It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone been bitten by a Spider?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by brindle

This is on topic in health and wellness. Maybe you need to lay off the beer and offer some constructive thoughts, or at least drop the plebe attitude or the non-benefit of your smartassitude?
You sure had a constructive thought there huh?I quote go see a doctor.You sure are a genius master.Who would have ever thought of such a great idea.The problem with that is the poster was seeking out a home remedy,which i gave 2.I gave peroxide,and apply mud to the area.But i guees 2 proven remedies to be beneficial doesnt beat your idea.Oh, thats right,you didnt have any remedy at all.You only interjected trash talk ,with no input.Keep up the great work
edit on 17-5-2011 by brindle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

reply to post by brindle

This is on topic in health and wellness. Maybe you need to lay off the beer and offer some constructive thoughts, or at least drop the plebe attitude or the non-benefit of your smartassitude?
I am sorry my thoughts are not up to your standards supreme one.I will try to rewire my brain as to meet your level of genius.Understand please,that you are one of the chosen ones on earth.Not many can compare to you on a mental level master.

I know. Thank you for publicly recognizing my superiority. There may be hope for you yet after the Betty Ford Clinic.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by brindle

I am sorry my thoughts are not up to your standards supreme one.I will try to rewire my brain as to meet your level of genius.Understand please,that you are one of the chosen ones on earth.Not many can compare to you on a mental level master.

I know. Thank you for publicly recognizing my superiority. There may be hope for you yet after the Betty Ford Clinic.
There may be hope for you at the reading clinic.This thread is titled"has anyone been bitten by a spider".I have,and offered 2 remedies that worked.You werent and offered nothing to the thread whatsoever.GOOD WORK SKIPPY

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

reply to post by brindle

You sure had a constructive thought there huh?I quote go see a doctor.You sure are a genius master.Who would have ever thought of such a great idea.The problem with that is the poster was seeking out a home remedy,which i gave 2.I gave peroxide,and apply mud to the area.But i guees 2 proven remedies to be beneficial doesnt beat your idea.Oh, thats right,you didnt have any remedy at all.You only interjected trash talk ,with no input.Keep up the great work
edit on 17-5-2011 by brindle because: (no reason given)

Want to show evidence on your "proven" remedies? By this time the neurotoxin is well beneath the surface and not going to be affected by topical means. If I came across as a " genius ", you came across as a sniping punk.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh off topic,stupid me,much apologies master.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If you were realling bitten by a black widow, you wouldn't have been able to write your OP.
Also you are hiv-pos?? Spider bite should be the least of your concern!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Buffalo Soldier

The "button spider" is indeed a relative of the American Black Widow and the Australian red back.
(Pics in my link on previous page).
There are about 5 local species (4 black ones usually found outdoor and an indoor brown one).
It's the most common spider-bite in SA, and the symptoms vary considerably, a lot of them requiring no treatment (depending on the bite and species, or the sensitivity of the person).
However, it could be another spider, some of whom don't have a noticeable bite at first.

I don't understand the point on HIV at all.
Are you saying people living with HIV should ignore spider bites?

To the contrary, any secondary complication like a spider bite is especially crucial to HIV-positive people.
A very bizarre statement.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Have you tried googling Spider Bite pics to get an idea of what you have. Here's a link.
[Warning: Graphic Pics]
S pider Bite Images
While many spider bites are extremely harmful whether you're HIV pos or not, this affliction will make it harder to recover should this be an actual bite. If the swelling increases or if the color darkens further, I'd seek medical attention.

Good Luck.

edit on 18-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
spiders are just about the only thing on this earth that creep me out more than anything else. Give me RATS, SNAKES...Sharks...maggots..anything else...but spiders. ewwwwww......

I was bitten by a little spider when I was about 11. The same thing happen to me a few days later. A spot came up on my arm that looked like a little tiny blister. My parents took me to the emergency room but the doc said it looked fine and I didn't need any kind of treatment. It took about 2 weeks longer than a mosquito bite to go away.

I would def. see a doc because like others have said, it maybe something worse. If those little boogers weren't so beneficial I would terminate them all...bawahhhaaaaaaaaaaa.

