It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone been bitten by a Spider?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

All spiders are poisonous that's how they kill their prey, just most either don't have enough venom to kill a human, or their mouths are not big enough to lay in a full ounce of venom in the human body. That being said if your immune system is seriously impaired do to illness, and or you are allergic serious consequences can happen. Give you an example if you are bitten by say a Brown Recluse spider, a small pin hole size white dot will appear on the spot, this will then quickly with in 48 hours start to puss and inflame, after that the dot will turn black and the skin around it will begin to die (Necrosis), leading to horrible things if you do not seek medical help. Including the flesh becoming infected and literally falling off to the bone. Let's just say you do not want to see pictures of this stuff, I don't mean to scare you because these are rare cases. Most spider bites are just fine depending on your immune effectiveness, just keep an eye on it. An easy way to find out if it is a bite at all check to see if you can see two small pin pricks through a magnified glass. It could be something as simple as a boil or pimple, if you have been sick these can develop in the strangest places, including the crotch not to get too graphic. Hope that helps a bit.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Alternative Treatment for a Spider Bite.
Charles has access to a whole alternative clinic with various tinctures, scalpels and even ozone.
OK, he has a poison filled pustule, which he sterilizes with alcohol based tinctures, and cuts out the poison (not really that alternative), and since it's on his foot it makes self-treatment easier.
(I'd like to see him treat his own butt.)

I just recalled a lot of spider bite stories I'd forgotten.
This one guy who used to paint for some house-mates of mine said he'd joined a Rastafarian community in the former Transkei (a very rural area, and former tribal reserve).
His spider bite was so bad he lay in a hut for days, often hallucinating.
He swore a traditional healer (sangoma) visited him eventually and gave him herbal medicines, and he was cured in a day!
Well, I wouldn't discount that - I suppose tribal people have been living with spider bites for thousands of years.

edit on 20-5-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
i never,we'd better leave the spider away,most people can not distinguish the noxious ones and nontoxic ones.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join