It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Gets Ready to Vote on New Worldwide War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Received this e-mail today from [email protected] / Laura W. Murphy, ACLU

Last week, despite an outcry from concerned citizens, the House Armed Services Committee moved one frightening step closer to passing a new law for a worldwide war without end.

Outrageously, there have been no hearings on this new legislation, nor has its necessity been explained by Rep. Buck McKeon or anyone else in Congress.

More than 25,000 ACLU supporters took action to oppose this dangerous stealth provision in the huge Defense authorization bill. The worldwide war legislation was drafted by President George Bush's team back in 2008, but now is being jammed through Congress with no debate.

The bill will move to the full House for a vote as early as next week. But right now, members of Congress are at home in their districts.

That's why we must ramp up the pressure, making sure they know we won't tolerate Congress giving any president a blank check for declaring war.

You need to contact your representative.
Alert your Facebook friends.
Write a letter to the editor.
Call your representative's district office.

This worldwide war bill could end up being the single biggest ceding of unchecked war authority to the executive branch in modern American history. And they're trying to sneak it through without a single hearing.

That's why we must swing into action while House members are in their home districts. You can help by alerting your friends about this issue, writing a letter to the editor, or calling your representative's district office to express alarm about this dangerous measure sneaking through the House.

It's outrageous that, just as the majority of Americans eagerly await the ramping down of our efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan, Congress is acting under the cover of darkness to pass a new law for a worldwide war.

We're going to have to keep working to make sure this stealth provision never becomes the law of the land. Please do as much as you can this week and remain alert in the days ahead.

Because Freedom Cannot protect itself.

So we've bailed out the banks and big financial companies, and now we're going to hand over a blank check to the military.........................okay folks how many of you don't have a job? How many of you have lost your home or will in the future? How are your medical benefits?

Again, we have got to kick the large corporations and individuals that are profitting from the war machine out of our governments bed and having our tax money being used to shed yet more blood in the name of freedom (but really oil & cheap labor).

Google who your rep is or contact ACLU and take action.

If you turn your back on this in apathy, you deserve exactly what you get.

We as a country are going broke because of the wars, outsourcing of American Jobs and in short, our government having being bought out by an elite handful of war mongers.

Everyone is always complaining about the situation our planet is in, now it's time to put our foot down and demand the people be heard.

edit on 17-5-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This type of bs really disgusts me, not only the fact that they think they can fool people into passing this by hiding it in this bill, but that they will succeed in the majority of the population that wont have any idea what the hell they are voting for.

Oh well one step closer to 1/3 population being wiped out. We can't live forever and we all have to go someday, they are just speeding up the process.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Posted already here

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Intresting, but not illegal nor unconstitutional. The ability to declare war rests with Congress, and as such Congress can delegate that authority (as they did the the FED, and we know how that worked).

I am not sure if there would be any injuries to the seperation of powers or not.

The President is Commander in Chief, and as such can dierct the military to take action. Congress's check is 2 fold. They can refuse to declare war (or authorize a use of force, insert other terms here), and they can refuse to fund the troops, essentially forcing the pentagon to bring troops home since they cant pay for it.

Personally speaking, I think this is a bad idea. I would prefer our branches of Government hold each other accountible, and the American people should hold Congress accountible.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bdizzl3

Star for your post.

I e-mailed my State Congressional Rep last night and was mad as heck.

He opened and read my e-mail at 1:35 AM................I got a return receipt to be sure.

Now, if you're mad enough, do something, anything.................write or phone your Congressional leader(s).

Tell them NO MORE WAR FUNDING........................We need to heal America not keep funding the military.

We need jobs, good affordable medical care for everyone, to stop bailing out the banks and big corporations, to stop invading other countries under the guise of freedom and terror (I believe 911 was a false flag operation in order to manipulate the American People by fear into funding yet more money to the military). 911 and Iraq was done for O.I.L. and possibly advance technology (Research Star Gate of Aden).

So much going on behind the scenes, the people or ? behind the curtain are real manipulators.

Everyone thinks smuggly they are so smart but the guy shuffling the cards has the house advantage.........and your odds of winning are little to none unless you stop playing their game.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I see no source to review the information you've listed so therefore can't comment on it.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is at the same time the Republicans just voted to keep --- WELFARE -- going for BIG OIL. The next time I have to listen to some dumb c*** bitch about mothers needing foodstamps and an "able bodied" guy getting SSDI, I am going to hunt you down and beat you up.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Okay so let's keep funneling more money into the military war machine while we are losing jobs, whole cities (Flint and Detroit Michigan come to mind) are now ghost towns.

We have no real good affordable healthcare..............only industrialized nation not to............now research the medical and retirement package your Senator and Congress Person has. Who is working for who?

Our taxing system sucks pure and simple.............totally unfair.

Now, start researching, just do the work, put down your ipod, xbox, romance novel, remote control and read up on who the companies are that have profitted (handsomely) from war.

War is a racket. War is terrorism with a bigger budget pure and simple.

NO - I don't want my tax money used to kill other people.....................we need jobs, medical care, housing for Americans not more money going to the war machine.

God, doesn't mankind ever learn?

Don't you see how you've been manipulated by fear?

We cannot be the policemen of the world.

Again, simply research who profits from war.................we are now a country run by the large corporations and military not for and by the people.

If enough of you yahoos don't wake the muck up.............we will end up either financial bankrupt and or on the verge of a WWIII.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There are always companies that profit during wartime. If the army uses goods than the company that produces those goods will profit...been that way since the American Revolution.

Some of you just don't get how things work.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yup, the 'global war on terror' is a BOGUS LIE perp--etrated by demon possessed psychopath perverts.
You can take that to the bank.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Tell this to all the dead terrorists.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
There are always companies that profit during wartime. If the army uses goods than the company that produces those goods will profit...been that way since the American Revolution.

Don't be so naive.
We know who owns those companies that profit with highly inflated prices and "no tender' contracts..
It's all money for mates...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by kro32

Don't be so naive.
We know who owns those companies that profit with highly inflated prices and "no tender' contracts..
It's all money for mates...

It's not being naive it is just simply a fact. There will always be people who profit from war in fact I would challenge you to find me one war that wasn't partly based on economics along with whatever other reason there is for the conflict.

Would you prefer that the government takes over private industry in times of war so that no one can profit? I really don't see what solution everyone is offering to this supposed problem.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I sure do hope that Obama and all the others are re-elected so they can save us from ourselves.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Obama is nothing but a Neocon warhawk Republican-lite CIA Manchurian candidate.

I just don't know how any American citizen with an IQ over 50, could vote for a Republican or a Democrat. I like ron Paul, but Jesse Ventura said to him, "I can't run with you under -Republican-". It's a shell game. They keep and keep and keep and keep doing IT to us.

A "terrorist" is a rare, rare, entity. Mostly there are -dissodents- who fight against invading Imperialists with guerilla tactics, like those teddy bear creatures against the Stormtroopers in Star Wars VI: Return Of The Jedi.

And if you don't like that example, then, George Washington and his Revolutionaries against the British Redcoats.
edit on 18-5-2011 by simone50m because: edit.

new topics

top topics

join