It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw III in the sky this morning.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

Thanks for the free diagnosis.

This thread isn't about chem/cons...it's about me seeing III in the sky.

And that argon blaster is what puts the voices in my head....shhhhhhhhh!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

This thread isn't about chem/cons...it's about me seeing III in the sky.

Sorry, I was confused because the III happened to be three contrails. Most likely you're just attributing meaning to these things because that's how our human minds work, we try to attribute meaning to things while also grouping objects/ideas/etc into categories (even if you don't know you're doing it, our brains are very good at recognizing patterns).

Why would contrails that happened to make a III in the sky mean anything?
edit on 5/18/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I gave you a star and a flag just for the Rush!

good job!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Well, they may not mean anything.

This forum (the gray area) allows for a little more personal interpretation, less "facts" so to speak.

Just wanted to share my personal "ah-hah" story.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
reply to post by Signals

Sounds like paranoid schizophrenia to me. Get yourself checked just in case!

Honestly, sometimes three contrails in the sky are just three contrails in the sky (you can even look up online to see which flights left them, PM me your location and the time this occurred and I would be more than happy to do so for you).

People being imaginative is not 'paranoid schizophrenia'. Please stop attempting to diagnose people by internet. If you think a clinician would agree with your assessment, ask them how they feel about remote diagnosis of virtual strangers. If you're truly basing this on your idea of what a professional would think, you have no choice but to also accept what they think about that. Hint: they don't think it should be done.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

reply to post by Signals

Sounds like paranoid schizophrenia to me. Get yourself checked just in case!

Honestly, sometimes three contrails in the sky are just three contrails in the sky (you can even look up online to see which flights left them, PM me your location and the time this occurred and I would be more than happy to do so for you).

People being imaginative is not 'paranoid schizophrenia'. Please stop attempting to diagnose people by internet. If you think a clinician would agree with your assessment, ask them how they feel about remote diagnosis of virtual strangers. If you're truly basing this on your idea of what a professional would think, you have no choice but to also accept what they think about that. Hint: they don't think it should be done.

You're correct about the remote diagnoses, personally I don't feel it is bad to make a suggestion about seeking the advice of a psychiatrist when someone is attributing meaning to contrails in the sky.

Children are imaginative, adults can be as well, however, when an adult starts attaching meaning to random events/occurrences/objects it strongly indicates the possibility of a psychological disorder.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Wow. It looks like Superman circled the earth 3 times right where you were filming!
What a guy!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Its funny that you put this thread up because i was coming back from lunch i noticed that same cloud formation (or whatever the heck that was) by the San Bernardino mountains. I was in the bus facing that way and thought it was kinda weird. Im in downtown Los Angeles by the way !

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I was actually willing to discuss tis with you until I read this;

**obviously this is a contrail, I do not wish to discuss contrail/chemtrail nonsense and won't respond to it**

So your willing to discuss some outlandish theory that these three completely random lines, hold some meaning whether it be to do "rapture" or whatever, yet you aren't willing to discuss the existence of chemtrails, which actually have some (all be it speculatory) science behind it.

Tells me all I need to know about you, I bid you good-day sir.

ALS

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Very interesting! I would place it under the fact that May 21, 2011 is three days away and it's going to be the Rapture. How exciting!

Rejoice, for He is coming

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
That is interesting... While walking my dogs 2 days ago I saw a similar pattern, but it was 4 vertical strikes and a diagonal one. Like a 5 using tally marks:

| | | | /
| | | /
| | / |
| / | |
/ | | |

I didn't take a picture or think "5 of what?!", I just thought it was odd.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Children are imaginative, adults can be as well, however, when an adult starts attaching meaning to random events/occurrences/objects it strongly indicates the possibility of a psychological disorder.

No, it doesn't at all. Central to any diagnosis of a psychological disorder is that the symptoms cause some kind of distress or disruption in a functional way for the person. You can see giant pink bunnies in three-piece suits everywhere you go, but you are not mentally ill unless that bothers you or causes you to bother other people.

Frankly, I also don't think the OP's perspective aligns very closely with an objective, empirical view of reality. But even psychologists -- perhaps especially psychologists -- understand that when people start talking about what they are really thinking, what comes out is generally only fleetingly acquainted with rationality. I guarantee that you have some perceptions or beliefs that could seem just as bizarre if pulled out of the context of your entire life. I'm not trying to hammer on you personally here, but to make a more subtle point about the difference between someone who lives in the mystery and someone who is genuinely ill. It can be a difficult difference to ascertain, but everything about this medium only makes it harder, which is why it's better to just assume you don't have enough information to analyze the poster and stick to deconstructing the post.

Which in this case I have trouble doing myself, because my grasp of chemtrail theory isn't strong enough, but I would start by asking what the purpose of sending this message would be, if it is a message?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Well I didn't see a "II" in the sky this morning...

Don't know if that's good or bad.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
I was actually willing to discuss tis with you until I read this;

**obviously this is a contrail, I do not wish to discuss contrail/chemtrail nonsense and won't respond to it**

So your willing to discuss some outlandish theory that these three completely random lines, hold some meaning whether it be to do "rapture" or whatever, yet you aren't willing to discuss the existence of chemtrails, which actually have some (all be it speculatory) science behind it.

Tells me all I need to know about you, I bid you good-day sir.

ALS

Obviously you have misunderstood the purpose of this forum. It's for personal stories...

If you were really trying to find out about me, you could easily find out my thoughts on chemtrails by looking at my posting history. I didn't want this thread to focus on that.

If I saw Jesus in a piece of toast, and I started a thread about it, including pictures....I probably wouldn't want to discuss whether toast is real, what kind of bread is it, Parkay or butter...
edit on 19-5-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals
[more

If I saw Jesus in a piece of toast, and I started a thread about it, including pictures....I probably wouldn't want to discuss whether toast is real, what kind of bread is it, Parkay or butter...
If you get a piece of Jesus toast, DON'T BUTTER IT! Put it in a ziplock bag with a dessicant packet.... then post it on Ebay!

I still miss Jesus on your avatar.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

maybe just maybe three planes flew by maybe a sign that you live near a flight path mother earth help us

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I've seen these too. I usually means a plane flew by...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join