It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous: Online vigilantism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Anonymous: Online vigilantism

www.news10.net

"There is no membership. You can't join the club. You can't sign up." said Ryan Singel, staff writer for WIRED magazine. "There are just a couple of places they hang out online and if you want to say you're part of anon then you're part of anon."

Anonymous also claimed the service disruptions for VISA and Pay Pal when those two companies refused to process donations to WikiLeaks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Those two anons in the video uses the handle "Trivette" the guy in blue and "sin" the femanon. Both have been in AnonOps long enough to know what their talking about.

The interview is really nothing that *important* so to say but at least the interviewers did an effort to go to our IRC and ask someone to be interviewed rather than get someone who doesn't know a thing about Anonymous and just want's to get interviewed with a Guy Fawkes mask. I'm also glad they didn't interview BarrettBrown lol.

www.news10.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I totally agree in the good of the Anon. Really it is actually a lot of people, this could be the beginning of a new political movement eventually if we really wanted to.

Get my drift?
Peace Me

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Great report I must say, thank you for sharing.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkofCain

Thanks for the vid

S$F
edit on 17-5-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Great post OP!

S&F

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Sorry but if you needed this article to understand anonymous you shouldn't be on the internet.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

Define "Anonymous"?

KGO

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I understand the allure and 'romantic' inclination to support Anonymous. But I have misgivings about relying on criminal conduct to correct what is wrong with the world.

It represents a failure at multiple levels.

Plus it engenders the kind of repression and oppression that it purports to reject. The more successful Anonymous becomes, the more tightly those they oppose will circle the wagons; and I fear neither party will suffer the consequences more than the bystanders.

All war is hell, virtual or otherwise.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

A collective of newfags, oldfags, script kiddies, and people with actual technical knowledge who can perform "hacks".

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by d00d557

A collective of newfags, oldfags, script kiddies, and people with actual technical knowledge who can perform "hacks".

You get it. I find all of this talk about Anonymous, frankly, amusing. There are some who have built this completely fabricated mythology about about how dangerous and cool they are. Anonymous is a bunch of users from a certain imageboard that happen to have decided that they want to make some noise. It's not a shady collective, it's a bunch of internet users trolling bigger and bigger targets, with the occasional good cause tossed in for good measure.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
They're passionate and they're tech savvy. I think we have yet to witness their full potential.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaching

They're passionate and they're tech savvy. I think we have yet to witness their full potential.

OR they are shills for the Powers That Be.

Look at the top of your page guys and what do you see????

The Constitution gives us the power of free speech ... well sort of. But TPTB wants to REAL free speech.

In 1917 JP Morgan bought control of the major newspapers. TPTB funds Universities.

Then look at peaceful protest, another "right" protected by the Constitution and stripped from us. I KNOW the MSM showed film footage of a riot on my College campus, a riot that never happen but a story broadcast nationwide. Agent Provocateur have been Caught Red Handed Attempting To Incite Violence. So what do we find? You have to have a blasted permit to protest and the protestors must stay in the "Free Speech Zone" well away from the action!

Now an excuse is needed to clamp down on the internet and "Anonymous" is providing it.....

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I gotta say no.

People who could even claim Anon are TPTB just now heard of them this year and get zero internet points. Yeah sure there could be random people claiming to be Anon who are disinfo, and yes TPTB will try to use Anon against freedom of the internet, but Anon is Not TPTB.

top topics

join