It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you may never see pictures of the dead Osama....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It dawned on me after reading an account on an internet story, where it was proported that the mission of taking the compound nearly went awry with the crash of the helicopter outside and coresponding noise. It was stated that there were three floors, and that the Seals came in on the bottom and quickly secured floor by floor until they cornered Osama in a hallway..... (their words) At that point if becomes an information black-out as far as particulars until Osama is later buried at sea. There has been much speculation as to whether or not the photos of the dead Osama will be shown, and this is where it 'dawns' on me that they couldn't. That is, they couldn't show the pictures of his head because the forensic evidence would show that the pistol that killed Osama was pressed against his head, and he was exicuted, mabe after some gloating words from the trigger man. I'm sure that would in itself speak volumes of the actions that took place that early morning in Osama's compound on the third floor. My guess was that the coup de gras, was a shot ( the second ) to the heart. SO that is why you might never see those pictures, or they will convieniently dissapear. And it would infact look quite criminal the method used, and garner quite a bit of outrage throughout the world, not only the Islamic world, but the world as a whole.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
And you know this happened how????

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

It seems obvious that the OP is speculating - how did you miss this?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CayceFan

Speculating...No
Spreading BS...yes - how did you miss this?

This is why we can never get reliable info
edit on 17-5-2011 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Or...there will never be photos because it never happened.

I'm going with that.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Come on folks.... read the news.... it's front page..........
AP

FILE - This May 3, 2011, file photo, shows a view of Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. U.S. officials briefed on the secret mission AP – FILE - This May 3, 2011, file photo, shows a view of Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. …

* Osama bin Laden Dead Slideshow:Osama bin Laden Dead
* Endangered SEALs? Play Video Video:Endangered SEALs? ABC News
* SEAL-mania grips nation after bin Laden raid Play Video Video:SEAL-mania grips nation after bin Laden raid AP

By KIMBERLY DOZIER, AP Intelligence Writer Kimberly Dozier, Ap Intelligence Writer – Tue May 17, 7:06 am ET

WASHINGTON – Those who planned the secret mission to get Osama bin Laden in Pakistan knew it was a one-shot deal, and it nearly went terribly wrong.

The U.S. deliberately hid the operation from Pakistan, and predicted that national outrage over the breach of Pakistani sovereignty would make it impossible to try again if the raid on bin Laden's suspected redoubt came up dry.

Once the raiders reached their target, things started to go awry almost immediately, officials briefed on the operation said.

Adding exclusive new details to the account of the assault on bin Laden's hideout, officials described just how the SEAL raiders loudly ditched a foundering helicopter right outside bin Laden's door, ruining the plan for a surprise assault. That forced them to abandon plans to run a squeeze play on bin Laden — simultaneously entering the house stealthily from the roof and the ground floor.

Instead, they busted into the ground floor and began a floor-by-floor storming of the house, working up to the top level where they had assumed bin Laden — if he was in the house — would be.

They were right.

The raiders came face-to-face with bin Laden in a hallway outside his bedroom, and three of the Americans stormed in after him, U.S. officials briefed on the operation told The Associated Press. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to describe a classified operation.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
the good thing about george bush is that he would have shown the pictures.

not these hypocritical idiots who think executing an unarmed man and shooting women isn't bad taste, but visually confirming the most dangerous terrorist in the world is dead so there aren't any doubts in american minds that bin laden is dead and can sleep safe, is.

but we have to take the most "transparent" president in history word for it. when one simple request, his birth certificate, took 2+ years to shown.

edit on 17-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Face to face..... I don't think there was any place to run maybe...ya think.!
So other than grabbing him by the sholders and slaming him to the ground, he was got...... again, ya think.
So It would likely appear that he was captured and subdued........ which makes killing him more of an execution than stumbling upon him and shooting him as he was ducking away on the other side of the room making a getaway.

As I say, it's moot because it's unlikely the photos will be released...........

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by Plotus

Or...there will never be photos because it never happened.

I'm going with that.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Actually you are wrong there.
The reason why we can never "get reliable info" is...
The helmet cams that recorded the entire raid and most probably execution will never show anyone else than the people who watched the live monitors in the presidents briefing room.
So, until then all is speculation, I believe that is what the OP was doing.
Personally for me, Everything is a lie until these films are released.
But they are being OVERTLY and DELIBERATELY suppressed.
That alone SCREAMS something embarrassing happened.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

That alone SCREAMS something embarrassing happened.

Here's the story as I read it today:

www.militarytimes.com...

a snippet:

The plan unraveled as the first helicopter tried to hover over the compound. The Black Hawk skittered around uncontrollably in the heat-thinned air, forcing the pilot to land. As he did, the tail and rotor got caught on one of the compound’s 12-foot walls. The pilot quickly buried the aircraft’s nose in the dirt to keep it from tipping over, and the SEALs clambered out into an outer courtyard.

Pretty embarrassing. I know it's serious stuff, but I will be surprised if the South Park team lets this one get away without spoofing it....I can just hear the SEALS... "DOH!" (and other such embarrassed utterances...)

The other aircraft did not even attempt hovering, landing its SEALs outside the compound.

Now, the raiders were outside, and they’d lost the element of surprise.

They had trained for this, and started blowing their way in with explosives, through walls and doors, working their way up the three-level house from the bottom.

But the part that makes me purse my lips sideways:::

The decision to launch on that particular moonless night in May came largely because too many American officials had been briefed on the plan. U.S. officials feared if it leaked to the press, bin Laden would disappear for another decade.

Too may officials had been briefed! Wait, what??
Who did they think would leak it?
Why did they brief all those people?
Was someone threatening to expose the plan??

What do you folks think??

edit on 18-5-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Some say Bin Laden died almost 10 years ago.....some say he died May 2011.....and some say he really is not dead at all.....that his supposed death is a coverup....and he is really still alive and being held somewhere...being questioned...and...the powers that be will keep him alive (for a while) to gather information.....then really kill him...

So...what is the real truth?.....I wish I knew for sure.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Why bother releasing the photos as everyone on here will just say they are fakes anyways. Hell they could put the body on display in the smithsonian and most on this site wouldn't be convinced.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by CayceFan

Speculating...No
Spreading BS...yes - how did you miss this?

This is why we can never get reliable info
edit on 17-5-2011 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

I didn't miss anything.

What is why "you" cant get "reliable" information, the fact that you cant distinguish between fact and opinion?

(No reply necessary those were rhetorical questions)
edit on 18-5-2011 by CayceFan because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2011 by CayceFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Because it will be used as propaganda.

HOWEVER!!!! If U.S Taxpayer dollars were used to build the helicopter, payroll the SEALS, buy the guns/bullets and pay for the camera used to take the picture then yes... the US taxpayer deserves to see it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
maybe because it's not true they killed osama who knows the government are always hiding things from us.

top topics

join