It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentifiable Animal Found On Highway

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
For people without video:
Full body
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9865c527a1e.png[/atsimg]
A bit higher resolution

Head
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4479023f0151.png[/atsimg]
A bit higher resolution

Legs
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07fab85fba3c.png[/atsimg]
A bit higher resolution

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I call bull%&^* on this one. How is a youtube Moooovie proof of anything.

I mean seriously, wheres the beef!

ALS

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I have no problem seeing that this animal is bovine. It would appear to be a steer. The face that the speaker is trying to point out on the rump of the animal is a smear of excrement. The neck appears to be broken.

The video would be more exciting if the title read "Cow killed..... UFOs at scene!"

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
reply to post by pazcat

LOL cute but bulls don't have udders

Being a farm kid I can say without a doubt....that's a cow.

I don't see the udder. I also don't see another uniquely female part that would be located just below the anus, if this was indeed a cow. I think I see the shrunken remains of a scrotum that would indicate that this is a steer... er... was.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
is this a joke? u tellin me no cryptozooligst can tell that its a cow come on. its a cow case closed and they are stars in the back ground not ufos what a waste of time this was

edit on 18-5-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
nothing to see here, moooooo ve along

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

However the 'structure' of the animal is a little mystifying, according to my local cattle farmer who questions it being a cow or bull !!! Unless he is pulling my leg of course ??

PDUK

Well "structurally" it also looks rather bloated, as if it has been dead a while and is filling up with gasses.

That might explain why your friend is not seeing the structure he/she is accustomed to. Im not even a farmer, just someone who grew up in a rural area, and I think it clearly looks like a bull or cow, which is bloated from the natural process that go on after death.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Maybe this thing was on its way to be butchered for Taco Bell and that is why it cant be identified as a cow

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
Maybe this thing was on its way to be butchered for Taco Bell and that is why it cant be identified as a cow
If this turns out to be the case...

Then we can identify this creature as a 'beefy'. We can only wonder where they get their 'cheese'.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Hmmm...doesn't look all that unusual to me. Maybe if there were a picture of the other end of it. Personally, I think it's just a picture of the rear end of a cow.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

TKDRL posted a clearer picture & I must agree with you. What appears, at first glance, to be an udder is not but I maintain that this critter is bovine....testes or no.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
reply to post by butcherguy

TKDRL posted a clearer picture & I must agree with you. What appears, at first glance, to be an udder is not but I maintain that this critter is bovine....testes or no.
Agreed, definitely bovine.
I think one of the front hooves may be visible between the back legs.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ok, I grew up with cows and since I retired from the Army I have a dairy operation.

You can see several bovine characteristics in the photo. The front hoof is like that of a cow. The back hooves are cut out of the photo.

I agree the hide is strange but my guess would be that this is a light colored cow with a mange or skin infection. Likely a my guess as to the likely breed would be Charolais because of the sculpted nature of the muscles. They have small heads in proportion to their bulky bodies as opposed to say a Holstien that has a really big head. The ears are smaller on the Charolais as well. Here is a photo of one look how small the head and ears are in relation to the body.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86f7b343b64f.jpg[/atsimg]

The cow also likey has mange since the skin appears to be thick and chaffed in some parts; however, it could be simple rain rot and matting on a Champaign colored cow. If it had mange the farmer might want to get rid of it instead of reporting it to the Ag authorities as they would isolate and likely manged kill some of his herd.

Here is an article on Mange in cattle in England. veterinaryrecord.bmj.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Psoroptic mange in cattle confirmed in England

Psoroptic mange is a severe skin disease in cattle, caused by a mite indistinguishable from Psoroptes ovis (the cause of sheep scab), which has proved difficult to treat in the outbreaks seen in Wales. It causes severe dermatitis with scab formation primarily along the back and over the shoulders, but other areas can be affected.

Here is a photo of rain rot.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2083e6cd2741.jpg[/atsimg]

I am certainly no expert – but I have some knowledge of cattle. Take it for what it’s worth and hope it helps some.

edit on 18/5/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I think it looks like a Charolais, the way that it's built. I have experience with Charolais as we raised 15/16 Charolais 1/16 Hereford crossbred cattle for our own meat when I was a child. Purebred Charolais tend to be jumpers (as in fences) and slightly tough to chew. The 1/16 Hereford takes that out of them.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Golf66

I think it looks like a Charolais, the way that it's built. I have experience with Charolais as we raised 15/16 Charolais 1/16 Hereford crossbred cattle for our own meat when I was a child. Purebred Charolais tend to be jumpers (as in fences) and slightly tough to chew. The 1/16 Hereford takes that out of them.

Cool, good to have some concurrence - thanks!

Again, certainly not a meat breed expert having a dairy but I go to enough shows and auctions to know a Charolais when I see one - even in this dead and partial view.

I raise a couple of Angus steer a year just for the farm and my extended family they are not really good with respecting the fence if you know what I mean. Funny that 3 out of 5 of the 911 calls I hear on the police scanner in the county are animal escape related rather than crime or accidents.

My Holsteins are very food motivated and come to the barn on their own every day at milk time I know if they get out they will be back at 6 and 1800.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join