It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP Induction Magnetometer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Is there someone here that can help me figure out how to read HAARP's induction magnetometer chart? Or even point me to a place online that can break it down for me in simple terms?

Or is it something that can only really be understood by a professional...magnetometer chart reader.

edit on 17-5-2011 by zillah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm so nervous, I live in Illinois(NW by the way) I'm ready to run out of the house with my mother, B.O.B and leave because HAARP was on. I don't know what to think, please help me read that chart thing or I will loose it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I can't help you out there with reading the charts but I will say that there really is no reason why you should be that scared of. Harp may control some weather buticing in that kind of fear is probably more damaging. Like really might as well run around circles saying "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!".

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zillah

not that I can help or anything

but do you have a link to the chart

so at least I know what your talking

about

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

here is the link

click Current Induction Magnetometer

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tonyinawareness

I think I'd be frightened as well! Esp living in that area. Too many coincidences lately, especially with dates, predictions...etc...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zillah
Is there someone here that can help me figure out how to read HAARP's induction magnetometer chart? Or even point me to a place online that can break it down for me in simple terms?

Or is it something that can only really be understood by a professional...magnetometer chart reader.

edit on 17-5-2011 by zillah because: (no reason given)

The induction magnetometer is not showing HAARP transmitting, it is an instrument that reads what the ionosphere is doing at very low frequencies (VLF).

It is likely that when they are transmitting from HAARP, that they have the magnetometer switched off as it is sensitive equipment and would be "swamped" by a transmitting station so close.

Here is a link to its description from the HAARP site.

The chart (linked to here) shows a spectrum of activity by time.

The further up the chart you go (vertically) the higher the frequency.

The horizontal axis shows the time the reading was taken.

The colour, at any particular frequency and instant, shows the power as a ratio of Voltage squared over the frequency. You can look up the bar to the right of the graph to figure out what each colour means.

There has been speculation that a band of yellow appearing at about 2.4 Hz correlates with large earthquakes and this has been nicknamed "the earthquake line" but there have been large quakes that have not produced this effect and there has also been the effect with no earthquakes, so until the number crunchers say it definitely is an indicator, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

edit on 17/5/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Yup,pretty much sums it up.
The magnetometer is a device that measures a magnetic field,not causes anything.

A magnetometer is a scientific instrument used to measure the strength or direction of the magnetic field, either produced in the laboratory or existing in nature. The Earth's magnetic field (the magnetosphere) varies from place to place, for various reasons such as inhomogeneity of rocks and the interaction between charged particles from the Sun and the magnetosphere. Magnetometers are a frequent component instrument on spacecraft that explore planets.

If you have one of this devices listed below,well then I accuse you of cause all of our problems!

Magnetometers are appearing in mobile phones. The HTC HD2, Nokia C7-00, HTC Dream, HTC Desire HD, HTC Evo, HTC Wildfire, Apple iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad, Motorola Droid,[6] Motorola Quench,Motorola Atrix 4g Nokia N97, Nokia E72, Nokia N8, Nokia E5, Xperia X10, Samsung i8910, Samsung Wave S8500, Samsung Galaxy S, Nexus One, Nexus S, and the HTC Hero all have a magnetometer and come with compass apps for showing direction.[7][8]

Now,on the other hand if someone came show us what the IRI,or Ionospheric Research Instrument is doing,then we can get somewhere.

The most prominent instrument at the HAARP Station is the Ionospheric Research Instrument (IRI), a high power radio frequency transmitter facility operating in the high frequency (HF) band. The IRI is used to temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere. Other instruments, such as a VHF and a UHF radar, a fluxgate magnetometer, a digisonde and an induction magnetometer, are used to study the physical processes that occur in the excited region.

Just saying that one thing is doing something without knowing what the other is doing is just guessing.

edit on 18-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Thank you so much! It is truly appreciated. People toss up screen caps of it in their posts and I am never quite sure what I am looking at. Now that I understand it better, and actually know what it is, I feel more comfortable reading those posts.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Can you explain why you are so frightened? HAARP is in Alaska I think. What has you nervous?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It is just like taking your temperature with a thermometer, it measures your body temperature and tells you whether you have a fever or not...using it doesn't give you a fever.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zillah

Thank you so much! It is truly appreciated. People toss up screen caps of it in their posts and I am never quite sure what I am looking at. Now that I understand it better, and actually know what it is, I feel more comfortable reading those posts.

Not a problem!

Also, another thing is that the frequencies that the magnetometer detects are way below audible (Human hearing works between 20 Hz & 20,000 Hz). The "frequencies" it measures are more like slight wobbles in an essentially direct-current (DC) field.

Any attempt to transmit an electromagnetic signal at such a low frequency would be fruitless. To give you some idea of why consider the wavelength of an electromagnetic wave at 2 Hz and what we would need to do to create such a wave:

The formula is: λ = c / f

where "λ" is the wavelength (in metres), "c" is the propogation speed (with electromagnetics, this is the speed of light = 299,792,458 m/S) & "f" is the frequency (in Hz).

so substituting, we get λ = (299,792,458 / 2) = 149,896,229 meters (yes folks, that is nearly 15 million kilometers or 11,750 times the diameter of the Earth)!

The most efficient (and simplest) antenna design is a dipole with each "arm" being the length of half of the wavelength that you want to transmit. It is unpossible for us to create an antenna so large. Even using some tricks to "pack" the antenna into a smaller space, it still is still way beyond us in engineering terms.

HAARP can transmit HF radio frequencies at up to 3.6 MW, which they used to locally heat the ionosphere for testing, but the antenna points straight up and only heats, by minute amounts, a small bit the atmosphere immediately above the array. As far as I know, the HF Transmitter is hardly ever used anymore.

To be able to cause earthquakes by heating the ionosphere on the opposite side of the Earth (i.e: through the ground) is just simply not physically possible.

edit on 18/5/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

join