It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Book about Area 51 coming out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Exclusive: Inside Area 51, the Secret Birthplace of the U2 Spy Plane

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

In her new book "AREA 51: An Uncensored History of America’s Top Secret Military Base," which goes on sale May 17, Annie Jacobsen offers for the first time an inside look at the history of America's top secret military base. It is the first book based on interviews with the scientist, pilots, and engineers -- 74 in total -- who for the first time reveal what really went on in the Nevada desert, from testing nuclear reactions to building super-secret supersonic jets to pursuing the war on terror.
Jacobsen, a contributing editor and investigative reporter at the Los Angeles Times Magazine, interviewed the former Area 51 employees in 2008 and 2009, shortly after the CIA declassified much of the work they had done, including countless pages of redacted memos and declassified reports. Area 51 is still officially a military secret, unmentioned by name, Jacobsen notes.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Sorry, here the link to her website:

www.area51thebook.com...

edit on 17-5-2011 by matadoor because: Forgot a link

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

There is already another thread about this Annie Jacobson

ATS Thread

Wild new claims to sell a book

but less believable for many reasons

than the original story [ not the weather balloon one]

The Military Press release that was then retracted [ that one]

okay this is some info on this chiq
Annie Jacobsen | LinkedIn

Her Blog

whatever

edit on 5/17/2011 by spoonbender because: did some diggin

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'd really like to "hear" what ATS'ers think about this! ? I was just reading the article and went straight to ATS and ... nuthin.' Thanks for starting the thread, hopefully there will be some discussion.

(FYI, I know all the Rosewell stories, and even visited the museum, being a dork myself. )

MY THOUGHTS: It's easy to say this is another cover up. And it could be, BUT. If this is what really WAS happening, then the lame cover ups (dummy's, monkeys...) would somewhat make sense. In other words there was a cover up, but perhaps the Govt. was hiding something else.

That of course, doesn't explain away the thousands of other UFO claims / encounters etc.. It just made me think.

ALSO, you could consider changing the title to something like, "FOX NEWS REPORTS ANOTHER AREA 51 COVER UP?" or something alarming like that!

edit on 18-5-2011 by RichMystic because: title suggestion.

new topics

join