It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 reasons to vote for Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Vote Ron Paul, so our country can have:

20. An authentic 1776 type of American as president.
19. A leader who stands for Constitutional principles
18. Friendship and open trade with North Korea, Russia, Iran, Cuba, Palestine, China, Pakistan.
17. Friendship with both Israel and Palestine
16. Peace in the Arab world by stopping foreign military interventions
15. An end to the patriot act
14. A president that for once understands clearly the economic issues that are threatening the economy
13. A military that will be lead by someone who understands foreign policy and has military experience
12. No more Czars
11. More business through less legislation
10. Get out of NAFTA and any type of international legislation that infringes upon the Constitution
9. End the trillions of dollars being printed every year
8. Allow zombie banks to fail
7. Reinstatement of the gold standard
6. Reinstatement of the fourth amendment and constitution
5. Allow opt-outs of entitlement programs
4. End the drug war
3. Allow states to protect the border
2. End the foreign wars
1. End the IRS

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm not from USA but I really hope that guy gets a chance, I've heard so much about him but obviously not in the mass media which is pretty obvious why.

The only problem I can see if he gets elected is how long will he stay alive for? Can he change it all by himself with so many lobbyists and corruption? He will have a LOT of work to do and I'm not sure 1 term will cut it.

I really hope this guy gets it!
edit on 17-5-2011 by Swizzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm Canadian and I already think that if I was American I would vote for him in the future.

If there is an evil global elite in charge, he either a) will not win the election due to it being rigged b) will not win because the americans still don't understand how phony politics are c) Be assasinated by the elite when he does not fill the role of Elitest "puppet".

my $0.02

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I know nothing about RP, are these really his ideas / platform ?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It will take more than just one generation to turn things around. Electing Ron Paul will not be the end of corrupt government, just the beginning of the end. We need to elect more Libertarians into all government offices. Eventually, I believe, the 2 party system can be overthrown or at least we can clip both wings.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Yes, exactly.

You think you would hear about someone with such ideals..sadly all of our media outlets are ran by puppeteers.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

From listening to him speak I can say this list coincides with his philosophy. It's an unofficial list of course, but nothing conflicts with his general principles. If you have any doubts ask me about a specific one and I'll clarify for you.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
He will get my vote if he runs!!!

Though I feel those in charge will not want him as President, because he would not be another stupid puppet taking orders on the phone and would instead do what is right for the people of this country.
The presidents are pre-determined and the campaigns/races/voting is all for show for the American people, to make it feel like they have a voice in what happens in our country.

Sad times, indeed.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

I don't want that. They favored slavery and did not want a democracy but a republic where you had to be a landholder and male and white to vote. Most of them didn't want women educated. The 1776 document didn't protect free speech or freedom of religion. It didn't have the right to bear arms (those were both amendments passed 10 years later.) It didn't have the right to a speedy trial, and they favored floggings, public hangings, and prison for anyone who had debts (this wouldn't go over well with any credit card owner.)

You probably wouldn't have liked the 1776 presidential nomination procedure (almost nobody but the elite got to vote) No term limits for Congress or the President (someone suggested that Washington be President For Life, which would have been legal there.)

No. No thank you. There's a reason those amendments were made:
en.wikipedia.org...

Did you ever ask yourself, "Which ones"? The original ones that didn't include the amendments? A version that includes only the amendments he likes? From the list you're giving, I wonder if your source ever read the Constitution.

We can agree on that -- but it's not enough to make me vote for him.

14. A president that for once understands clearly the economic issues that are threatening the economy

I don't think he does. The thing is, he was here in Texas when the Hunt brothers cornered the silver market and showed how dangerous the "back to silver and gold" idea was (the Hunts ended up with most of the silver, and the price of silver went through the roof.) I don't think he paid attention.

