It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobbits That Changed History...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hmmm! Maybe the story of Bilbo wasn't so far fetched after all? It appears hobbits were indeed real. They may have even lived along side of us for a whopping 30,000 years. This is changing minds all over the globe as far as our own history is concerned. Sorry if this has been posted before but I just caught it on the front page of the National Geographic video section and this appears to be a new video on the subject.

In an extraordinary discovery, scientists find prehistoric evidence of a new human species on a remote Indonesian island.

Na tional Geographic link with video.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
that video is only available for the US :/

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
WOW. This is exciting and incredible. Serious archeology. I'm amazed by this. 1 meter tall humans! These are dwarfs, these must be the dwarfs,the tiny people in all ancient accounts.

This one of the more interesting discoveries ever. Incredible

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Indeed interesting. It's always fascinating to find new branches off of our evolutionary tree.
But, this subject has already been covered, a couple of times.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-5-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
damn...who woulda funk it. Imagine living among a million danny de vitos...awesome....but wasn't the average height of humans not more than thousand years ago significantly shorter anyway?...hmm

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So The Shire was in Indonesia....

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
damn...who woulda funk it. Imagine living among a million danny de vitos...awesome....but wasn't the average height of humans not more than thousand years ago significantly shorter anyway?...hmm

Not really. They were around my height (5'2") -- small, but not incredibly tiny.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by dude69

Not really. They were around my height (5'2") -- small, but not incredibly tiny.

I thought they were in the 3'6" to 3'7" category as per this National Geo linky and this guy here.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Byrd was saying the average height of some of the first behaviorally modern humans. Not Homo Floresiensis, which this video is about.

This isn't a new discovery by any means, they were found in caves on the island of Flores a few years back (something wants me to say 2004). Up until recently it was heavily debated whether the people that inhabited the island of Flores were pygmy humans, disordered in some way humans, or an entirely new species. They were mostly confirmed (I hate to say confirmed when it comes to science and anthropology) to be a separate species last year I believe, which would mean they weren't tiny Homo Sapiens, just another Homo species, like Neandertals, Erectus, Ergastor, etc.

new topics

top topics

join