It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I can see it now, in a shtf senario:

If there is no more food, and people start eating each other for survival..
What would they call them. i'm sure they would be called zombies.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Possibly this is the CDC's way of saying there will be such terrific food shortages that people are going to turn to canniballism for lack of proteins in their diets as they starve to death. People without a deep moral compass will find it next to impossible to allow themselves to starve to death. Studies have shown then will even eat their own. When a person subsists on a diet exclusively human flesh there are reports of immune disorders that cause skin leisons and etc that represent a type of zombified looking condition. Juandiced skin with soars and etc. effects with brain dissorders that can over time cause a real zombie type of effect. Possibly even roving bands of mob mentality type scavengers...

Or maybe Ive just watched one to many zombie movies in my youth... :O

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
SHTF scenario

Zombies = Indignant Lowlifes/ looters coming for your survival supply's

Not Undead Corpses reanimated & eating brains...

Doesnt even have to be after a SHTF scenario... in the last month we have had yet another year start off with these mobs of lowlifes busting into neighborhoods, gas stations, the darned bowling alley, etc and looting. I told about it on another thread.. reports varied between 150 and 200 "youths" went to a quiet neighborhood, crashed a kids birthday party, looted, tore stuff, up and got stabby when the homeowners and neighbors tried to get it under control. 15 "youths" ganged up on a lone 14 yr old at a gas station. A group of 5 "young women" attacked an ambulance.Over on 1st street 30 "youths" went to a womans home to beat her teen twins up.. when the parent tried to control the situation.. they beat her too. Zombie attacks are real here.

Yep, we're already invaded by zombies. They arent "dead" in body.. just in mind and spirit. However, Im all for using chainsaw nunchucks on them....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Who's idiot idea was this ? Yet another reason not to take Big Pharma's sisters advice.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This story was oringinally written in the CDC's blog, and does not mean the CDC is "actually" prepareing for a ZOmbie apocalypse. Although most humans have a the ability to go bat shyt.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

Wait, are they talking about the slow ass walking Romero Zombies or those sprinter from the newer movies, because, I'm not a strong runner! I could MAYBE walk quickly away, but even that seems unlikely lol

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

You all who are going "zomg CDC fail" - know this. This is simply a "marketing" technique. They speak of OTHER things like hurricanes/other disease/legitimate problems. Then say "To survive Apoc-Z...do like X" Its a way to get attention....imagine you are in a situation "related to" - you'd go "Oh this is like X from zombie blog post! I remember, do Y"

I'm sorry, but after all the swine flu b.s., this blog post isn't a bit funny to me.

It's asinine. It comes off like an attempt to imply people are so ignorant that they've got to play on some fictional horror story to get the attention of the "dummy population."

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Yep, we're already invaded by zombies. They arent "dead" in body.. just in mind and spirit. However, Im all for using chainsaw nunchucks on them....

Well, I hadn't thought of it that way....

I think you might have a point there........lol

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

Wait, are they talking about the slow ass walking Romero Zombies or those sprinter from the newer movies, because, I'm not a strong runner! I could MAYBE walk quickly away, but even that seems unlikely lol

LMAO!

What is a "Romero Zombie?"

I had to give you a star for that comment......

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is not a laughing matter, even though the "Undead" certainly is a fantastic scare tactic. In actuality there have been studies that show certain levels, or 'waves' of radiation can affect the human brain and essentially shut off certain areas of it. What they mean by primal instincts is quite simple; Eat, screw and protect your territory. If someone were mentally reduced to this state, then a 'zombie' pattern of behaviour would emerge (from what we have associated with zombies in media). They wouldn't go for your brains, but would likely be more than ok with cannabalism, would attack unprovoked and aggresively, and then you have the reproduction part, not very common with zombie folklore.

While this is amusing, the implications of someone up high in the ranks 'knowing' that radiation can do this, must know something we don't. Again I have 'heard' about radiation possibly doing this, I have never personally researched it and frankly don't care to. But if it is true, with the nuclear disaster at the Fuk-yo-shi-up plant (
) and massive radiation leak, perhaps there is a shred of validity to this. I truly hope not though.

FYI I am a zombie fanatic, and have thought the scenario through many times. If anyone feels like expressing how they would protect themselves/what they would use against zombies, please check out my other thread.

DIY Weaponry for zombie apocolypse

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

Cool thread!

"Perhaps surprisingly, the same steps you'd take in preparation for an onslaught of ravenous monsters are similar to those suggested in advance of a hurricane or pandemic."

There's no way that it would be the same steps!Water chasing you is a little less scary for 1.Unless it was a tsunami!,which you'd be kinda screwed..the only thing you could do there is run!You could fight the zombies though!

