It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media manipulators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
hi, im struggling now to trust anything i see on tv or read in news papers on on the net, everything is always bais and put into the media to scare or throw us off the truth, be it for political gain or to keep us in the dark.

we all know it happens but who can we trust?

en.wikipedia.org...

this is the most recent incident that has finished what ever trust or belief i had in media.

is it fake? is it real? is obl dead or is he alive i dont know....

blogs.reuters.com...

even when it comes to the interviewees they have on news show how do we know they are who they tell us they are??

stick a white jacket on an actor put him in live news to tell us cancer is cured and we lap it up,

does anyone know or have an un bias news outlet that i can trust to deliver live news without the bs?
or are we doomed to be ruled by lies forever??

thanks

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wedidgothacked

I've been really interested in this topic as of late, and there are definitely some indy media sites and blogs to follow; some of them however are just as bad for propagating fear and dis-info to slant in favour of their advertisers. Thats kind of what it boils down to, who ever is paying the wages. Canada and the BBC have broadcasting and journalism laws in place that prohibit libel and slander, not being able to lie... and Harper is now fighting to remove those laws, as well as make it illegal to hyperlink to a page that has info on corruption even it is true. vancouver.mediacoop.ca...

America has no such laws in place. So become media literate and really scrutinize what is being delivered to you and by who. If it is owned by the people chances are it will be for the people. www.indymedia.org.uk...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Palpatine

thank you for the info

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wedidgothacked

I just remembered I wrote this reply to someone a while back.

thoughts on media
What are the major news networks providing?

PROPAGANDA
why use propaganda?
SHOCK and AWA

Niomi Klein - Shock Doctrine

Neither am I left nor right leaning politically.

Not trying to answer all the questions of the universe; merely understanding how people can be entertained by inferior media.

At the moment, as a media student, I am very interested in unbiased impartial journalism, which Canada has been fairly decent at providing, thanks to our British roots. BBC

Reading and thinking critical comes at some effort but who knows maybe just listing to a bunch of talking heads pushing their agenda is just as an effective use of your time.

Major news outlets like fox news north, the one in question, is a form of propaganda. Canadian government, and many others use this form of media to sway the general public's opinion on matters that are relevant to them.

Keeping people fearful is one way, that is why most news is bad news.

Major disasters, celebrity scandals, petty crime, murders, car accidents, reality shows, game shows, sports entertainment, war, weather,...

The media will focus on those issues as the government quickly passes new bills in the house of commons, which benefit their corporate interest.

In Canada the government in power attempted to strike a law that inhibits news outlets from distributing lies.

America has no such law, that is why Fox New can broadcast the things they do.

SCREENSHOT FROM FOX NEW

This is not a dialog, this is how things are; entertaining to say the least.

RAP NEWS? - i think the'll be a new one out today
Here's another side to listen to.

new topics

top topics

join