It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening your third eye and advanced forms of meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So I have been practiceing circulating chi. I understand how you position your body and where you direct your energy is very important. However I have only read about opening the microcosmic orbit. Confident I have completed the orbit I thought it would be safe to experiment. Last night I put on some music and laid down in bed in a position I discovered that filled me with that pressure/warm sensation that lets me know Im doing something. If you must know I simply cross my legs and put my hands on my heart and direrct the chi through my hands. Dont expect much results without opening the micro cosmic orbit and I understand not doing so is dangerous which is why I'm writing this thread. Last night I suddenly and for whatever reason brought my attention from my chest up to my head and as soon as my full attention was their I spun the chi I had brought their and it collapsed into a vortex and started to just suck enormous amounts of energy into my third eye. Ive never felt so much energy before. Im not entirely sure what I just did. I brought the energy back to my navel afterwards as I have been cautioned to do so. I would like some advice from people with knowledge of advanced forms of meditation to let me know an possible dangers or warning to look for. I know I have experienced an energy block in my back but I dont know what from or what would fix it. Sometimes I think its an energetic attachment and I will charge my hand and grab at it and throw it at the Earth to take care of.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hey matey! I dont have answer to your question since I have just began to practice meditation and stuff, and Im working to achieve an OBE. You seem to be ahead of me so I have a question for you, if I may?
Last night I was trying to get to deep meditation and wanting to get to vibrational state. I got to point where I was very relaxed and started to have a tingling sensation in my arms and lower body, but as usually I fell asleep. However some time passed sleeping and I woke up to find my self in a sleeping paralysis, or thats what i think it was. There is always fear involved when it happens, but i feel like my brain and body is trembling/vibrating inside..so the question is that if I would be able to overcome the fear, would i achieve that vibrational state, could it be related somehow to that "paralysis"? Do you have any experience on OBE? Also I would love to hear more about opening the third eye!

I wish you find the answers you are lookin for and hope that you could perhaps enlighten me a little

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
Hey matey! I dont have answer to your question since I have just began to practice meditation and stuff, and Im working to achieve an OBE. You seem to be ahead of me so I have a question for you, if I may?
Last night I was trying to get to deep meditation and wanting to get to vibrational state. I got to point where I was very relaxed and started to have a tingling sensation in my arms and lower body, but as usually I fell asleep. However some time passed sleeping and I woke up to find my self in a sleeping paralysis, or thats what i think it was. There is always fear involved when it happens, but i feel like my brain and body is trembling/vibrating inside..so the question is that if I would be able to overcome the fear, would i achieve that vibrational state, could it be related somehow to that "paralysis"? Do you have any experience on OBE? Also I would love to hear more about opening the third eye!

I wish you find the answers you are lookin for and hope that you could perhaps enlighten me a little

I dont work on OBE but I do think you were very close with your brain wave pattern being near the right spot if your paralysed. Your problem may be actually waking up instead of reminding yourself your dreaming. When getting to a "vibrational state" as you call it you should be sitting up with feet on ground, hands clasped, and toungue on the roof of your mouth. Circulate energy through the chakras. Then lay down in bed and do your thing. You seem to fall asleep so I would suggest try looking at your hands and feet in your dreams and saying to your self your dreaming. Take control of your dream and call for your spirit guide for help. Just simply yell. You have nothing to fear and just ask your guide for help.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crystalbeing

It took me many years of meditation and almost ten years of intense study of ancient, Far-Eastern religions and practices before I was able to relax enough to open my "Third Eye" at any particular time of day, rather than first thing in the morning as the sun was rising over the lake.
Even now I still prefer that time of day over any other. Not only is it beautiful with the early dawn air filled with the joyous singing of our feathered friends welcoming the new day, it is the time of day when I'm most able to rid my body of the poisons that have accumulated and built up, during the previous twenty four hours. It's a morning ritual practiced by many, and you will find that it won't take long before your body and mind having got used to a specific time, will start reminding you if you happen to be busy doing anything else. The fact that I can now do it at will, at almost any time of day, a wonderful benefit to body and mind!
Everyone has a "third eye", and I am dismayed that it took so long for me to find mine. Surprisingly, mine is located just inside my anal passage, where it allows me to view with two serious eyes, all twenty four hours of life's crap that has just passed. It isn't unusual for me to sit and meditate over it for close to an hour, before flushing out of my mind for good!
Blessings!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Thank you for the tip! I too think that i should have tried to stay in that sleep state and somehow take control of that vibration thing, but i forced myself to open my eyes, because I felt like someone is in the room and it freaked me out. It was very difficult to get my eyes open!
Could you explain a little how to circulate the energy?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The third eye is a very powerful center of energy and energy flow. It's often times associated with the pineal gland in the brain but no physical connection has been made yet. When dealing with the third eye, I suggest taking caution as it can overwhelm someone who is not fully prepared for the openning of it. Take baby steps in the proccess of openning so you can get use to the feel of the energy flow that is associated with the third eye. Each time you try, it opens a little more until it is fully open.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The secret to opening your mind's eye is to turn your mind upon itself. This helps when you think about something bad or awful and then you turn your mind away from this and towards itself. So long as you collect the mind fully in this "turning" you can see the light within. Hopefully this helps, I know it's a bit vague.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior

