It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Drug War Gets More Fierce

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Mexican Drug War Gets More Fierce

www.undispatch.com

Evidence of the deepening entrenchment of Mexico’s drug war surfaced last week in the form of El Monstruo 2011, a homemade tank-like vehicle belonging to Los Zetas, the former enforcement arm of – and now competitor to – the powerful Gulf Cartel. Captured by the Mexican army after a firefight outside Ciudad Mier in northern Mexico, El Monstruo appears to be closer to an infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) than a traditional battle tank.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-5-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I really shouldn't be surprised to see a tank...
after all we just caught another homemade submarine just filled with coke...

this one's a bit different...
this APC like vehicle looks to have been built to assault the Mexican military...
The Zetas have an understanding of urban warfare tactics,
the Zetas are all ex Military after all... reports have surfaced of convoys successfully ambushing military patrols, and the use of car bombs and improvised explosive devices (IEDs) is on the rise. their not just killing the troops their talking the weapons and equipment...

looks to me like a big leap in escalation

Edit to add another photo of this Getto Tank

www.undispatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Wonder if anyone realizes that if we keep letting the drug cartels get away with this, that the outcome will eventually evolve into them being full blown terrorists. They are certainly well on their way to getting enough money, equipment and followers. We had better put an end to it now before it gets to the point that the real problems begin.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well they can continue the fighting within their own borders. Personally, I don't care if they off each other to extinction, but if it continues to bleed over to our country, we need to be the right hand of god and bring down the hammer on them all! ( the culprits anyways )

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Nice.
Homemade my white, southern butt. That looks very well designed and thought out. The material used and craftsmanship is really good and really frightening.
But, it does not surprise me that they found it. I am surprised it took this long to either find it our have a documented encounter with it.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realms
Well they can continue the fighting within their own borders. Personally, I don't care if they off each other to extinction, but if it continues to bleed over to our country, we need to be the right hand of god and bring down the hammer on them all! ( the culprits anyways )

But they have spilled over into Texas and Arizona.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

They hold american people for ransom, and send back body parts.......

they run people off their ranches......

They kill border patrol agents, and take control of police agencies on the mexican border.....

They threaten anyones safety that lives on the border

THEY ARE TERRORISTS

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

they'v got the funds to baisically to get anything they want. i know they hired ex soveit experts to build some of the subs that have been found. they hire ex S.F from all round the world to train them and even close protection in some cases... as the old saying goes money talks. when you think about it these cartels are more finantially sound than most goverments

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

And now their building there own tanks...
well make that APC's ...
Who knows maybe their waiting on bids from NK and Iran before mounting a main gun and turret

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

But they have spilled over into Texas and Arizona.

Thus the reason I stated that since its continuing to bleed into our borders to " drop the hammer " on them all. Again, the culprits anyhow.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Two turrets, Ten firing ports, maybe two more in the rear. Fairly well thought out, with the exception of a quick exit in case of fire/disabled. Doesn’t look to agile either. But if the Zetas thought they would use this to run and gun, they wasted their money. This might have a onetime use against local police, but the Mexican Gov’t has brought their Army into this fight. Armies have RPG’s and LAW/MAW’s at a minimum. That’s why we are looking at a burned out wreck.

The Zetas will rue the day the U.S. gets into the fight.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

This doesn't surprise me at all. They are continuing to expand their equipment and level of sophistication on a regular basis. The drug cartels in Mexico have already expanded their turf into several cities and states within the United States as I have previously posted on other threads here on ATS. And now, Senor Loera, or "el chapo" the Mexican drug lord, has been named the most wanted man in the world since the death of Bin Laden. I posted a new thread about this on ATS last night here:

"Death of Bin Laden Makes Mexico Drug Baron World’s Most Wanted"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

S&F to OP

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

The Zetas will rue the day the U.S. gets into the fight.

Yes....and when will that be? Our military is being used to invade every other country but the one who is causing us the most problem on our own soil.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
As a wise man once said

Kill them all, let god sort'em out!

Thus ending a peoples that has proven that they can't survive in a civilized society.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

As a wise man once said

Thus ending a peoples that has proven that they can't survive in a civilized society.

The Culprits anyways ...

I hope that is what you're saying.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I have a hard time feeling sorry for the US and mexico when it is their own stupid rules that brought about the pain.

For me, I see the writing on the wall. If you are in a state bordering Mexico, you should consider leaving in the next few years.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I think that we have been gathering Intel for some time. However, given the history between our two Nations and the large hispanic influence in the States, I don't think it will be anytime soon. Unless the Zetas start large scale attacks here.

I believe that this will be another long term UAV & Spec-Op operation. When you see Major Drug lords getting killed or arrested en masse, you'll know that we have finally become involved.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

That one is already using parts from old armored vehicles.

The firing ports are of an older design used on certain armored vehicles....

As to the basic vehicle design.... well it's pretty excellent it's sloped armor would be hard on rifles.

All in all something of this caliber and cleanliness says to me professional vehicle armor types built this vehicle.
I would really like to see the inside.... The inside would tell us more.

Which is why it will not get shown.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I rest my case then.

I know a job for Seal Team Six if they do not have anything on their plate at the moment.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon102

As a wise man once said

The Culprits anyways ...

I hope that is what you're saying.

For the most part yes, but Im sick and tired of the " buck " being passed, and excuses made for all, considering that the rest of the peoples who are not part of the drug war, aren't standing against this type of behavior, which such suggests they condone the actions of the drug cartels. Now I know someone will say, they dont rise up against the cartels in fear for their lives, but there are more people that outnumber the cartels, and if they truly wanted their country back, they could take it. But they don't which further solidifies their own laziness, and expect someone else to give them a handout, and take care of business for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join