It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scrabble, Soccer, Friends and Weird goings On?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This may sound a bit stupid and there is probably am easy answer to all this.....Excuse me if I have placed this in the wrong forum heading, but I have been experiencing some weird goings on recently........

Here are 3 things which have freaked me out in the last week or so.

I live in Sydney, Australia and the other night I was watching an episode of Friends, it's the episode where Ross ends up having a one night relationship with some other girl and then he has to confront Rachel on his return...blah blah blah.........

Anyway, I watched from the start of the TV programme and then there was an Ad break, so I went and made a drink to have during the next part of the TV programme. Anyway, I came back into the lounge and sat down to continue the episode, but I sat there in complete amazement due to the fact that I was watching exactly the same part of the programme I was watching earlier. This completely freaked me out and I was actually questioning whether I had seen it before or not. It was very confusing to say the least. Then there was another Ad break, but when it returned again it went into a part of the programme I hadn't seen previously.

Now I know that there could have been a mix up at the TV station and they ended up reshowing the first part of the show twice, but the weird thing I found was that the programme actually ended at the correct time indicated on the viewing times. If the same part of the show had been played twice, and then they run the episode in it's entirety, wouldn't the show have run over it's viewing time?

Did anybody in Oz experience this episode, or am I going mad?

The other week I was watching a soccer game which was early in the morning while lying on the sofa. Anyway, I remember watching the game and there was a goal in the 74th minute, then I must have dozed off. Not too long later I woke up after nodding off to find that the game was into the 69th minute and I remembered the goal being scored in the 74th, so I watched the goal again, I remembered the build up to the goal, what the commentator had said and the player who scored the goal. So I sat up quite bewildered and watched the end of the game until the end. And yes, you have guessed it, the programme the game was being played on finished at exactly the time advertised in the viewing times. I still don't understand how this happened, I just went to bed and lay there trawling it through my mind for ages until I dozed off.

The third thing which to me was quite weird was when playing scrabble yesterday. I love word games and I was playing online scrabble. Anyway, I found this particular word that I wanted to place on the scrabble board, I placed the letters on the board and pressed play and the word went onto the board. I know that I had placed the word there because the letter on the top line was the letter H, and I got ready to play my next turn going across that letter because the computer had given me a letter S, all the other letter S's and C's had been played, which meant that I had a good chance to use the letter H. This is how I remember it so well.

Anyway, sometimes I daydream when playing because each player gets 2 minutes for their turn and I just wait for the computer to bleep when it's my turn next . So the computer bleeped and I went to place the word I had ready on my rack, but I was unable to do so, due to the fact that the word I had placed there earlier was no longer there and the other three players had filled up the board where my earlier word with the letter H should have been. I found this quite weird to say the least, I even looked at my scrabble rack to see if I had actually placed the word with the H on the board, and surprise, surprise, the word with the H was not in my letter rack.

This may sound rather mundane and quite boring, but I find myself questioning myself lately because I am not too sure what's going on. I must also add that apart from these two things I am also experiencing seeing things move out of the corner of my eye. This seems to be happening quite a lot recently and I find myself keep looking at things that are not there when I turn my head to have a look. Even my girlfriend has questioned me about why I keep moving my head quickly to the left or the right. I keep telling her what's happening, but she just thinks I am playing about.

Am I going nuts at the age of 46?

Anybody else out there with any similarities to these?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm not much for hallucinations, but I have been experiencing exponentially more recently. Not full blown hallucinations but subtle things, like seeing stationary objects move slightly, or catching something out of the corner of my eye. I saw a translucent white blob vaguely human shape glide across the hallway and go into a room in the hotel the other night. And as far as the TV programs go, I too have experienced that exact same thing. It was weird but I dismissed it as a mix up at the station. Interesting indeed.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Glitch in the matrix?
I've experienced something similar with the time. One morning my daughter was getting ready for school and the time said 7:21 am and I yelled to her in the bathroom since it was quite far from me to hurry up she was going to miss the bus as it came at 7:26 am and she has a bit of a walk to the stop. Well lo and behold she rushed out the door and ten minutes went by (by my estimation) and I again glanced at the clock on the lower left of my computer which I was at! It said 7:12 am!!!
Or around that time. The weird part is it's documented directly at the time it happened, in a thread here at ATS as I happened to be on the thread about time shifts and when it happened I typed my story immediately.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deemo Diablo
I'm not much for hallucinations, but I have been experiencing exponentially more recently. Not full blown hallucinations but subtle things, like seeing stationary objects move slightly, or catching something out of the corner of my eye. I saw a translucent white blob vaguely human shape glide across the hallway and go into a room in the hotel the other night. And as far as the TV programs go, I too have experienced that exact same thing. It was weird but I dismissed it as a mix up at the station. Interesting indeed.

