It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 Proven Conspiracies..

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
All thirty three of these started, as most do, being secretive conspiracy theories that many doubted and only a handful believed to be true.

I can't speak for others but I know that at times it may be discouraging to be in community that is reviled by the large majority.

We are not crazy, we are watchers..
This article is proof that without our watchful eyes the leader of the world would abuse their power without remorse or ramification.

1. The Dreyfus Affair:

In the late 1800s in France, Jewish artillery officer Alfred Dreyfus was wrongfully convicted of treason based on false government documents, and sentenced to life in prison. The French government did attempt to cover this up, but Dreyfus was eventually pardoned after the affair was made public (an act that is credited to writer Émile Zola).

4. Operation Mockingbird:

Also in the 1950s to '70s, the CIA paid a number of well-known domestic and foreign journalists (from big-name media outlets like Time, The Washington Post, The New York Times, CBS and others) to publish CIA propaganda.

9. Operation Northwoods:

In the early 1960s, American military leaders drafted plans to create public support for a war against Cuba, to oust Fidel Castro from power. The plans included committing acts of terrorism in U.S. cities, killing innocent people and U.S. soldiers, blowing up a U.S. ship, assassinating Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees, and hijacking planes.

11. Counter Intelligence Programs Against Activists in the 60s:

COINTELPRO (an acronym for Counter Intelligence Program) was a series of covert, and often illegal, projects conducted by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) aimed at investigating and disrupting dissident political organizations within the United States. The FBI used covert operations from its inception, however formal COINTELPRO operations took place between 1956 and 1971. The FBI's stated motivation at the time was "protecting national security, preventing violence, and maintaining the existing social and political order.

Just a very very small selection of the conspiracies and the information to prove them. I have highlighted the parts that I felt we can really see the true intentions of those in power.. They do not want any threat to their power.

It's a very interesting article, which has helped to reinvigorate my passion for the truth.

Here is the article...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

Really great article and yep, proof positive that when something doesn't smell right, you need to trust your gut and follow the trail. S&F for you on this one!! :up

Timidgal

P.S. Let them call us crazy all they want - I just refer to it as being eccentrically observant!!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Eccentrically Observant! I will have to remember that one..
Indeed following ones instincts will protect us from being taken advantage of, if only we could get through to those who don't listen to any sort of instinctual red alert.
Alas that is an issue in and of itself..

Thank you for you response!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

The problem is it's getting harder to prove a conspiracy with all the secrecy laws the Government is passing..

Forget Obama's pledge of transparency..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Very nice of you to bring this here, I'll take a look at the full article in a moment but I really liked where you said "reinvigorate my passion for the truth"!

I think a lot of people have somewhat lost this passion because of all the complete BS and mis/dis-info around these days they have just lost that passion for the truth, and hopefully this reinvigorates others passions too! SNF

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

It's an excellent read, that's for sure.

What strikes me as funny, NOT, is that these are the known and proven conspiracies.

The idea that only the "known" ones are for real and all others are pure "tin-foil hat" strikes me as ludicrous.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
From what I read of it, the list seems fairly balanced. There are some instances of leaping to conclusions, though. For instance, from a historical perspective, I agree with this part...

30. The Illuminati:

The Order of the Illuminati was an Enlightenment-age secret society founded on May 1st, 1776, in Ingolstadt (Upper Bavaria), by Adam Weishaupt, who was the first lay professor of canon law at the University of Ingolstadt. The movement consisted of freethinkers, secularists, liberals, republicans and pro-feminists, recruited in the Masonic Lodges of Germany, who sought to promote perfectionism through mystery schools. As a result, in 1785, the order was infiltrated, broken and suppressed by the government agents of Charles Theodore, Elector of Bavaria, in his campaign to neutralize the threat of secret societies ever becoming hotbeds of conspiracies to overthrow the monarchy and state religion. In the late 18th century, reactionary conspiracy theorists, such as Scottish physicist John Robison and French Jesuit priest Augustin Barruel, began speculating that the Illuminati survived their suppression and became the masterminds behind the French Revolution and the Reign of Terror.

