It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing! The Worlds First 111 Gigapixel Image!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Completely AMAZING. S&F.

And yeah, I tried finding the topless chick too, lol, but gave up after 15 minutes.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Very cool picture, I played with it for a while.
I found a spot that looks like it's been doctored up for some reason. Find this building off to the right of the picture,
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8eed21e8427.jpg[/atsimg]
and look for this spot here...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb91f1aa7ee1.jpg[/atsimg]
What do you think?
edit on 28-5-2011 by Scorpitarius because: to fix pics

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorpitarius

Remember, this image consists of 1,665 full format pictures 'stitched' together. The area you pointed to would be one of the joints.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinist47
Now Big Brother will really be watching you.
Its only going to get worse!

That's what I was thinking. What a nice toy for the ubber rich. Wonder what percentage will use it with malicious intent? (Sarcastic question)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I think you are referring to "Vertical Banding" where variations in exposure when the photos were taken. when you take a panoramic image you need to set the camera to manual. If left in Auto then the Aperture and Shutter changes per image so over 1000 + images you will get problems.

Originally posted by Scorpitarius

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb91f1aa7ee1.jpg[/atsimg]
What do you think?
edit on 28-5-2011 by Scorpitarius because: to fix pics

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
amazing....WELCOME TO THE FUTURE!

i find myself lost in this city. not to mention i keep zooming in to what i think are ufo but rather smudges on my screen. damn its dirty =]

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

That was incredible, thanks for this. Now if they'd apply this technique to film, we may finally see the lamination material that is preventing Al Pacino from aging for the last 2 decades.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I've found something which resembles a "flying rod".

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Wow that's pretty impressive it's crazy just how far technology has advanced and seems to continue to do so each week you've got something that is 10X better than it was the week before.

Great find!
~CJ

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntoniusBlock
I've found something which resembles a "flying rod".

Could it be an antenna of some sort???

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Can you not edit the OP so the number of idiotic super tech/camera posts stop as they cant be bothered to read the links on how it is done!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
My question is simple. Where are all the aliens and alien spacecraft that are supposed to be flying around? Other than that, beautiful picture.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Does anyone know what are those structeres for? They're quite big, about 30 metres or so:

imageshack.us...

sorry for exteranal link, we're here guesiing and looking but some urgent help would be useful

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
wow howmuch will these cameras cost? i cant see anyone taking a pic of a ufo, ghost or monster without getting a good pic of it (if they actualy exist lol)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
cool its a big wheres waldo pic

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That's amazing! The next rover they send up to Mars or the Moon with this camera equipped, I'm sure if they find anything, they still won't reveal it the public, because our government is just oh so great..

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetaryDuality
That's amazing! The next rover they send up to Mars or the Moon with this camera equipped, I'm sure if they find anything, they still won't reveal it the public, because our government is just oh so great..

Thats the trouble when people like YOU jump to conclusions its not ONE picture, I suggest you read how it's done before you spout your BS!

Done using a Canon DSLR on a special tripod 100+ pictures stitched together

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I never said it was one picture. Let me rephrase my statement. If a rover had the camera equipped, and managed to rest on top of a large mountain on Mars, we could eventually map the surface in high detail.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This was such a great thread.

amazing ...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Welcome to the future!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join