He hasn't done much for Texas, and I still remember the very hateful, John Birch type material he used to publish. It was absolutely "true" to the ideas in 1776 (when you could legally sell someone if they owed you money) but I'd rather have a more modern take on citizens rights and justice.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

I don't want that. They favored slavery and did not want a democracy but a republic where you had to be a landholder and male and white to vote. Most of them didn't want women educated. The 1776 document didn't protect free speech or freedom of religion. It didn't have the right to bear arms (those were both amendments passed 10 years later.) It didn't have the right to a speedy trial, and they favored floggings, public hangings, and prison for anyone who had debts (this wouldn't go over well with any credit card owner.)

You probably wouldn't have liked the 1776 presidential nomination procedure (almost nobody but the elite got to vote) No term limits for Congress or the President (someone suggested that Washington be President For Life, which would have been legal there.)

No. No thank you. There's a reason those amendments were made:
en.wikipedia.org...

I do want that, and most of us do, because of the philosophy of a "1776 type". One who is willing to do what they have to in order to throw off the yoke of tyranny. One who will stand up for what they believe is right for themselves and their countrymen and even take up arms against their own government for freedom and liberty.

The founders of America were flawed; nobody can deny that. The author of the Declaration of Independence owned as many as 500 slaves in this lifetime. Benjamin Franklin, at the time of his death, owned 2 slaves and though he loved them as much as he loved his own family, he refused to free them.

But Ron Paul is not about to own a slave, or take away women's rights, or undermine freedom of speech or religion, and everyone knows that. What he is willing to do is to fight for freedom and liberty of an entire country, not just for the sake of a few elites.

Did you ever ask yourself, "Which ones"? The original ones that didn't include the amendments? A version that includes only the amendments he likes? From the list you're giving, I wonder if your source ever read the Constitution.

Perhaps you should read up a bit more on Dr. Paul. I think that a person that has said many times that he doesn't personally abhors abortion but would not get in the way of it as a right has probably read the Constitution. A person that has defended the 1st, 2nd, 3rd..actually all of the amendments. And probably knows more about it than you do.

I don't think he does. The thing is, he was here in Texas when the Hunt brothers cornered the silver market and showed how dangerous the "back to silver and gold" idea was (the Hunts ended up with most of the silver, and the price of silver went through the roof.) I don't think he paid attention.

He had been a congressman for all of a year. You're going to ding him for being new? I'm glad you've never been a freshman at anything or you'd suffer from introspection.

He hasn't done much for Texas, and I still remember the very hateful, John Birch type material he used to publish. It was absolutely "true" to the ideas in 1776 (when you could legally sell someone if they owed you money) but I'd rather have a more modern take on citizens rights and justice.

More modern take on citizens rights? You really have zero knowledge of his current platform. The words are on you avatar, man.

/TOA

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Concerning #20: Did it ever occur to you that society was primitive, including legal slave ownership, not because of the founders of America but because of the British system of rule over the colonies? I recall that shortly after the revolutionary war, many northern states abolished slavery, almost immediately after the revolutionary war. Vermont abolished slavery in 1777, one year after the signing of the declaration of independence. Each state had a different view on slavery, which was the intention of the 13 original colonies to each have their own voice, not be lorded over by an empire a thousand miles away. So don't you think the conditions of women were also part of the British system of rule and not those of the Americans who were trying to break away from the tyranny of the British crown?

The laws were meant for each state to create, and many state constitutions did include basic civil liberties like the right to a fair trial, since that was again one of the main reasons for the revolutionary war. Some states were very religious oriented in their laws, something I would not have enjoyed, but that was the beauty of the idea of separate colonies, each with their own laws. Washington was given the chance to be president for life, but he DECLINED, only someone who does not lust for power would do such a thing. Again, an example of a 1776 personality.

The amendments were added because the entire articles of confederation was scrapped and the debate between the federalists and anti-federalists took over.

19. Ron Paul is for the entire bill of rights, the first ten amendments. If you are suggesting he would pick and choose among these ten that is not true. Your previous statement said

The 1776 document didn't protect free speech or freedom of religion. It didn't have the right to bear arms (those were both amendments passed 10 years later.) It didn't have the right to a speedy trial,

Are you suggesting Ron Paul would not uphold freedom of speech? or the second amendment? Or the fourth? Every indication suggests he would uphold these liberties.

I can tell you though one amendment Ron Paul would be against: the 16th.

