It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Source: Attack to be in Early September

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
According to an al-Qaeda operative described as "credible" by British intelligence, the attacks are to be carried out 60 days before the U.S.'s November 2nd elections. There are mentions in the intelligence gathered of other possible targets, including the Bank of America building in San Fransisco.

NY Newsday

WASHINGTON -- More financial institutions than previously disclosed may be at risk of attack, and an al-Qaida operative has told British intelligence that the group's target date is early September, intelligence sources said yesterday.

The operative, described as "credible" by British intelligence, told his debriefers that the attack would take place "60 days before the presidential election" on Nov. 2, according to a former senior National Security Council official. On Sept. 2 President George W. Bush is expected to address the Republican National Convention at Madison Square Garden.

Counterterrorism officials are analyzing data from a computer seized in Pakistan last month to see if financial institutions in addition to the five disclosed Sunday are at risk of attack, U.S. officials said yesterday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is the first mention I have heard of a specific time frame for an alleged terrorist attack. But if al-Qaeda has been planning this for years as other reports are suggesting, it could well be devestating to the US economy.

[edit on 8-3-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Probably leaked out that way on purpose to throw people off...

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The economy is already slowing down and the stock market is dropping. I expect just the news of a possible attack will knock it down even more. The date of 60 days before the Nov 2nd election may be the last week of august or first week of september, if it even happens. If anything does happen I expect there will be multiple attacks, so it could be there will be an attack here one week, there the next week.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
With the leak of information on who will be attacked (NYC and Washington, D.C.) I would think that the terrorist would change locations. Hit a different city where the security wasn't so tight.

Maybe this squealer was trying to throw us off, telling us it's going to happen in D.C. and NYC when it's actually going to happen in L.A. or Chicago?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I am not really suprised that our finacial institutions would be next. I just hope people realize that it won't be the end of things.. It's just silly for people to caught up like that. If anything happens at all, I doubt it would make much of a dent in our economy in the long run. For the most part, dealing with terrorists seems to be more of a waiting game for them to make what moves they can.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I heard about these possible attacks on financial institutions, in the Dallas Morning News, and in the Fort Worth Star Telegram. They've stepped up security, at banks and credit unions. This is looking pretty serious...I'm trying to look for the links at the respective newspapers' sites, and so far, nothing, but I'm trying to get the News Alerts to forward it to my email. Hopefully I can update accordingly and keep posting.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Gee, you think they all watched "Fight Club"

I don't know, I really don't wish any terror attack on anyone, but if any State deserves it, it would be California. I am so sick of their whining anti-war pacifist BS I could puke. Nothing against California, it's beautiful and everything, but Berkeley is need of a serious reality check. I have never known such peacenik nuts in my life. I do not think that California thinks it is part of the United States! They DO blame America or Israel for EVERYTHING!! I am pretty Liberal, but those people make me cringe. They worry so much about Saddam getting a fair trial....like he would have worried one minute about the "human sheilds" those peace activists sent to Baghdad! They never looked at the Kurds suffering, and they don't really care, because the US must be wrong, all day, every day. Then they say "there is no war on terror, it's all a government plot to make us scared" Sure, tell that to the victims of this "imaginary" enemy. It's a good thing that the political Parties do not listen to those people. They would never last a day living under a dictator.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by Peshmerga]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Dont rule out suitcase nukes, there are unconmfirmed reports of 10 -14 of these in various hands and can easily wipe out a whole city block.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
As mentioned early on on this thread, an attack does not have to be in NY or any of the cities that are on alert. I am sure the terrorists have a plan "B". I am still of the notion that an attack in Chicago or NW Indiana would be likely. I base this on the fact that the largest Oil Distribution Terminals are located in Whiting Ind., East Chicago Indiana and Hammond Indiana. This is the oil nerve center for the midwest, if you render these areas null you have just plunged 1/3rd of the states into an oil crisis that would be hard to recover from.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Considering all the other "credable" sources that the British have used relating to Iraq, etc. I wonder if this thread should be in the "Predictions" forum, along with the sollog posts

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
I am not really suprised that our finacial institutions would be next. I just hope people realize that it won't be the end of things.. It's just silly for people to caught up like that. If anything happens at all, I doubt it would make much of a dent in our economy in the long run. For the most part, dealing with terrorists seems to be more of a waiting game for them to make what moves they can.

You mean like 9/11 had no effect on the economy or the stock market?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
An attack on "financial institutions" does not
mean a building or even a financial district, in
the US. The object is to destroy the US economy,
and the fiat dollar as reserve currency is the
weak link. It is the purchase of US government
debt issued to finance government operations of
the US by foreign powers that logically is the
target. A small nuclear device.. a dirty bomb
with cobalt containment.. detonated off shore
from Hong Kong with prevailing winds over the
land area would render it uninhabitable for
decades. If the "terrorists" proclaimed any other
assistance to the US in any form would result in
more destruction in other parts of the world, the
US would at that moment be destroyed as a world
power. Purchase of US government debt instruments
would cease immediately. Without the dollar as
reserve currency, and with an inadequate physical
economy to support itself without generous would
assistance, the US becomes a third world country.
As has been said recently by analysts, it is not
a question if the attack comes, but when. The
precise tactics utilized may vary, but the US has
already lost its' war to secure global hegemony.
The attack need not come this year or next, but
when it happens, we will know it was successful
by the response of the world. The world will NOT
continue to purchase debt instruments of a
bankrupt country, both in physical manufacturing
capability, and ethically, as demonstrated by the
behavior of its' government leaders. The US demise
will happen even without intervention, but it will
certainly happen sooner with "terrorist" intervention
because other governments would risk too much
to continue supporting the US fiat dollar paradigm.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by mockan]

new topics

top topics

join