It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your verdict on ATS chat... Please HELP!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Gday ATS
I was just after a bit of feedback from the members who have access to ATS chat. Is it just a standard online chat service or are ATS topics discussed in more detail than what the threads offer? I would appreciate any information you guys n gals can provide and hope this thread gets a few replies and a decent conversation going so I can boost my post count and hit the chat rooms with you all.

Many thanks ATS
edit on 18/5/2011 by TOMFROMOZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TOMFROMOZ

Well chat is a more light hearted affair, for members to get to know each other a bit better.

However, there is a seperate room for serious discussion, if you are so inclined.

Look forward to seeing you in chat soon..

VVv

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

If you are interested in seeing what chat is about, you can use the chat voyeur function in the ATS ribbon bar at the bottom of the screen. Try it out.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Ok cool so there is more than one room. Would be good to get to know some of you a bit better as i dont regularly reply in threads although i enjoy reading them. Thanks for your input catch ya in the rooms in the not too distant future

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I gave it a go but the link didnt work
Is that some sort of window where i can observe but not reply??

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

That is correct. You do not need 200 posts in order to use chat voyeur feature.

Try again.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Thanks for the tip! Ill give it a go in a sec.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Ok ive tried a few times now. When i click it opens a new window with a blank grey screen. Any ideas?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

What web browser are you using? ATS chat doesn't seem to work with Firefox for some reason.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

You got me excited then as i was using firefox. I gave it a go in ie but unfortunately same thing again. Error loading page! i clicked the little error icon at the bottom then clicked details and apparently Access denied! What gives ATS?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Any chance theres a moderator nearby? If so could you jump on board and give me some advice. Cheers!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
it works in firefox you just have to load the voyuer first for some reason. soon as it loads just exit out and click the chat link again.

sometimes it takes a minute

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
ive been looking forward to trying out ats chat also getting close to the 200 post my self well good luck on getting 200 post ill see u in ats chats soon im sure

edit on 18-5-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

youre almost there i guess ill be seein ya soon

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
For some unknown reason, it works for most people, but not for everyone. I've tried 3 different browsers on 2 different laptops - both have 3 browsers on them. I took off all firewall and virus protection, added ats to allowed sites, disabled popup blockers..........etc etc etc....

Access denied is the only message that clearly states what's going on with mine, others have experienced the same thing too.

Good luck though, some people do get it working even after troubles at first.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Thanks for your reply. Atleast now I know it's not just me and my lack of computer knowledge. Hopefully one day we both succeed and I'll catch ya in the rooms.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You are really gonna give up that easily??????

NOOOOOOO!

Try again. Sometimes you must open teh chat, and if it doesn't work, close it and try again.

Another thing u can try is right click the chat and open in either new window or new tab.

Don't give up.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Lol lovin the enthusiasm! I'm not giving up just yet and I have tried opening in a new tab/ window but when I right click them options aren't available
I'm a bit busy atm but will try the voyeur later tonight. Worse case I'll wait till my 200 post count then I'll try till it works that's a promise. Anywho thanks for your encouragement and desire to help...
Star for you

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Tom, chat doesn't work for me with Firefox no matter what I try, so I just use Internet Explorer and it works perfectly.....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

G'day skip thanks for your input! I gave it a go on Internet explorer also and got the same result... Blank grey screen. I also tried safari to no avail. I'm not too fussed if voyeur chat doesn't happen for me but once I get my post double century up, hopefully I have a win. Still, would be nice to have a peek before hand!
Thanks again Skippy...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join