Amazing! The Worlds First 111 Gigapixel Image!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by theALW
Don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but www.gigapan.org is a fun website with similar pictures.
edit on 19-5-2011 by theALW because: (no reason given)

yep...I posted a thread with this pic a couple of years ago

gigapan....Obama

try and spot Obi-Wan Kenobi

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Here's #3, not quite as bad at least he's living out of an Opel, has a nice shade tree and even a TV! That's my kinda bum.

Good to know that "the king" is just as creepy in Spain.

Another example of there crafty little embedded advertisement links.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This site should be called a paranoia site and not a conspiracy site looking at some of the posts re this picture.I know you posted a link to how it was done in the op OrionHunterx but you should have cut and pasted this in as well.

The picture was made with the Canon 5D mark II and a 400mm-lens.
It consists of 1,665 full format pictures with 21.4 mega pixel, which was recorded by a photo-robot in 172 minutes Then converting of 102 GB raw Data by a computer with a main memory cache of 48 GB and 16 processors took 94 hours.

See folks not some super spy technology not some super advanced camera as some have claimed, yes folks its a Canon DSLR with a telephoto lens on a high tech tripod THATS ALL.

This is just a huge panoramic picture but instead of just in the horizontal direction its also on the vertical that also explains some of the strange mis matches at the border of 2 images like the half cars etc.

Oh and for some who post here Google earth uses satellite images , images taken from aircraft , and of course streetview from cars and bikes.The government didn't send up spy satellites to photograph your house in close up and post on google earth as some seem to think.

See its plain and simple if you read links or KNOW how its done!!

It is a great image but its not what some think it is!

See my sig for some good advice.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I want my money back from NASA. WTF are they spending BILLIONS on? This camera is obviously in the hands of someone private yeah? It couldn't have cost more than a million bucks. These should be on EVERY rover we send up!

I wonder if it could take a picture of the moons surface for us? :-)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Read the post above YOURS DOH!
edit on 20-5-2011 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassHero

Haha!
I was about to post that one myself, I was like 'oh wow bad time to check for crabs dude'

edit on 5/20/2011 by martianmallow because: extra cheese
edit on 5/20/2011 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hi ALL

Have a look here.

vimeo.com...

All you need and a really good computer.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Amazing technology, I can't wait to see where this goes

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Don't be out walking around with your pecker out. This is some serious big brother # right here

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by canuckster
Don't be out walking around with your pecker out. This is some serious big brother # right here

No its not
have you seen how it is done!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

This is pretty cool but did anyone notice the warping of the images when you zoom in? If you zoom in on the round-about on the right side just past the construction site, you will see two cars with a male walking toward the bridge. The car has legs... In fact if you scan to the right there are cars coming out from behind a street pole. Still cool, but freaky...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I'm glad someone else is familiar with this "technology". It's nothing new and I've known of Gigapan since they started selling the machines. Like I said in an earlier post in this thread, it boggles my mind as to what most people think took these photos.

The OP really should update the thread with your input as to not cause any more "big brother" histeria relating to panorama photography. Also, this technology IS in space. The Hubble does the same thing by taking a bunch of pictures and then stitching them together. Other satellites can't do this because it requires staying still, otherwise the composition would be all eff'd up and full of "anomalies" for you to pick at.
edit on 20-5-2011 by grrrrt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
When I found this thread about an hour ago, I thought it was the coolest thing I've seen in awhile.
Now, I'm shocking myself with how much time I can spend peering in on other people's frozen lives.

Great find!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Awesome post dude. That picture is freaking sweet! I love how detailed it is. I agree that we need to be using this for our space missions so we can truly map the planets.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
As I went through my daily routine today, I thought about this topic a bit and wondered, what would a still life photo look like. I mean if this can zoom in so feircley from afar, can it zoom in that much on, say a honeybee? What about a sunflower? A pretty face? What would show up?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is done with a product called GIGAPAN
www.gigapan.org...

It is about 5 years old technology, but had now only just made one for DSLR cameras.
The main problem that they had was to push the aperture right open to make no DoF depth of field.
Was only compatible with Canon G-series cameras, but for any photographer $300-800 usd would be a lot of fun

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

I just wanted to say; What the hell is a gigapixel????

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

a gigapixel (1 billion pixels) contains 1000 times the information of a megapixel... a mega pixel is 1 million pixels (I think lol) and in a "real image", one pixel has 24 bits per pixel...

Now the question you should have made is: what is a pixel. Well... its the smallest single point on a digital image.

Next Lesson: Texels, surfels, luxels voxels and resels! Stay tuned!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lavenlaar
This is done with a product called GIGAPAN
www.gigapan.org...

It is about 5 years old technology, but had now only just made one for DSLR cameras.
The main problem that they had was to push the aperture right open to make no DoF depth of field.
Was only compatible with Canon G-series cameras, but for any photographer $300-800 usd would be a lot of fun

this a few posts above yours

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by grrrrt
reply to post by wmd_2008

I'm glad someone else is familiar with this "technology". It's nothing new and I've known of Gigapan since they started selling the machines. Like I said in an earlier post in this thread, it boggles my mind as to what most people think took these photos.

The OP really should update the thread with your input as to not cause any more "big brother" histeria relating to panorama photography. Also, this technology IS in space. The Hubble does the same thing by taking a bunch of pictures and then stitching them together. Other satellites can't do this because it requires staying still, otherwise the composition would be all eff'd up and full of "anomalies" for you to pick at.
edit on 20-5-2011 by grrrrt because: (no reason given)

Thats the problem with ALL conspiracy sites the real explanation is usually to mundane for the members so they try to make it more exciting and sinister

Most of them have NOT got a clue what they are talking about but its entertaining up to a point so OrionHunterx update the op!!!!!! to stop all the stupid big brother posts etc..

new topics
top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join