Thank you for the tip! I too think that i should have tried to stay in that sleep state and somehow take control of that vibration thing, but i forced myself to open my eyes, because I felt like someone is in the room and it freaked me out. It was very difficult to get my eyes open!
Could you explain a little how to circulate the energy?

Interesting as last night I had this happen to me. I was just sleeping, not trying to do anything. When something grabbed me by my leg and picked me up. I was still in a sleep state so I felt like I was temporarily hung upside down and shook. I certainly hope it was a dream. Tonight I will not sleep in that room. If you sense something sinister I suggest maybe lighting a beeswax candle or some sage and cleansing the area. Just a superstition of mine but might calm the nerves. As for circulating chi Ill recommend the book 'Awaken the healing energy through the Tao'.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMessenger1
The third eye is a very powerful center of energy and energy flow. It's often times associated with the pineal gland in the brain but no physical connection has been made yet. When dealing with the third eye, I suggest taking caution as it can overwhelm someone who is not fully prepared for the openning of it. Take baby steps in the proccess of openning so you can get use to the feel of the energy flow that is associated with the third eye. Each time you try, it opens a little more until it is fully open.

It felt incredible and I only did it for a much shorter time once after that. I feel as though something in my head was activated. Right before I went to bed the night I did it heard a strange hum that kept disappearing when I got up. Is that normal?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by crystalbeing
So I have been practiceing circulating chi. I understand how you position your body and where you direct your energy is very important. However I have only read about opening the microcosmic orbit. Confident I have completed the orbit I thought it would be safe to experiment. Last night I put on some music and laid down in bed in a position I discovered that filled me with that pressure/warm sensation that lets me know Im doing something. If you must know I simply cross my legs and put my hands on my heart and direrct the chi through my hands. Dont expect much results without opening the micro cosmic orbit and I understand not doing so is dangerous which is why I'm writing this thread. Last night I suddenly and for whatever reason brought my attention from my chest up to my head and as soon as my full attention was their I spun the chi I had brought their and it collapsed into a vortex and started to just suck enormous amounts of energy into my third eye. Ive never felt so much energy before. Im not entirely sure what I just did. I brought the energy back to my navel afterwards as I have been cautioned to do so. I would like some advice from people with knowledge of advanced forms of meditation to let me know an possible dangers or warning to look for. I know I have experienced an energy block in my back but I dont know what from or what would fix it. Sometimes I think its an energetic attachment and I will charge my hand and grab at it and throw it at the Earth to take care of.

I had my full Kundalini awakening about a year ago. With the energies that are coming in NOW, there are some things that just happen.

I.E. your higher self could be getting impatient with your lower bodies.

A suggestions you might try:

Bringing together in your practice a deep Yin Yoga or Restorative Yoga. During your practice focus on deep diaphramic to chest breaths (wave) that are only through the nasal passage. really focus on the hip openers.

In meditation, step by step bring the energy up from the root and allow each rising chakra to be synchronized and balanced before raising the energy to the next chakra.

Also, you may want to seek out a "good" Reki practitioner.

These are not "to do's", each has their own path. Just things to ponder.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung
edit on 1-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
when trying to feel energy or raise kundalini this has worked for me.
start at your navel bring energy up your spine, roll it over your head down the front of your body, crossing at the naval down your butt, and back of legs, up front of legs , back to the naval. it may make you sick at first i.e.ache and nausea. when you get used to it you'll be able to direct it anywhere.

when working with the third eye.
i like to focus on the colors projected on my eyelids while in meditation. you will watch red go to oarange, orange to yellow, yellow to green, working through the ROY G BIV colors of the rainbow coinciding with each appropriate chakra. as the colors mingle before your closed eyes, focus on the oval in the center. bring it close to you. imagine if you could swim through it.you will be surprised of the results. it has lead me down a worm hole.

i also like to find the "bright spot" in my meditative field. i imagine it is a switch that i can flick off. i go to it and flick it and instant release of energy. try it.
blessings

new topics

top topics

join