It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about our simulated existence? An interesting take on our purpose for being.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
If you think about the below article and our world, maybe it makes a lot of sense.

www.conspiracy.co...

"All the variables thrust upon our lives place us in a relentless corporate system. Is this a coincidence? Is it a coincidence that under the right circumstances we are all seemingly programmed to be mindless mass consumers? I think we may simply be one of many simulations running on a variety of corporate systems, and we don't even know it."

"All the struggles we endure, the corporations we form and the wars we wage. It could be nothing more than a carefully constructed virtual existence that drives us to create various products for corporates existing outside of the simulation. "

---------------------

What some others have argued:

1. this would kick off an infinite loop of simulations within simulations and crash the system. -my response is we can't understand the technology behind the system enough to know if it is even possible to crash it in such a way

2. why would a civilization advanced enough to build such a system need products from our era? -my response is -who said they were getting the products from our current perceived era? As far as they are concerned our era will advance 20,000 years in 2hrs within their simulation and that is the era they are after.

Look forward to discussing this here! Cheers

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jax27

Dear Jax27

I love this idea it comes from one of the US Boffins or so a documentary I watched claimed. Sorry I do not remember his name.

One interesting bit come from nanotech being that at that level a particle can exist or not, just love that bit here and gone.

One bit about this idea I really love is it drives the religious nuts.

We have had computers for what 60 years as we know them today anyway. Give it a thousand years and see what you get.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This only makes sense in a western mind. Think of simple agrarian cultures.

In reality we all do what we want to do.

join