It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upclose video of Fukushima Power plant at ground level

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I found this video while on google. It seems someone was taping during all their efforts of cleanup, etc.

www.youtube.com...

This was May 6th
edit on 18-5-2011 by Stringycheeseman because: to add the date

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Watching it now - interesting. Anyone know what that green stuff is they are spraying? Personally I wouldn't trust a company called PutzMeister to repair my nuclear plant

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Looks like one huge mess alright

Can we tell 100% that it IS Fukushima or am I just being suspicious-what with Japans 'ban' on letting info out about the situation
If one or more of the reactors are in meltdown I would have expected more urgency among the workers still there.

I gues my question would be what does a meltdown look like?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by soundofathousandbirds
I gues my question would be what does a meltdown look like?
You have to lower a camera inside the reactor to see it. I don't know if they've done that yet, and even if they tried, the radiation levels may still be too high for the cameras to work. You can't see much in a meltdown except molten material, see 5 minutes in this video for the TMI meltdown:

Here's what the core is supposed to look like before a meltdown (not the same core, but it should give you some idea):

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Great videos! Cheers
I always expected the core to look different!

It just shows that we really need to find better ways to produce energy!

Also-the narrator sounds like 'Q' from Startrek!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stringycheeseman
I found this video while on google. It seems someone was taping during all their efforts of cleanup, etc.
I can figure out what a lot of it is but it would be nice if it was narrated by Arnie Gunderson or something.

For example at around 6:32 there are hundreds of blue containers stacked up and they are moving them around. I don't know what they are for? To hold contaminated material? The bigger containers earlier in the video look like they might be for contaminated water? Just guessing.

top topics

join