And while people are distracted by the zombie apocalypse not being threat they forget some things.Like,what if it's a virus that turns people into flesh eaters or turns them into animals like Resident Evil or 28 days later?There's no dying first there!So the scenario is very possible!

How do you prepare?Weapons lol lots and lots of them..and food and water of course!A generator would be handy,some dirt,some fish to breed if possible,and seeds!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Just remember the golden rule after fleeing to shelter.....
SHOOT THEM IN THE HEAD

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'

www.foxnews.com

That's the question posed by the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention in a Monday blog posting gruesomely titled, "Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse." And while it's no joke, CDC officials say it's all about emergency preparation.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18/5/11 by argentus because: changed headline to reflect that of source

my first thought is a plague...you know like that movie there with Will Smith in it...I Am Legend (2007)
edit on 19-5-2011 by dizzie_lizzie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Not entirely convinced this isn't an experimental conditioning effort by the CDC. No, I don't mean conditioning us for dealing with zombies, either. Ask any zombie buff what the procedure is for coping with a zombie outbreak and you'll likely get the following:
1. Arm yourself heavily. You want guns (shotguns preferably), as much ammo as you can physically carry, and a backup such as a sword, machette, or fire ax.
2. Secure food & water
3. STAY PUT if you are in a defensible location
4. If you must move KEEP AWAY FROM REFUGEE SHELTERS!

Now, look at this CDC garbage. NOTHING said about arming yourself. They discourage staying put, encourage quickly migrating away from your safe house to a refugee camp, etc.

It's crap clearly designed and written to modify people's behavior away from the idea of arming, defending, and protecting their own and instead pushing the idea of "seek out Big Brother, He will shelter you."

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have no comment.
yaWn.
I have a question.

Why would the CDC go to such lengths to "prepare" all of us for a disaster, as if they know one is going to happen?
edit on 19-5-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I hate to say folks, something at least doesn't seem right here, toungue in cheek or not! The "zombie attack" can be taken multiple ways. Think of the divisions we're seeing in our politics/country at the moment. Wouldn't take much for either political party to point the finger at the other and call them the enemy...at which point the other side becomes an infuriated riot or your mindless zombie mob. In a real world scenerio when would we ever have to prepare to defend ourselves from our own neibors? Even in the biggest war scenerio the enemy would have gone completely through our military before we'd ever have to defend ourselves on such a mass scale. I can't think of any other reason (even at a massive global disaster) to need something like this implemented other than to defend ourselves from ourselves. Are we really that far down the rabbit hole that we truely trust no one?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
reply to post by unityemissions

Show me a single credible source. One of a real flesh eating zombie.

I have a very open mind. Radiation poison kills you. In the history of man not a single person has died from it and awoke a zombie. Please show me I'm wrong.

I noticed you had a site in your reply the first mention of zombies was a creation in a movie. No religion mentions one. There has never been a single documented account of one. This rage is from video games. My ten year old son plays them, it's pure fantasy.

Aliens same thing. a Movie creation. At first they were Martians remember? Well we researched Mar's and guess what. They proved their weren't any. So now they are Aliens. Look up the definition of Alien.
edit on 5/18/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

Actually, the Bible mentions "zombies" quite frequently. Or at least dead people coming back to life.

Matthew 27: 51At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. 52The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.

And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt (Daniel 12:2)

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death" (Revelation 1:18).

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.(1 Thessalonians 4:16)

51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”([1 Corinthians 15:51-54)/ex]

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Okay. I have zombie dreams ALL the time, I've actually gotten to a point where they don't even scare me anymore. I wake up out of breath from running and killing them, and it's like, ho hum, another zombie dream. My logic issue is this...not sure if it's already been brought up, but why, in all the scenarios regarding the loss of reasoning, do they seek out normal living people and are reasonable enough to know they're hiding inside a building, and that persistence will eventually pay off? Why wouldn't they, in their madness, just tear each other apart?

ETA: Also, would they be reasonable enough to stay well hydrated? Otherwise, any zombies here in the desert would be jerky in a day.
edit on 19-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
On a serious note though . . . Has anyone else noticed an increase for advertising by the Government in regards to “Emergency Preparedness”. The whole “Get a Kit, Make a Plan, Be Informed” campaign? Is this the governments way of warning us that SOMETHING is coming?

Ready.gov

What are they not telling us? (Thats a rhetorical question. Obviously it's a lot!)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Heres one! Suppose..if thier was a zombie problem arising, how do we, or they know,its not like in the movie return of the living dead, 1985. a zombie is in an old old oil drum converted to fit the body, and filled with Trioxin*(trioxin was the carrcinogenic chemical that brought the dead body to life, perserved it whatever). They hacked it up, incinerated the body, and the chemicals in the body went up into the air, and into the clouds, causing it to mix with rain back down to earth..saturated into a local cemetary yard, and bought the rest of the dead back to life...
something else to consider

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join