It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we all try to make other people believe what we believe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I don't know Danbones. Sometimes your line of thinking is non logical. Like telling me the wife of soldiers are in pain for irradiated sperm but the guy is perfectly ok having sex without pain. Maybe you don't recall that post of yours. I do.

Seems a lot of folks would go hungry if they had to think like you to get food. Well good thing you're not giving out food then I guess.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelangelo

Its like i tell my children when they do something wrong. I tried to warn you but you had to experiance my mistake on your own.

Some times i tell them; I dont know why i always try to help you out, because you never listen to what i have to say.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michelangelo
Why do we do this? Why is it that our human psychology dictates that we must argue our point to the death, when it is simply an exercise in futility? We're not going to change each other's mind, so why do we even try? We need to just live and let live.

Because reality is dictated by belief.

It's all marketing.

Namaste!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelangelo
Since this is in the forum it is:
Debating with other components (you) of the "system or thing" one belongs to is necessary.
Why not utilise a potential 6 billion+ minds instead of my inferior single mind (I) ?

Sometimes my stubborn single mind needs its ridged belief systems externalised
so it can understand if it is functioning correctly, which enables it to evolve or devolve
conclusions it may or may not have reached.
This is not always pretty because my mind really "believes" it has it all worked out and
triggers powerful emotional responses to protect its conclusions.
When left alone it carefully picks info that reinforces its belief system,never evolving.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nithaiah
Not all of us always do that. Sometimes we argue with people because we're in a mood to argue, or we want somebody to admit to an underlying motive for their professed belief, such as certain male pro-lifers just outright hate the idea of women having rights but won't admit that because they realize it's a screwed up belief to hold.

There are an ample number of people who will happily accept that other people aren't the same as them, and indeed embrace that difference for the fact that creating a world in which everyone can choose their own paths from the variety of the human condition benefits everyone involved. All they ask in return is the same respect that they're giving to others, and that doesn't come down to an argument for any ideology or another, it comes down as an argument for basic human decency towards each other...and at the end of the day, only psychopaths and narcissists can disagree with that.

I do so agree with you....respect each others opinions...and....(agree to disagree)....people want to be (REALLY LISTENED TO).....to know someone cares......and for many it is not that you have to believe the same way they do...(again) they just wanted someone to care and listen...show interest.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It's funny that you posted this!!! I just went through this exact thing last night. It's still got me ticked this morning that the topic of choice is the same freakin thing that has been debated with me, by family members, for years!!! The argument is over my views of Religion. I don't see why this is anyone else business to look down on me for my beliefs. These are the same people that research nothing, and want to hang onto their indoctrination and brainwashing rather than find the truth and think realisticly about things!!!
I don't go around pushing my beliefs or point of view on others, because I don't know who is right if anyone is!! I find that I'm constantly defending my point of view after I'm approached with ignorace with nothing to back it up.
I guess everyone wants to be right, in in their own little world and want to make sure everyone else thinks so too.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Because we are listening to the person next to us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join