It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Them Eat Cake!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Quite often I see posts and new threads complaining about the impoverished neighbor living off of some kind of government assistance, while the angry resentfull and stressed out poster works hard and lives to work so he and she can live. I have no doubt of their honesty in that regard, none. I have read brief stories of someone who allegedly got SSDI due to fraud. In my own personal knowledge/life history/experience, recieving such is very much not an easy endeavor. People are always getting said "no" to for it. So they have to go get attorneys (which cost) (a lot) to re fight. And that income anyway, the person paid into all their life while working, like Retirement. I live in one of two buildings that houses alot of disabled and elderly. Did you all know they are not living the life of Riley? Did you all know that alot of them die? When I used to live on the other side of the building which overlooks the main entrance/driveway, I OFTEN watched the undertaker pull up in a hearse type van deal, and wheel out someone under a burgundy blanket in a state of rigormortis with the hand and leg up. One time, I watched and waited. About six cop cars were out front. For an hour I waited. Then they emerged hauling out this highly distrought old veteran with one leg, but he was big and strong and flailing and freaking out. I never saw him again.
My own mom is living on her Social Security Retirement Income, but she goes to this church once a month which hands out food pantry food, otherwise she'd go hungry. I walked into a big box store with her yesterday to pick up an air conditioner I need. About a week ago, the temp spiked to 90's and humid. I thought I would faint. anyway, her leg was big, mis shapen, swollen, and hurt. It does that very often. She has to walk slow from the pain. Me and the siblings asked her why she don't utilize her Medicare and go get looked at. She doesn't have enough money to pay the amount which the Medicare don't. We do not either. All of us live from month to month. I am a veteran, and will go to a VA hospital when the time comes.

Big Oil was just okayd by the Republicans to continue to get welfare. Here is one of numerous MSM reports about it. www.huffingtonpost.com...

I don't understand why the angry "hard workers" are more jealous and resentfull of them instead. Do any of you?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I always wondered why people get so worked up over welfare and food stamps. After working in a grocery store, I realize that the standard of living one must endure to keep receiving benefits is really low.

The way I see it, if you want to live poor, with a low standard of living, feel free to use up welfare or foodstamps all you want. I, on the other hand, prefer not to eat instant macaroni and cheese and ramen noodles, so I would rather be hard working and prosperous.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Being poor, as I have said in another post long while back, is "Like being dead, while in jail, in a box, nailed shut."
Those who are so relegated, often cannot help such. I remember when the decision was made to nix Terry Schaivo, (which I disagreed with) because "she no longer has a quality of life." (That they could see) But when you have no quality of life from within subsistence, it seems like alot of people want to be their executioner as well, just because .......... of what? I don't know.

new topics

join