I take it you are okay with reason 18,17,16? Peace with all nations. Even if it is just those reasons, aren't those enough to like Ron Paul? Even if you disagree with everything else?

edit on 18-5-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have my Party prejudices for sure, but at this point, someone who says, "We are DONE with foreign meddling and the bogus global war on terror" (And anymore pre emptive attacks) has got my attention!!!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
the most profound and important thing that he will end is the war on drugs
legalize the lot tax it and and create jobs and cut back the billions a year it cost to inforce
it and the thousands of inmates in jail for drug related crimes not meaning let out the crazy
pushers that use violence but the people just trying to survive
to be arrested and told dealing drugs is no excuse GET A JOB
yea right find me one and ill have it no hesitation
edit on 18-5-2011 by EDL2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I supported Ron Paul, who I consider a true statesman, the last time around, and will do so this time, as well.

I enjoyed the following 2-part video, spoken from the heart, from just a regular, everyday person. He said this is for those who don't necessarily support Ron Paul (sorry, I don't know how to embed):

My personal endorsement for Dr. Ron Paul in 2012. Pt. 1
www.youtube.com...

Part 2:
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I watch videos of Ron Paul daily and do a lot of research on him. I've never voted in my life, Ron Paul cured of of that. I just donated to his campaign and will be voting for him. I would take a bullet for this man, some of his speeches/videos have almost brought me to tears. He's the only candidate that could honestly fix this country and make her whole once again.

Ron Paul has awakened me, Ron Paul 2012!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by abilitiy
I watch videos of Ron Paul daily and do a lot of research on him. I've never voted in my life, Ron Paul cured of of that. I just donated to his campaign and will be voting for him. I would take a bullet for this man, some of his speeches/videos have almost brought me to tears. He's the only candidate that could honestly fix this country and make her whole once again.

Ron Paul has awakened me, Ron Paul 2012!

Me too....Me too.

This guy will get my vote again, just as he did in 2008.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Agreed. After seeing your other thread about Obama (20 reasons...), I felt I should give a warning to Dr. Paul fans.

Ron Paul is a campaign of freedom, positivity, and love of liberty. Negativity has no place among his ranks. I say this because I want him to succeed. Time and time again, it is his supporters that almost lose me as a voter and is still what keeps me from announcing to family and friends that I support him. His being so misunderstood is not just the media's fault; the supporters lend to the confusion too.

I so often see the same people who support his positive message turn around and say something in very poor taste about the very people we need to butter up in order for him to win. Hatred and negativity has no place in his ranks. I guess my warning (more like a tip) for Dr. Paul's crew wold be is this: You gain more flies with honey than you do with ranting against the "liberals".

ps - OP, I understand that your other thread was in jest and was, indeed, funny. It simply reminded me say something.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by abilitiy
He's the only candidate that could honestly fix this country and make her whole once again.

More so the only one with the monetary value to run,

it's ignorant to say he is the 'Only One' that can fix this country,

If he got elected would you believe he is merely a Puppet like the presidents before him? or would he be the one to 'Break The Strings'?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
He blew his chance to become President the day before he made his official announcement to run.
That was the same day he came across as an Osama Bin Laden sympathizer.
Classic bone head move no matter how you look at it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

18. Friendship and open trade with North Korea, Russia, Iran, Cuba, Palestine, China, Pakistan.
17. Friendship with both Israel and Palestine
16. Peace in the Arab world by stopping foreign military interventions
13. A military that will be lead by someone who understands foreign policy and has military experience
12. No more Czars
11. More business through less legislation
10. Get out of NAFTA and any type of international legislation that infringes upon the Constitution
9. End the trillions of dollars being printed every year
8. Allow zombie banks to fail
7. Reinstatement of the gold standard
6. Reinstatement of the fourth amendment and constitution
5. Allow opt-outs of entitlement programs
4. End the drug war
3. Allow states to protect the border
2. End the foreign wars
1. End the IRS

sorry but I lost all faith in Ron after the last fiasco he had to go thru, TPTB ALREADY have who they want in .. just have to run google data and see the results

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join