It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Live on CNN UFO!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by siren8
Well, as far away as it was it must have been pretty big. Not a hand tool. It could have been a pack and the two round arms would have been the straps to tie it on the body. But to have lost a pack? The guys doing the video would have known if an astronaut had to take off a pack for some reason. Certainly they would know if it had been lost.

I agree it seems strange that the people taking the video had no idea what it was. Do they not have to hang up thier equipment when they come back inside? Someone lost a whole piece of a government uniform and didn't notice? I agree that seems odd because those suits are probably made to fit. If someone lost a whole pack surely they would have been like, "darn I lost my pack". That space staion is not big enough for people to really avoid each other, unless they work whole different shifts,

That is the most likely scenario. The guy on first shift lost something and no one told the next shift. That kind of stuff happens in a work place all the time.

I agree - but this isn't a standard work place and every tool in their pocession would be worth a whole lot of money and more importantly would be vital for many tasks. I just can't accept that it would not have been commented on.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

Originally posted by siren8
Well, as far away as it was it must have been pretty big. Not a hand tool. It could have been a pack and the two round arms would have been the straps to tie it on the body. But to have lost a pack? The guys doing the video would have known if an astronaut had to take off a pack for some reason. Certainly they would know if it had been lost.

I agree it seems strange that the people taking the video had no idea what it was. Do they not have to hang up thier equipment when they come back inside? Someone lost a whole piece of a government uniform and didn't notice? I agree that seems odd because those suits are probably made to fit. If someone lost a whole pack surely they would have been like, "darn I lost my pack". That space staion is not big enough for people to really avoid each other, unless they work whole different shifts,

That is the most likely scenario. The guy on first shift lost something and no one told the next shift. That kind of stuff happens in a work place all the time.

I agree - but this isn't a standard work place and every tool in their pocession would be worth a whole lot of money and more importantly would be vital for many tasks. I just can't accept that it would not have been commented on.

When I say commented on - I mean by the astronaut - who appears to be getting on with the task in hand.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I've seen this before, quite a while back.

I think it turned out to be a piece of equipment the astronauts didn't know they had dropped.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

but this isn't a standard work place and every tool in their pocession would be worth a whole lot of money and more importantly would be vital for many tasks.

I will concur that everything involved in working in space and the work that goes into it is detailed down to the finest lists of making sure everything goes off without a hitch. However, it is no secret that this industry has not had it's fair share of blunders and that's just the ones that have been made public. A tool bag inadvertently becoming dislodged from an astronaut or a safety hook is not too improbable of a scenario.

Occam's Razor if you will.
edit on 5/18/2011 by UberL33t because:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Since there's a spacewalk going on -- note somebody's legs -- and there hasn't been one for weeks, it's not a current view.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

The frustrating bit is -they don't put up Part 2.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Since there's a spacewalk going on -- note somebody's legs -- and there hasn't been one for weeks, it's not a current view.

So when did this happen - we need to prove it!

As far as we know they could be having 'rock and bloody roll parties with the Aliens' - they could be doing anything up there! Let's face it - WHAT ARE THEY DOING UP THERE?

edit on 18-5-2011 by Seekeye2 because: Additional comments

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

It's kind of like watching the show Cops...like "well what happened after?" ...I know what you mean

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This is a re post of an older video.
This occurred during the space walk on July 27th, 2010

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I do not have a clue what this is, nor am I speculating what it is, but it is something.
Something else, aside from the original whatever.

Full Screen; 720P; Cropped Bottom Left Corner; Re-Sized smaller.

Around 40 seconds, the camera rotates to the right. Then the camera starts turning upwards.

As the camera view is angling up, you can see this object enter the screen from what appears to be the left. Does not appear to actually be floating away from the camera, but more perpendicular. Camera keeps going, so this object is only visible for a couple seconds.

What is it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3e83e217a75.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

edit on 5/18/11 by BrokenCircles because: Right, not Left.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The object looks to be a cable attachment fixture lost by the Cosmonauts

Despite Losing Tools, Cosmonauts Complete Spacewalk

www.space.com...

The spacewalkers were en route to a work site on the station's Zvezda module, carrying reels of cables they planned to wire up to the station's Rassvet (Russian for "Dawn") research room. The cosmonauts speculated that the lost item was a tool to secure the cables in place once they are installed. If so, the loss isn't serious. "All right, very good, we're probably going to be using wire anyway to attach," a spacewalker said. About an hour later, another unidentified item accidentally floated off into space. This small object appeared to be a washer.

edit on 18-5-2011 by gortex because: ETA

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

This is a very interesting story, and no offense, but more likely to be taken as an actual UFO story than the tool floating around in space..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Yes...if you watch, part of it moves as if it's a strap of some kind. The astronauts didn't sound alarmed as in "OMG UFO!"...more like "Oh crap, something came off"......it's just some kind of equipment that got away from them or a part, and they are trying to determine what it is.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
doesnt look like a space craft to me for sure looks like a piece of the space station flew off and i bet they were worried it was an important part they needed

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
So do we simply ignore the comments made?

What I heard was someone excitedly asking what the heck they had just lost. They're working and something broke loose, this is outer space so they can't just walk over and grab it and bring it back. Once it gets farther than arm's length it is as good as gone. The astronaut realizes this and is asking the control center what the heck he just lost, he wants to know if it is some critical component and he wants them to identify it before it gets too far away to be picked up by the camera.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Just looking at it with the naked eye it looks to me like some kinda space junk.......possibly from one of the shuttles? It didn't move in any kind of intelligent way to speak of so I wouldn't be alarmed by it. IMHO

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

One of the kooky galactic federation channelers said this final mission was going to include official contact. Can't remember where I saw it. I dismiss channelers out of hand but the prediction stuck in my head. I had forgotten it till now

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The object looks fake to me, the lighting is very different and it seems almost 3D

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial

Most likel space-junk, something they've dropped or a hoax/faked video. Would be primo if it's something extra-terestrial though, especially on the very last shuttle mission.

It was only the last mission for Endeavor. Enterprise still has one more mission sometime in July I think.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

WHAT ARE THEY DOING UP THERE?
They are throwing water balloons out the windows to see if they can hit anyone below!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join