It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony has offered up five free games for PS3, Thanks anonymous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Due to the recent scandal, Sony has decided to finally give out two of five free games to everyone with a playstation network account.

LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, WipeOut HD/Fury, Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty and Dead Nation.

Anyone with a PlayStation Network account will be able to download up to two of the five games listed above. You'll also get 30 days free PlayStation membership, or - if you're already a member - 60 days. PSP owners will also get to choose two games from the following list: LittleBigPlanet, ModNation, Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation.

If you're a Music Unlimited subscriber you'll get a free 30 days too. There's even something being planned for virtual world PlayStation Home too, but Sony hasn't announced details on that yet. You'll be able to claim your goodies, part of Sony's Welcome Back program, as soon as the PlayStation Store is back up and working.

Although most of the other online features came back online on Sunday afternoon the store didn't and it may be until the end of the month until it returns.

Source

Once the store is up you've got 30 days, (A little advice create more than one account and download all the games).

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Notice the 2nd rate games offered?

That's no apology, it's a slap in the face and a sales tactic.

But at least Anonymous proved that something can be done.

I'll give them one for LBP.

edit on 17-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
im confused the ps3 people dont get the games only the psp

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I will definitely be taking InFamous

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What was anonymous trying to prove???

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

No... PSP users will get games too but different ones from what ps3 users will get. Does it say anything about limiting people with multiple PSN accounts? Because, I have 3 accounts, and if there's no limits i can get all 5 games on my system then lol...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well I never buy anything from the ps network, So I gladly accept the apology! I prefer to pay by cash

tamenie: There should be a ps3 games as well. I haven't been on my console in a while and I'm not sure if the PS store is back online yet.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by blackhawk420

I have three accounts, US, UK and Japanese and I've never been restricted from downloading content on any of them.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blackhawk420

haha took me a reread i got thrown off with the listing of the psp games stupid me and yes i dont ever pay for anything on the ps network so free games well thats awsome

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What is better than Free!?!? Whoop! Wtheck is little big planet?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I wasn't expecting any kind of compensation, so I kindly accept anything they want to throw my way.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
reply to post by jude11

What was anonymous trying to prove???

IMO, Anonymous was trying to prove that Sony has no proof and was using them to cover up their own problems.

I was always curious as to why Anonymous would even do this. It doesn't seem to be their agenda. And as a rule (normally) people like to take credit for their talent and skills. Anonymous has always denied the charges so there was no gain.

Not even as simple as making a stand.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Dead Nation and InFamous! Although these games are practically worthless at this moment in time.

How about they take back their garbage games and give us C.O.D modern warfare 3 when it comes out!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
double post
edit on 17-5-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Dead nation has online gameplay. So since quite a lot of people will end up getting that game it could become popular.

EDIT:
They should give us socom 4 instead!!!!
edit on 5/17/2011 by blackhawk420 because: adding a line

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

how the heck I get an account in japan?!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by showintail

create a new user on the playstation.
List your country of residence as Japan.
Done!

Beware you need to use another email address and everything will be in Japanese in the PS store and PS home after this. Well for this user only.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If you don't want it in Japanese, then make the accounts under the residence of Canada, US, UK, or Australia so you end up having it in English.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the info! Ill be downloading my free games today and for my PSP as well

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is a token offering to reduce the number of wrongful death lawsuits that are no doubt coming from the families of those that died because they didn't have access to the Play Station Network.

top topics

join