Some poster showed an article on a violin spider..never heard them called that. We call those brown recluse and they are very common here. I am always cautious when going through cardboard storage boxes because they LOVE hiding in stuff. Never seen a black widow (thank the stars) I would probably pass out.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Find some antibiotics, Stat!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
For the first time this year I've seen black widows in my place.. two of them, one of which I was able to eliminate .. the other got away! it definitely makes sleeping a bit more of a frightening experience..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I've been bitten by non-poisonous spiders and the wound sounds like what the original post describes. Keep it clean, it should heal ok.
I know two people who've been bitten by a brown recluse, aka a violin spider. One was bitten on the hand, spent almost a month in the hospital, and they wanted to cut off his thumb, which he refused. He ended up being readmitted for three more weeks. he lost his job and without insurance, his home.
The other was a neighbor. She poured colloidal silver on a non-stick gauze pad and wrapped her arm in saran wrap and didn't touch it for a week (she a friend who's a doctor monitor the situation). She rewrapped it with CS and kept doing that for a few weeks. It turrned into a dark spot on her arm, but she never got sick.
The ionic properties of colloidal silver neutalizes the poison. Now, years later, she has a small round scar that's barely noticable.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
To the original poster,
Read the 1st 2 pages and cannot read anymore. Soory if someone beat me to this.
Triple action anti-biotic ointment is the usual remedy for mild toxic spider bites.(Raw unheated honey is my personal fav as it is antiseptic in nature and promotes healthy skin.Burns like methyalade)
A serious spider bite will usually track and seep. Red stripes originating from the bite.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100

Some poster showed an article on a violin spider..never heard them called that. We call those brown recluse and they are very common here. I am always cautious when going through cardboard storage boxes because they LOVE hiding in stuff. Never seen a black widow (thank the stars) I would probably pass out.
The Brown Recluse,also called the Fiddleback due to the Fiddle shaped mark on its back,is sometimes referred to as the "violin" spider....fiddles and violins are similar.....Just FYI
edit on 5/18/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wednesday was the municipal election public holiday, where only emergency staff is available, and they charge double.
Thursday all the doctors we called were totally booked (probably because winter has started and standing in election lines has spread the flu).
I used the peroxide, which helped a bit, and the sore opened, but as it looked better a new sore formed.
Red stripes were also visible around the dark red "teat".

Well, the doctor said it was indeed a spider bite, but as some correctly pointed out the bite was not severe, but it had developed a bacterial infection.
Especially for HIV-poz people any sore should be treated as if it was already infected.
It would not have gone away on its own. I was given antibiotic pills for 5 days (to be repeated if necessary) and an antibiotic cream called Bactroban.

Thanks for everyone's advice!

At least now I can relax, because some of those spider bite images looked seriously scary!
It's certainly a topic we should continue exploring, because it indeed seems like invasive species of arachnids are broadening their ranges and hopping across continents.
Unfortunately the exact species couldn't be pinpointed at this stage, but it was probably a juvenile or small species of the "button spider".
edit on 20-5-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If i get bit,i just bite the flesh off and guaze pad it up with some alcohol.It heals up in a few months

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Well, that may well work, especially in a survival or SHTF situation.
I guess it's about getting the poison out, and preventing that lump of puss forming.
In fact the doctor said if the meds don't help in 5 days, he's going to open it.
Although in some cases it may a take a while to notice what it is.
One would have to be pretty agile to bite around one's own thigh (unless one has a really good friend - and human bites are not sterile).
I suppose there's many ways to do things, but considering my immune-compromised position, I didn't want to mess about.
I must say though that the peroxide helped when I was stuck, and I think it reduced the infection at a crucial point, and it would have been much worse without it.
So thanks for that tip.
And rubbing it on with cotton wool did not stain my clothes.

The doc said that it's quite common on the thigh, because that's where smaller spiders get squashed against the skin while dressing.
Another common area is the buttocks, when people on camping trips relieve themselves in the bush.
Those are the bigger spiders, and it must be quite a nightmare for the lone hiker, especially as he can't see the affected area. Ouch!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Youtube - mom's spider bite on neck (posters said it's either black widow or brown recluse)

However, I'm seeing material now from the US which shows "staph" or MSRA infection, which looks almost identical.
I've never heard about this here at all, although considering the poor state of the hospitals it must be very common?
I doubt the doctor would even know what it is.
Is there a quick way of telling spider bites from staph?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Joe Bruni: First Aid for Spider Bites:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join