It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to scour high schools for women astronauts next year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The Chinese government wants to train women to be astronauts and give them a chance to become one. A mission scheduled next year china will send 2 astronauts to space neither of them will be a woman. The first Chinese women in space will be around 2010. The added by saying women are the key to a permanent space station. Duh of course the yare hoe else are you going to have kids up there.

China will start scouring high schools for its potential first woman astronaut next year, following a suggestion from the country's leading women's group, state media said Wednesday.

Huang Chunping, director of China's manned space program carrier rocket system, said they would be looking for candidates "with quality, especially physical qualities".

''They will first be trained in flying aircraft, and then in space flight technology," he was quoted as saying by the People's Daily.

"It is hoped that Chinese women can realize their space dream as soon as possible," he added...

Earlier state-run media reports said China planned to send its first woman into orbit by 2010.

The female astronaut will play a key role in China's plans to establish a permanent manned space station, they added.

China wants women astronauts

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Isnt 2010 the year that China wants to get to the moon? I wonder if China plans to put the first woman on the moon. Bam, Zoom,Straight To The Moon, Alice!

If I am correct none of the Apollo missions had a woman so that would be a first for China if they did it.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
They have a bigger power to weight ratio (they get more power out of less muscle) and use less Oxygen. Basically the only men in space should be to see the effect of zero G on the $%#$ (fill in word for male reproductive organ).

Again the mysogenistic (male centered) world ensures that women can drive the kids to school but not the space shuttle.

OK this has been changing slowly, and the first women are going into space but like I stated earlier the ONLY people in space (for logistcal reasons) should be the womenfolk.

D

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm guessing this may be a program to try to convince a lot of the Chinese people that women can be successful as well and that killing your baby girl isn't the best idea.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
They have a bigger power to weight ratio (they get more power out of less muscle) and use less Oxygen. Basically the only men in space should be to see the effect of zero G on the $%#$ (fill in word for male reproductive organ).

Again the mysogenistic (male centered) world ensures that women can drive the kids to school but not the space shuttle.

OK this has been changing slowly, and the first women are going into space but like I stated earlier the ONLY people in space (for logistcal reasons) should be the womenfolk.

That is as closed minded as saying only men should be in space.You act like you want fair rights for women but then want unequal rights for men. There should not be any one type that gets to go into space.

Also I doubt your power claim. Put a 115 lb male boxer in the ring with a 115 lb female boxer and see who wins. Not like it even matters in a zero g enviroment

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

That is as closed minded as saying only men should be in space.You act like you want fair rights for women but then want unequal rights for men. There should not be any one type that gets to go into space.

Also I doubt your power claim. Put a 115 lb male boxer in the ring with a 115 lb female boxer and see who wins. Not like it even matters in a zero g enviroment

At the moment its a logistics issue! So yes there is a reason to save payload for missions into space!

And the power claim you will see that the women would win if the 115lb were pure muscle, but it isn't now is it?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
First of all the women would get her arse whooped but lets not get into that. There is a bill proposed by congress that would make men and women equal in the US, but that means that there would no longer be separate bathrooms, that both men and women would get drafted foe war, women and men would both have to pay child support not just the man and other things cuz in order to be fair and balanced there can be no segregation. But women only want to good things of the bill not the bad ones which is hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Logistically it is more difficult to put women into space. They consume greater amounts of water, and require modifications to the waste disposal system to allow them to use it. In addition their hair tends to clog air filters and various other things.

To limit space to just women is insane. Men and women have equal right to be in space.

BTW you are aware of the fact that the next shuttle mission is under the command of a woman and that women have been going into space since the 60's, right?

new topics

top topics

join