The Illuminati were accused of being enlightened absolutists who were attempting to secretly orchestrate a world revolution in order to globalize the most radical ideals of the Enlightenment: anti-clericalism, anti-monarchism, and anti-patriarchalism. During the 19th century, fear of an Illuminati conspiracy was a real concern of European ruling classes, and their oppressive reactions to this unfounded fear provoked in 1848 the very revolutions they sought to prevent.
But then he goes on to write

Although many say that the Illuminati was disbanded and destroyedso long ago, it is well known that the Rothschild dynasty following the family's involvement in the secret order in Bavaria received much attention for its major takeover of Europe's central banks.The Rothschild dynasty owns roughly half of the world's wealth and evidence suggests it has funded both sides of major wars, including the United States Civil War.
Which doesn't follow logically at all.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I also noticed this problematic approach on a couple, yet it is still an impressive collection.
The list doesn't end with these 33 either there are hundreds of conspiracies that have been proven even accepted by mainstream society.
I took the point of the article as, keep your eyes open otherwise situations like these... could go unnoticed.

Hessling-
That is what frustrates me the most with mainstream society, their apparent lack of integrity. They will accept the fact that major conspiracies have been proven yet they are so willing to take Official BS at face value without question.

Baguette-
Which brings me to what you've pointed out. It is because they are so willing to accept the official version of the story without any question that the conspirators continue to get away with their shady deals.
So how would we go about bringing the majority to realize that their apathy is doing them in?

BackinBlack-
This brings me to your point about transparency, your correct it is harder to prove the BS from the truth especially when the majority doesn't want to hear the truth. So I can only assume the best course of action for all of us to take is to stand up for what is right and good in the world. As corny as that sounds that is all we can do being in a small minority.
At least thats they way I see it, there may be a better way to sway the minds of mainstreamers and I am just unaware of what that way is.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Theres no doubt in my mind that the U.S.S Cole incident was Northwoods 2. What sick and twisted freak would kill their own people?? oh yeah...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
Theres no doubt in my mind that the U.S.S Cole incident was Northwoods 2. What sick and twisted freak would kill their own people?? oh yeah...

Those who see Their "own people" as the elite only. Those who see most Humans as being NOT Their "own people."

Those who believe They are "better" than people They should be serving.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Ive met an awful lot of people in my life who still refuse to believe many of these things ever happened or that they were all just fictional TV shows or something.

Most people are just so painfully oblivious to their surroundings. It drives me nuts.

How can people not know things? When I hear about a thing I dive head first pulling and picking and building to know all I can. Whether it's electronics, astronomy, history, mechanics, cooking, anything at all.

It's like everybody around me has absolutely no concern or interest in anything at all. It's all of them. Peers, elders and juniors.

There has to be some physiological difference. It's like they're a different species or something.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
There has to be some physiological difference. It's like they're a different species or something.

Careful. the 'lowers' are not supposed to know.

Their job is to grow wool.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The FBI's stated motivation at the time was "protecting national security, preventing violence, and maintaining the existing social and political order.

Maintaining the existing social and political order....

So we are not allowed to change our social status or political system? I'm not talking about violence, but the way stated hear implies just thinking about changes (improvements) and trying to spread the word about it makes you a danger to the existing powers.

Sounds like a real democracy.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ok, so you are saying the recent treads on : "How the illimunati should be forgiven" and "stop thinking about conspiration because none of them exist", they are not good information?!

Just when I was about to leave ATS and go back do being a blind dumbass that forgives the worst sins, you bring us this evidence!! ^^

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Nice collection. Thanks.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It's just that it's easier to live without thinking about those things.People don't want to know,people want to be "protected",they want others to take care of everything,they want their side to be the "good guys",they want to be told what's good and what's not.They want everything that will make their life easier and simpler.This only changes when one of them,personally,faces the true side of things which is pretty ugly.

Now before anyone stars my post and be all like "right on" etc...most ATSers are no better.Go ahead,sit on your butt and wait for the aliens/good leaders/Gods/mutation/spiritualism/Anonymous to save you and all you'll ever achieve is to die waiting.

Btw,good thread OP.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Oceanborn because: To add something.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Oceanborn because: To correct something (it's not my day)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So the OP is banned but the ATS mods want us to know they applaud free speech. Ha! Good job allowing the free flow of ideas between peers.

ETA: I see the mod tag says Free speech is not a license to libel others. I believe libel requires proof so if there is proof great, let us see it for ourselves and make up our own minds instead of censoring like the Feds would rather do.
edit on 8/1/12 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join