coming home from work while listening to the Laura Ingram show (talk radio) and a caller called in to talk about the CDC Zombie page. At first the host that was filling in for Laura Ingram thought that the caller was joking but soon found out that it was no joke as sure enough as the host connected to the CDC website, there it was. I just got home myself and found this thread as I am kind of at a loss for words myself on this...nonsense, or is it?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Somewhat related note:
This: Zombie Ants scares the heck out of me when I really ponder the ramifications. Granted, the human brain is significantly more complex than the brain of an ant, but nonetheless you have a parasitic fungus which has adapted to not just infect ants, but connect to their brains and control the full range of their behavior & actions, directing them to do exactly what the fungus requires for its life cycle & continuation of the species.

Let your mind run wild on this one. Imagine this fungus evolved/adapted to be able to do the same to a mammal host. Also imagine that the same adaptations lead to requiring not plant fluids, but blood for nurturing the growing parasite.

Also, from a scientific standpoint, 28 Days Later is realistic... Dawn of the Dead is not. A community could be infected by a rabies-like virus which could drive the victims into a state of true madness, animalistic behavior, and incessant rage. In such a case, the results would be pretty close to a "Zombie Apocalypse."

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

Loved that movie, 28 Days Later & yes, I agree, very effective means of delivery & transmission.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What I think is most interesting is that this release is just days before a "supposed" rapture.

Since some theorize that the rapture isn't a removal of the physical, just the soul, leaving behind an empty shell

hmmmmmm......

watch out for them blue beams

(cross post from redirect)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
What I think is most interesting is that this release is just days before a "supposed" rapture.

Since some theorize that the rapture isn't a removal of the physical, just the soul, leaving behind an empty shell

hmmmmmm......

watch out for them blue beams

(cross post from redirect)

Maybe they're just hedging their bets?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I was thinking the same thing, the hype & for some the panic of what is being said is going to happen on Saturday....what perfect timing! All I can say is if it were to happen I'll be looting on Sunday. You can find me at Best Buy, ball bat in hand getting that 42" plasma TV!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420
reply to post by claireaudient

Wait, are they talking about the slow ass walking Romero Zombies or those sprinter from the newer movies, because, I'm not a strong runner! I could MAYBE walk quickly away, but even that seems unlikely lol

Gotta be the runners.
the shuffling dead is defeated by a door (doesn't even need to be locked) and a broom to push them away.

what kills people in the shuffling dead movies are not zombies, but their own stupidity and inability to live with one another mixed...along with perhaps the slowest reaction times ever...I used to love the slow zombie movies until 2003 when 28 days came out...now the slow zombie movies annoy me...made me realize the survivors are always the most moronic twits ever.

Anyhow

My zombie senario kit includes a sword, a dagger. Bit medieval, but whatever, I don't have to reload. A brain and some quick weapons, and hopefully a bit of luck. Also, the mission to find survivors to help with the effort of daily life, such as construction, hunting, water, etc...the more the merrier.

If a zombie apoc did break out, the best place would be the local county jail to hole up...they got plenty of riot stopping points so that should the place be breached, you can fall back to the next fortress point.
Also a really good place to find a ton of survivors that are ready to work (and probably useful in finding entertainment in a dull environment also)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
And now the Dept. of Transportation in DC is in on the "rapture" act via their Twitter account
www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Fox News
Enough said.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You might be right ... did you see the tag line at the bottom of the blog?

Never Fear – CDC is Ready

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Not entirely convinced this isn't an experimental conditioning effort by the CDC. No, I don't mean conditioning us for dealing with zombies, either. Ask any zombie buff what the procedure is for coping with a zombie outbreak and you'll likely get the following:
1. Arm yourself heavily. You want guns (shotguns preferably), as much ammo as you can physically carry, and a backup such as a sword, machette, or fire ax.
2. Secure food & water
3. STAY PUT if you are in a defensible location
4. If you must move KEEP AWAY FROM REFUGEE SHELTERS!

Now, look at this CDC garbage. NOTHING said about arming yourself. They discourage staying put, encourage quickly migrating away from your safe house to a refugee camp, etc.

It's crap clearly designed and written to modify people's behavior away from the idea of arming, defending, and protecting their own and instead pushing the idea of "seek out Big Brother, He will shelter you."

edit on 19-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Yes, but that doesn't mean that a disease can't come about that increases activity in the medula oblongata and reduces it else where in the brain that also stimulates some of the other glands, like the pituitary etc... increasing strength through adrenaline production. This would make a super strong non-thinking hypoer agressive beast of a person that in effect would be damn close to that of a zombie....

Jaden

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
A community could be infected by a rabies-like virus which could drive the victims into a state of true madness, animalistic behavior, and incessant rage. In such a case, the results would be pretty close to a "Zombie Apocalypse."

Again, I ask...if they are in a true state of madness, how would they work together as a team to overwhelm non-zombies? Wouldn't they all just go insane on each other? That's what I find to be the most unrealistic thing in the scenario, that they have no reasoning, but enough to know who's not infected, and enough to drink water. Otherwise, they'd be dead in less than 28 days...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I as well agree that when one is dead,well your dead.But this could be referring to a future where their will be a apocalypse type scenerio with people turning to cannibalism.And for the zombies,nuclear fallout and radio infected people would be horrific.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So I dont know if this has been posted but my local news is claiming that the cdc website has been hacked reason for the zombie warning

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join