Cheers for that Deemo, at least it's not just me who is going mad.....but still interested to see what others have to say on this matter.....

ta

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Glitch in the matrix?
I've experienced something similar with the time. One morning my daughter was getting ready for school and the time said 7:21 am and I yelled to her in the bathroom since it was quite far from me to hurry up she was going to miss the bus as it came at 7:26 am and she has a bit of a walk to the stop. Well lo and behold she rushed out the door and ten minutes went by (by my estimation) and I again glanced at the clock on the lower left of my computer which I was at! It said 7:12 am!!!
Or around that time. The weird part is it's documented directly at the time it happened, in a thread here at ATS as I happened to be on the thread about time shifts and when it happened I typed my story immediately.

I think that I actually remember you posting this, wasn't it part of a thread by a guy who was interested with Timeslips or something of that nature?

Very interesting though.........

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
And I found my post it was in Timeline Shifted....Again?

posted on 12-5-2010 @ 10:11 AM this post reply to post by alttracks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is bizarre. Nothing cool like that ever happens to me. Just stuff that can be put off to bad memory/ absent-mindedness. Or bad reporting lol.Except the time it says seven twenty one am on my clock on the computer, then I looked again and it said seven oh seven am. I know I read the time right and it had only been a few minutes of looking away from it, so it could not have said 6:21 Am, this was important cause my kid has to be at the busstop at 7:22Am or she'd miss the bus and when the clock said 7:21 I had to yell at her cause she wasn't out the door yet. She left then five minutes went by I look at the time 7:07am, and it was right I checked on the cell phone. That still leaves me scratching my head!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by ldyserenity]

It also says I posted 3 hours later, which I am sure I, like stated posted it exactly AFTER it happened. ???

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

hey man, atleast you can watch TV still since i switched off foxtel and went all "digitial" reception is a total nightmare -_-
oh slight breeze no tv tonight!

lol actually i havent watched it in about a month becuase there just seems to be an unreal amount of interference of some sort.

anyway! with these strange goings on, i too have caught odd objects in the corner of my eye, movements and things, infact last night i literally saw a light i turned off flick back on at the switch!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomSnake
reply to post by davethebear

hey man, atleast you can watch TV still since i switched off foxtel and went all "digitial" reception is a total nightmare -_-
oh slight breeze no tv tonight!

lol actually i havent watched it in about a month becuase there just seems to be an unreal amount of interference of some sort.

anyway! with these strange goings on, i too have caught odd objects in the corner of my eye, movements and things, infact last night i literally saw a light i turned off flick back on at the switch!

Hi, PhantomSnake,

Well I must say you haven't missed much on TV anyway............Maybe there is something going on over here in the Oz atmosphere which is making us see things that is better than what's on TV...Haha........

cheers

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The way another poster described this as a 'glitch in the matrix' is the only term that makes sense when it comes to things like this... I had this before while watching a movie on tv, there was a whole scene and then it went to commercial, and when it came back the entire 10 minute scene was playing again. It might've been station troubles but it was weird. I've also had instances where I would wake up, look at the clock, think I could slip in a few more minutes of sleep, go back to sleep, and wake up and the clock would be minutes BEFORE the first time (like from 10:15 to 10:00.) Once it was a whole hour behind, to the point where I got up and started getting ready for work, realized the clocks were wrong, went back to my room and then the clock there would be back to it's normal time, one hour ahead. This has happened not just at home but at work a few times, too.

There do seem to be 'glitches' in time often, which is strange if you consider that time is supposed to be a continuous loop which really should not have any 'glitches' like this...... but there are different theories to it.
I know some people believe that the Matrix literally exists (as in, we are all computer programs and that's why glitches happen), to the idea that time slips occur because of the influence or presence of extraterrestrials, to the idea that God allows such things to happen so that we will have a glimpse of the paranormal and question our scientific reality........ who knows? But no, you're not crazy!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Replikant
The way another poster described this as a 'glitch in the matrix' is the only term that makes sense when it comes to things like this... I had this before while watching a movie on tv, there was a whole scene and then it went to commercial, and when it came back the entire 10 minute scene was playing again. It might've been station troubles but it was weird. I've also had instances where I would wake up, look at the clock, think I could slip in a few more minutes of sleep, go back to sleep, and wake up and the clock would be minutes BEFORE the first time (like from 10:15 to 10:00.) Once it was a whole hour behind, to the point where I got up and started getting ready for work, realized the clocks were wrong, went back to my room and then the clock there would be back to it's normal time, one hour ahead. This has happened not just at home but at work a few times, too.

