It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bin Laden died of disease in 2006" – former CIA agent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

rt.com

Osama Bin Laden cheated the gallows and died five years before US security forces officially announced he was killed, says a former CIA agent, currently living in Turkey.
“I knew Bin Laden’s Chechen guards very well,” Berkan Yashar, himself an ethnic Chechen, told the Russian TV station, Channel One.
“Samy, Ayub and Mahmud were with him right to the end. I remember well this date as there were three sixes in it – June 26, 2006. Those three men, as well as two Muslims from London and two from the US saw Bin Laden dead.He was seriously ill before his death. He faded away to skin and
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I apologise if this has been previously posted. A search has yielded no results thus far.

I am not sure of the legitamacy of this man, however according to the article he went to the Russian news agency Russia Today to report this as he was scared for his life due to recent developments.

It would be good if we could get a verification from another news source that isn't sourcing RT.

rt.com

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Is RT a good source in your opinion of them?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

RT often provides interesting analysis and information from a different perspective, however they are often biased against the West. They are often selective in the information they present and often present information that others wouldn't such as conspiracy theories.

However many things RT posts should be taken with a grain of salt. I personally like the debates they have on shows such as CrossTalk and so forth, they will give time to those who are regarded as radical and this often enlightens the viewer. I wouldn't use it as the only source of information though.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
With no independent verification, and no other sources for this news, I'm hesitant to give this one much credence. Besides, there's plenty of evidence to suggest that he died in the bombing of Kabul in late 2001.

TheBorg

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The interesting with with OBLs death is that instead of just "uknown" people turning up with info that goes against the masses but quite a handful of Military or CIA agents have come forward now.

As far as I'm aware none of not many have been debunked as "fakers", not on here anyway and this forum is pretty quick at debunking.

So....don't we have enough data now to surely say he didnt get killed in a raid in 2011?

On the other hand, I bet the US knew it would get confronted by conspiracy theorists, as does pretty much any topic today. So maybe this time they tried harder to create disinfo to keep us wasting our time?

I mean that would be the ultimate trickery. Since we always want proof of where these sources of info come from, their profession and history etc it could be possible that the USA (which ever intelligence agency, my guess would be the CIA or NSA) creates these "high profile" whistle blowers?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This sounds much more believable to me! Everyone assumed this was the case, even the previous administration assumed he was dead from disease. The fact that the story of the raid changed so many times in the initial days, and the body was dumped before it could be verified, is all too suspicious.

Plus, OBL being killed within weeks of the Birth Certificate release is just too coincidental. After 10 years of searching for him and 2 years of searching for the BC, they both pop up within a few days?

I could care less what the press ever reports, and the masses will believe what masses believe, but as for me, this was all a political stunt.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This sounds much more believable to me! Everyone assumed this was the case, even the previous administration assumed he was dead from disease. The fact that the story of the raid changed so many times in the initial days, and the body was dumped before it could be verified, is all too suspicious.

Plus, OBL being killed within weeks of the Birth Certificate release is just too coincidental. After 10 years of searching for him and 2 years of searching for the BC, they both pop up within a few days?

I could care less what the press ever reports, and the masses will believe what masses believe, but as for me, this was all a political stunt.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The whole OBL operation stinks to high hell; the U.S. government is taking propaganda to a whole new level and will do whatever they deem necessary as long as it furthers their agenda.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
if I was on the run, I'd have my bodyguards tell nosy CIA agents lots of things.....now all he needs to do is provide a DNA match, facial recognition match, and have bin ladens daughter, son, wife, AQ, the taliban, hamas and hezbollah corroborate his story

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

rt.com

Osama Bin Laden cheated the gallows and died five years before US security forces officially announced he was killed, says a former CIA agent, currently living in Turkey.
“I knew Bin Laden’s Chechen guards very well,” Berkan Yashar, himself an ethnic Chechen, told the Russian TV station, Channel One.
“Samy, Ayub and Mahmud were with him right to the end. I remember well this date as there were three sixes in it – June 26, 2006. Those three men, as well as two Muslims from London and two from the US saw Bin Laden dead.He was seriously ill before his death. He faded away to skin and

comments deleted due to bordom on this subject...sorry,im on to new and better topics.
out with the old ,in with the new.
'CHANGE' YES WE CAN !
edit on 17-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
by my calculations, Bin Laden has already
had 3 different lives.

His first life ended in the Tora Bora Mtns in 2001.

Then a resurrected Bin Laden with facial
reconstruction surfaced later to be killed
by Mullah Omar in Northern Pakistan in

then another Bin Laden was resurrected
without facial reconstruction (always a side view)
to be killed in a raid in Pakistan 2 weeks
ago.

So this agent must be referring to his 2nd life
in which Mullah Omar was the disease.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I already posted this about 2 weeks ago........This news was from Dec 26th 2001.....

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

As far as I'm aware none of not many have been debunked as "fakers", not on here anyway and this forum is pretty quick at debunking.

Yeah, but the problem is, bin Laden can only have died once....so someone isn't being truthful. My bet is that he died in 2001. But there's someone who claims 2002, now a 2006, and 2011.....LOL.....I guess OBL has nine lives like a cat.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Tby my calculations, Bin Laden has already had 3 different lives. ext

Yup.....to date, he's been blown up, murdered by an assassin, succumbed to kidney failure, and been shot to death by the U.S. Navy SEALS....

I do believe we are dealing with Ironman, people.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

This can be analyzed from a different perspective, that the trust towards US government has diminished to points of no return. The confusion which exist right now is evident of the mistrust, even American citizens are concerned. To go further I would like to mention how the 'search engine' key words for 'Osama not dead', spiked just after the announcement of the operation which in Washington words killed him

The spike was not just around the world, but also within US, in certain states it was much higher than other.
"Yahoo has been tracking a spike in searches for "osama bin laden not dead," "osama bin laden still alive," and "bin laden not dead." Searches were concentrated among men in Oregon, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Indiana, and New Jersey. In Iran, the semi-official Mehr news agency declared, "The death of Osama is a lie," according to Reuters."
Source

Here are some other spikes:
-On Yahoo! searches for Osama Bin Laden spiked 98,550% Sunday

-Searches for September 11th spiked 1009% Sunday on Yahoo!

-President Bush searches are spiking 302% on Yahoo!

-People are very curious for details from Pakistan. Searches for “Pakistan Map” are spiking 2594% and “Pakistan News” are spiking 610% on Yahoo!.

Then we have these:
-There is interest on Yahoo! in how this news will impact President Obama’s approval rating. Searches are up 119%

Off the chart searches:
- 911 Attack

- 911 Conspiracy

- Obama Speech/Address

The age of those searching is also interesting:
-25% of searches on Yahoo! for “Osama Bin Laden” are coming from those under 24. We are also seeing searches spike for “who was Osama Bin Laden” on Yahoo!

edit on 18-5-2011 by confreak because: highlight and italic

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

RT isn't an original source. I watched an interview myself.

www.1tv.ru...

Use google toolbar translator or something to translate into English.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This is completly rediculous!
With the amount of confirmed OBL death'S by CIA, exCIA or other inside source's we will never know the truth!
This is a horrible game they play!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
strange how the MSN haven't picked up on this story!!!!

top topics

join