It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu revealed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoinquirer

I was really high one time and watching Simpsons. I remember it was like I watched a whole scene TWO TIMES IN A ROW! I was watching the scene, but I knew EXACTLY what was going to happen. It was freaky deaky.

The same thing has happened to me three times, and I have never taken drugs, and don't use pharmacuticals
It was a WOW moment - I just thought 'a glitch in the Matrix there' - The incidents were brief, like Neo seeing the cat.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
reply to post by Baguette

It's a great theory, although when you've experienced the different levels of deja vu I have, any other explanation than what I've come to know is redundant.

Not really ... it's just another great theory.

There are actually many ... your's is just one

I enjoyed your OP ... it's always good to explore different avenues.

Woody

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IllMannered
I think Deja vu is simpler and easier to explain than all of that quantum/psychic mumbo jumbo. Deja vu occurs when the brain (super computer) has a slight momentary glitch and stores a situation into the longterm memory while it is happening and going into short term memory. What happens is you remember the event occuring even though it is happening at that moment. We do have short and long term memory. If something is put into longterm at the same time it is put into short term that is what we call Deja vu. I hope I'm explaining it well.

Basically, you are remembering something that is happening right now.

I agree I don't think there's a mystical explanation.

BUT SAYING THAT...

Just because we can describe what's going on with brain, doesn't mean it's a mundane explanation. : ) What if the brain is traveling through time and that's why it looks like it's storing memories funky. I don't think this, I don't think deja vu is a good example of supernatural stuff. But it would be itneresting if you could some how do a study on it to see if it really does double as premonition too.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
As well, if consciousness is somewhat independent of brain ... it could act funky when the brain does.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Deja Vu is in fact like a Memory leak on a PC.

The Data you perceive is being stored in your RAM then transferred into deeper storage , normally after a length of time passes the information is stored for long term memory. so the need to remember ever last detail is foregone.

Deja Vu is simply a distortion in the whole process which gives memories no time to be processed into long term Memories. Its played back in real time making you think you've experienced it before.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ok so having read the thread, and I like the theory, I have a question.

When I have what I up to this point perceived to be deja vu, I usually find that its nothing where I can predict whats going to happen next, all I get is an overwhelming sense that I have seen/done/said what happens in the situation before, even if I am observing other individuals, saying something, but it always feels as though the de ja vu is from very far in the past, as in weeks or months, maybe years even, but I can never pin it down to a specific time where I think it comes from.

So my question is have I never experienced deja vu ?

Or is this deja vu, but without the ability to predict what is going to happen next ?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I suppose nobody is listening to me because it's just too convenient for people to ignore me when I am giving you an answer....

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon

When I have what I up to this point perceived to be deja vu, I usually find that its nothing where I can predict whats going to happen next, all I get is an overwhelming sense that I have seen/done/said what happens in the situation before, even if I am observing other individuals, saying something, but it always feels as though the de ja vu is from very far in the past, as in weeks or months, maybe years even, but I can never pin it down to a specific time where I think it comes from.

Or is this deja vu, but without the ability to predict what is going to happen next ?

When you have it, you'll notice that you feel like everything has happened before, so obviously it's not a glimpse into the future, otherwise you would be seeing not what is right infront of you.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
I suppose nobody is listening to me because it's just too convenient for people to ignore me when I am giving you an answer....

I think it's just because when you experience something like deja vu, it seems so mystical and almost paranormal - that you get kinda disappointed when you find out there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for it.

I know I was disappointed when I first found out!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Evaux

Thanks mate. It would be cool if Deja Vu was something to do with being psychic, unfortunately, there really is a simple yet really complex explanation for it. Most people should be very thankful they don't get it like me. I've had to quit jobs over it, as it makes you really sick.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

When you have it, you'll notice that you feel like everything has happened before, so obviously it's not a glimpse into the future, otherwise you would be seeing not what is right infront of you.

Yeah thats just it, thats what I experience, its not a glimpse into the future, its a feeling that I've experienced it before, ok I'm confused now, so does this tie in with your experiences ?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

Yeah, it's nice to think "Oh, that was strange. I wonder what it could mean? Maybe it's this... maybe it's that... or what IF..."

Then one day, "Oh, that's all it is? How boring."

I get it all the time, but it doesn't make me sick. Sorry to hear about that.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

This man is on some of the best '___' out there I bet..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yeah thats just it, thats what I experience, its not a glimpse into the future, its a feeling that I've experienced it before, ok I'm confused now, so does this tie in with your experiences ?

Yes. Deja Vu is simply electrical signals in your brain going a little haywire. Sometimes epileptics will experience DejaVu as a warning sign before a seizure. Most people will experience Deja Vu a few times in their lives, but if it becomes really frequent, or stronger, I recommend seeing a Neurologist.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits
reply to post by b3l13v3

Ok, so thoughts create the codes. Then if you are able to see/feel them are you in a way reading the world's/everyone's thoughts at that moment? (because our thoughts create the codes).

Well, the world/other people create the codes I assume. They're the pattern of life, so to speak.