There do seem to be 'glitches' in time often, which is strange if you consider that time is supposed to be a continuous loop which really should not have any 'glitches' like this...... but there are different theories to it.
I know some people believe that the Matrix literally exists (as in, we are all computer programs and that's why glitches happen), to the idea that time slips occur because of the influence or presence of extraterrestrials, to the idea that God allows such things to happen so that we will have a glimpse of the paranormal and question our scientific reality........ who knows? But no, you're not crazy!

Cheers for that Replikant,

Very interesting..........At least I know I am not the only mad person................My name is Legion for we are many...haha

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I don't recall any time slips but in the same thread that someone above (sorry, I forgot to look at your screen name!!!!) posted about the time slip with her daughter and the school bus and all I posted my geographic/dimensional shift story about whole streets missing in my neighborhood. So, I won't repost it here but....

Lately (as in starting today) I've been seeing faces. Mostly in my computer screens (haha I get it...oh wait, no one made the joke yet...hmmm time slip joke anyone? No it wasn't just my reflection staring back at me...lol) it was really odd, I was at work, wide awake, and I saw a reflection of someone standing behind me in my monitor. No one I recognized which is why I noticed and spun around in my chair to see who it was (I work in a sensitive facility so only certain people are even allowed to enter my office) to find no one there. Weird, I thought, but I shrugged it off thinking it was just my imagination or the lighting (since I did wear my new spectacles today).

Then, just a few minutes ago as I started reading this specific thread it happened again. I'm at home on my personal laptop and there was a face in front of my arm in the reflection. I have tattoos so I wasn't really paying any attention to it until I looked down (at a lower post) and saw the eye on my arm blink. Then I looked at it directly and...nothing, just my tat. No eyes (not even colorful inked ones on my arms.)

So it seems that it's mostly noticed out the corner of my eyes then when I look at it directly it's either not there or quickly fades/vanishes within a second or two.

I'm pretty sure I'm not just experiencing visual matrixing. I'm actually pretty good at seeing faces (optical illusion kinds) where there are none (sorry hard to explain if you don't know what matrixing is. It's like looking at the clouds and seeing the shapes resembling something) I do have a pretty good imagination too but I've never imagined something that I could actually see physically.

So I don't know what's going on. I know I'm not crazy. I know I'm not unintelligent. But I'll let you know If I see or notice anything else.

--Apex

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apex Predator
I don't recall any time slips but in the same thread that someone above (sorry, I forgot to look at your screen name!!!!) posted about the time slip with her daughter and the school bus and all I posted my geographic/dimensional shift story about whole streets missing in my neighborhood. So, I won't repost it here but....

Lately (as in starting today) I've been seeing faces. Mostly in my computer screens (haha I get it...oh wait, no one made the joke yet...hmmm time slip joke anyone? No it wasn't just my reflection staring back at me...lol) it was really odd, I was at work, wide awake, and I saw a reflection of someone standing behind me in my monitor. No one I recognized which is why I noticed and spun around in my chair to see who it was (I work in a sensitive facility so only certain people are even allowed to enter my office) to find no one there. Weird, I thought, but I shrugged it off thinking it was just my imagination or the lighting (since I did wear my new spectacles today).

Then, just a few minutes ago as I started reading this specific thread it happened again. I'm at home on my personal laptop and there was a face in front of my arm in the reflection. I have tattoos so I wasn't really paying any attention to it until I looked down (at a lower post) and saw the eye on my arm blink. Then I looked at it directly and...nothing, just my tat. No eyes (not even colorful inked ones on my arms.)

So it seems that it's mostly noticed out the corner of my eyes then when I look at it directly it's either not there or quickly fades/vanishes within a second or two.

I'm pretty sure I'm not just experiencing visual matrixing. I'm actually pretty good at seeing faces (optical illusion kinds) where there are none (sorry hard to explain if you don't know what matrixing is. It's like looking at the clouds and seeing the shapes resembling something) I do have a pretty good imagination too but I've never imagined something that I could actually see physically.

So I don't know what's going on. I know I'm not crazy. I know I'm not unintelligent. But I'll let you know If I see or notice anything else.

--Apex

Yeah, Cheers for that Apex,

Even a week after posting this thread my eyes tend to wander, the things that I am seeing out of the corner of my eye's are still there. I have no idea or clue what is going on, I have never experienced this type of thing before, so I am a bit flummoxed as to why it has all started recently.

But please keep me posted if anything else occurs, any more faces etc....I know that there are many others ATS folks who have been experiencing similar happenings with their vision.

cheers

new topics

top topics

join