It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany may cut off US intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Germany may cut off US intelligence

rt.com

Following an incident where a German citizen was killed in Afghanistan last year, Germany is re-evaluating the amount and content of information it provides to the US intelligence community.
Germany’s Interior Minister has stopped passing information to the US that could lead to nay potential harm of German citizens, according a report by Germany’s Der Spiegel.
An attack in October by US forces killed three alleged Taliban Islamist in the border region of Waziristan. One of these men was later discovered to be German citizen Bünyamin E.
Following the incident Germany is reassessing h
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here is some good news coming out of Germany. It is due time to cut off the covert operations and covert intelligence unit of the machine man that is policing the world.

If the information Germany provides the U.S puts German citizens at risk then they should have every right to re-assess their position with U.S intelligence.

In addition, German courts are investigating possible charges against the CIA, US Secret Service for aiding and abiding in the murder of a German citizen. The accused suppliers of the intelligence which led to the murder are Germany’s Secret Service, the BND, which is also under investigation for criminal charges in the incident.
By law, any death of a German national by violent means, at home or abroad, must be investigated by German authorities.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-5-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

The 1st Armored Div came home last Friday after 40 years in Germany....we are trying to get away from them every day...this is just more crap

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Did anyone ever stop to ask why that person was in the immediate vicinity of those terrorists? That is not an exactly good region to be in to begin with, so, consorting with the enemy...maybe?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If you read the linked article you will see that he was already a suspected terrorist, and was suspected of participating in an attack...Even if he was a German citizen, that doesn't mean he cannot be a terrorist. I am sure nothing will come of the investigation, although I have no clue what result this will have on German-American intelligence cooperation.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Didn't work too good in WWII. I don't think we need their permission to get their intelligence.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

It’s called Casualties of War get over it!

Can you imagine what the casualties numbers in the bush led war on Iraq was...I stopped at 200,000?

Can you imagine the casualties numbers on the Palestine people when they get cut off from food and medicine from ‘Israel’ as well as the bombs being dropped on them...and their worried about 1 freaking German citizen.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Sensationalist claptrap -

By law, any death of a German national by violent means, at home or abroad, must be investigated by German authorities.

so it's a routine and requierd investigation into why he died - there's no actual expression of outrage anywhere in the arricle, and I bet dollars to a knob of goat dung they'll find no reason to change a thing since the system seems to have worked perfectly well.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Look through my posting history and you will see I am not just worried about one German citizen. I am not even discussing the death I am discussing American - German relations.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Look through my posting history and you will see I am not just worried about one German citizen. I am not even discussing the death I am discussing American - German relations.

TextAn attack in October by US forces killed three alleged Taliban Islamist in the border region of Waziristan. One of these men was later discovered to be German citizen Bünyamin E.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Sorry ,wrong thread.
edit on 17-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

i want to see the alleged die spiegel article - thats infered , but not cited

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Not all to surprising. These last few years Germany has been trying to increase it's stance in Eastern European nations and with Russia, while distancing itself from Western Europe and the USA.

new topics

top topics

join