And if our thoughts create the world, you would be able to tell directions in which the future could go? (to a point) Then you reflect on it.

This is exactly what I do.

Am I on the right lines here? Kind of just putting it together as I feel it is coming to me now.

Yes sir.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hipno

No one can "see" into the future, they make predictions based on circumstance, evidence and chance. Kind of like weather. However, when the circumstance and evidence is quantum entanglement, things become much different and harder to convey in words.

reply to post by MischeviousElf

Well, I was kind of insinuating to understand the subconscious.... and be able to deny it's ability to create a route for you, I suppose.

reply to post by just_julie

I am very sorry to hear about your circumstance
Perhaps medical technology in the coming ages will be able to assist you with your disability.

However, you do bring up a good point. The brain itself is just a organ that does billions if not trillions of complex calculations per second, however - the conscious is the controller of the brain, and if you believe that the conscious exists outside of the brain, and the brain is just a "video game controller", then you can understand a tad more where I'm coming from.

It is of course possible that brain is having errors of some type or fashion. However, this is not really what my thread is focusing on, my thread is focusing on the esoteric belief that there is a metaphysical or quantum level event happening within certain deja vu.

I would appreciate it if you wouldn't be so quick to dismiss my theory here, or at least take your own beliefs to another section of the forums.

Best regards though, as I am truly sorry about your disability.

reply to post by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I had it one time on the phone with my friend and it freaked him out because I knew everything he was going to say and there was no way we had that conversation before.

I've done the same thing on a few occasions. What I believe is happening here is that you're so in tune with the event that you we're able to calculate where someone else would be entangled. Really interesting when this happens, it's almost the illusion of seeing into the future! But first you must realize that time itself is it just like weather. Certain things can, and will be foreseen.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Unfortunately, my experience with lucid dreaming and astral projection is severely limited. I've only "truly" lucid dreamed once, and I can tell you that "lucid dreaming" or whatever it was I was experiencing defies all known principles of reality, and allows you to see past this plane of existence in it's entirety.

Although.... when I was a child, I would have nightmares, quite frequently actually. I remember one day I was having a nightmare, and I actually just "stopped" the entire dream, while I was in the dream. The monsters or whatever that we're after me literally froze in place, and I looked around and noticed that I was in control of the entire situation. Shortly after I woke up.

I think lucid dreaming can be conquered either within the dream, or you can teach yourself how to control it consciously by meditating on the thought - although as adults, it's probably a lot harder to do than when you we're a kid.

reply to post by Talltexxxan

Yes, the multiple universe theory. You must take into consideration that quantum physics is probably the most highly debated scientific theory we have to date, some scientists still to this day don't believe there is any substance to it (which most obviously, there is.).

While I can't say if it has anything to do with more than one universe existing, I can say this much. . .

What if you're just emulating multiple different scenarios on a subconscious level, and you realize that you chose one of those scenarios - or you chose on that didn't exist?

So in short, I suppose sure - it's possible...

reply to post by graphuto

Interesting, VERY interesting!! I suppose one valid explanation, in the esoteric field of things, is that you're a natural leader and anytime you're veering off course, you receive a CDV that tells you to stop doing what you're doing and go back to being yourself?

Very interesting friend, extremely interesting. Not sure what to say. Keep your eyes peeled!

reply to post by woodwytch

Indeed it is. I meant to put a disclaimer on my post, but forgot, that this is my belief and in no way shape or form should be incorporated as some other immediate belief system, I think that anyone can build upon others knowledge - that's the point of my philosophy, is leading - not following.

reply to post by solargeddon

No where in my post did I say you need to be able to predict what's going to happen next on a conscious level, you're subconscious already emulated the situation you are in and exactly what would be happening at that time on a quantum level.

Yeah, sounds like a simple deja vu to me friend.

reply to post by Evaux

Unfortunately Occams Razor cannot be applied to consciousness, as neither can a mental condition be quantified as disease. The mind is a powerful thing, and one of the least scientifically explained things.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
just_julie are we just supposed to take your word because you said so, how big is your ego lol. yeah i read your post and thats your opinion and i accept your views but dont try and drum it down our throats please. some of us have had experiences with this that are not just electrical short circuits.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

I wouldn't be so quick to judge

In my opinion, she is probably 100% right, that the brain itself is having an error, however, the conscious itself exists on a level of which the brain does not, and anything we speak of that involves quantum entanglement, the brain itself isn't enough to hold substance in the realm of quantum physics - we're talking complete energy displacement and your consciousness/brain/whatever being able to emulate a series of events before they happen - so when you get to that point, your physical brain clashes with the scenario/s you've literally created before they happened.
edit on 18-5-2011 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yes. Deja Vu is simply electrical signals in your brain going a little haywire. Sometimes epileptics will experience DejaVu as a warning sign before a seizure. Most people will experience Deja Vu a few times in their lives, but if it becomes really frequent, or stronger, I recommend seeing a Neurologist.

Nah I don't need to see a neurologist, doesn't happen to me very often, and more's the point, this happens to everybody, reckon the neurologists office might not be able to cope under the strain of everyone on the planet turning up to see them

edit on 19-5-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join