It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House shuts out Boston Newspaper-too bias: (Obama too thinned skinned)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The White House Press Office has refused to give the Boston Herald full access to President Obama’s Boston fund-raiser today, in e-mails objecting to the newspaper’s front page placement of a Mitt Romney op-ed, saying pool reporters are chosen based on whether they cover the news “fairly.”
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f39bece11483.jpg[/atsimg]

“I tend to consider the degree to which papers have demonstrated to covering the White House regularly and fairly in determining local pool reporters,” White House spokesman Matt Lehrich wrote in response to a Herald request for full access to the presidential visit.

“My point about the op-ed was not that you ran it but that it was the full front page, which excluded any coverage of the visit of a sitting US President to Boston. I think that raises a fair question about whether the paper is unbiased in its coverage of the President’s visits,” Lehrich wrote.

Obama is in town today to raise money for his 2012 re-election campaign. His afternoon speech in the South End’s Cyclorama is open to all media, but only a selected pool can attend other aspects of his fund-raiser. Pool reporters must share all their material with other press. The Herald has been bypassed for pool duty during Obama’s last two visits despite asking the White House to be the local pool reporter.
“Newspapers don’t have to be unbiased to get access. You can’t just let only the newspapers you want in,” said Boston University journalism professor Fred Bayles.

Romney spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom defended Romney’s March 8 opinion piece: “That op-ed was about jobs, which apparently is a sensitive subject for the thin-skinned people around the president. The White House may be able to manipulate pool coverage, but they can’t manipulate the fact that millions of Americans are out of work because of President Obama’s failure to create jobs and get our economy moving,” Fehrnstrom said in a statement yesterday.

Last month, a San Francisco Chronicle editor reported the White House threatened to bar Hearst reporters from pool duty after a Chronicle reporter shot video of protestors mocking Obama at a fund-raiser.

“It’s all about control,” Reynolds said. “At some point this will blow back on them. Most presidents behave in a more refined fashion. Experience has shown that acting presidential is good politics and to their advantage.”

Source: bostonherald.com...

Sounds like the White House is getting a little thinned skinned-and paranoid. What a way to run a House.

Obama is clearly backed up against the wall.

Seriously. Offering Off-Shore drilling!!! The internal DNC polls must show some pretty bad things and thus they are on the defensive.

You know, being the most Open and Transparent administration-Ever.

At least the Media will be able to get close to him-at the Golf Course. That is where Obama will start his 2012 Run:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bc660822c19.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 5/18/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Doesn't surprise me a bit.

I just hope people see this and awaken just a little bit. S&F!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hmm, I'm surprise. I thought the supression of a Free Press in a "Free" Country would bring more replys.

No wonder Obama and Co. are and can get away with so much.

The song "It's the End of the World as We Know It".... keeps on playing through my mind.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The peoples republic of Obamaland doesnt need to inform the filthy masses.
They will tell us what to think and do.
(bow 5 times towards DC)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The lack of response (other than the time of day that you have posted) is proof in my opinion of just how hypnotized the American people are today.

Even the ones who see it are dead inside after seeing our rights trampled over the last hundred or so years.

I don't believe anything will be done about it either.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yeah, it's a chicken feces move on the part of the administration, but nothing new. Every presidency "republican" or "democrat" does this crap.

That said, has Obama set up fenced in "free speech zones" far from the event for protesters?

Not defending Obama, just giving a bit of perspective.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Hmm, I never heard of the Media being barred from a Bush event/speech.

Have anymore info or news links.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

It's literally standard practice. There are X number of spots available for any press availability. Y number of media want to attend. Y is always greater than X, and someone in the administration makes the call. Do you really think the Bush administration was objective? You don't think someone with a liberal bias wasn't shut out in favor of "Jeff Gannon"?

Again, I'm not defending Obama, but to pretend this is even remotely interesting or new is a dishonest game at best.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt
reply to post by anon72

Again, I'm not defending Obama, but to pretend this is even remotely interesting or new is a dishonest game at best.

It's more ironic than anything. The newspaper prints a piece on how the White House refuses to let in anyone with a differing viewpoint...and then the White House refuses to let this newspaper in that has a differing viewpoint!

If it weren't so sad it'd be funny. Or the other way around.

/TOA

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I can see the slogan "Change we can believe in" being used against OBama in the next election cycle. For a President who promised transparency, something tells me he has no idea what that term actually means.

the next elections cant get here fast enough.... He needs to go.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I hear what you are saying but with the current list of Repub canidates-I don't see it happening.

Someone like Palin. Perry from Texas. They wouldn't be afraid to call a Spade a Spade.

join