It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Town I Grew Up In Has Drastically Changed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I grew up in the town of Flower Mound, and moved a few cities over a couple years ago. Flower Mound is one of those upper-class rich type towns. I never liked it. The town seemed just too "happy" and go lucky. One of those very boring towns. Barley any crime the past few years, just a little small-time drug problem.

I woke up today and saw this on the front page of my areas newsletter.

Flower Mound investigation leads to 17 arrests on federal drug charges

The Flower Mound Police Department, in conjunction with two federal agencies and other local police departments, has announced the arrest of 17 people on federal indictments related to drug-related crimes.

"This is the first time the Flower Mound Police Department has pursued a large-scale drug investigation at the federal level," said Sgt. Colin Sullivan of the Flower Mound Police Department. "In order to attack this problem, we required the aid of federal agencies, such as the DEA and the ATF, to help us."

Flower Mound Heroin Investigation Leads To 17 Arrests

James Capra, the special agent in charge of the DEA’s Dallas field office, says this case stood out. “In a nearly 25 year career, probably one of the first times where I’ve seen a network like this.”

Capra says this if the first time he’s seen a drug network of alleged abusers and distributers tis young based in a middle to upper middle class suburb. “Guns for drugs, sex for drugs, you name it, some of these defendants were involved in this type of activity.”

I grew up with some of the kids that died from heroin. Also grew up with some of the kids that are now facing 40 years.

When I first saw this today, I was shocked. Ive always known there was a drug problem in Flower Mound, but something this size???

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Dope is like, well.... the mexicans..

They are everywhere..

This is how it is. Most people do not want to admit it but take a good look around. It is everywhere these days. I know of several young friends of mine that have had the h problem.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Your town did'nt change. You just became aware of what it had always been. Drugs are not some new thing, they have been around for thousands of years. By the way where in the hell is Flower Mound? OZ

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantazero

By the way where in the hell is Flower Mound

Texas lol. Its one of those small towns nobody has ever heard of.

Im just suprised at how large this "ring" was.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I lived in way rural Kentucky and we had a similar bust in our area. Just local folks in it for the money.

top topics

join