It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone been bitten by a Spider?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
When I was bit by a black widow on my thumb, I soaked it in hot, hot epsom salt water, and then peroxide. It took a coubple of days but it dried up and scabbed up nicely.

Good luck....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
To:Ladyinwaiting...sorry...a Widow bite cant be handled by anti-bios....maybe if rot sets in but the venom is neurotoxic and needs antivenin....beeen there,done that...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Sounds like you may have been bitten by a brown recluse spider. The bite will become very infected and painful if so. Take a look at this video and if it looks like what this guy has I would go to a doctor.

Yes, that bump looks mighty familiar.
Not exactly the same as this man, but I do see similarities.
Thanks for that.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Sounds like you didnt get the venom..a dry bite...you are lucky

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by brindle

Well the main spider that is poisonous, and that I've seen outside, is our "knopie spinnekop" (Afrikaans for button spider). See pics:
www.mieliestronk.com...
However, I'm starting to think we are getting a proliferation of various species, especially as our borders, harbors and airports are fairly lax. I mean, reading more on this lady above who passed away from the Violin Spider bite - that was completely out of its range.

In winter, and especially when it rains we have one or two rain spiders inside.
They are huge - one could put them on a leech and take them for a crawl.
But they are totally harmless.

We have a very clean home, and no cobwebs.
When I discussed this sore with my mum earlier she thinks it must have happened down at the local pub.
Well where-ever, I certainly didn't feel the bite and woke up with this sore.
Now I used the mirror and saw two disticnt bumps - typical of the button spider (black widow/red back?).
Some people say they hardly feel it, and others get major complications - I'm not sure which way I'm going.
Because it covers my right thigh (feels a bit like a slight cigarette burn right now) putting peroxide on it will ruin my clothes and it's cold.
edit on 17-5-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)
Really,your clothes will get ruined if you pour hydrogen peroxide on them?I suggest pouring a bottle of jameson whiskey on the whole area,that way you can lap the remains off of everything

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

No jokes, but Sunday I actually put some Tequila on it.
I thought peroxide stained?
I used it to bleach my hair about a decade ago.
Not really familiar with it otherwise.

For now I've just decided to leave it, because whatever I do seems uncertain in outcome, and the position is a problem when wearing pants. Can one bandage with peroxide?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is good. Gives symptoms, photo's and treatment for the Black Widow and the Brown Recluse. According to this, if you had gotten venom, you would likely have muscle cramps and vomiting by now, at least from the BW.
Anyway, a danger apparently is getting an infection in the bite itself, so suck it up and put something on it! One must take care of oneself, methinks.

www.calpoison.org...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The peroxide will do its thing in about 30 seconds,then wipe it off

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
This is good. Gives symptoms, photo's and treatment for the Black Widow and the Brown Recluse. According to this, if you had gotten venom, you would likely have muscle cramps and vomiting by now, at least from the BW.
Anyway, a danger apparently is getting an infection in the bite itself, so suck it up and put something on it! One must take care of oneself, methinks.

www.calpoison.org...
Yea, do we look like a bunch of crybabies around here?We clean up the wound,pound down some shots of liquor,and move on to the next adventure dammit,this isnt sunday school.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Get it checked out. A suppressed immune system trying to deal with a neurotoxin from a possible Widow bite is not something predictable. You've seen what a few non-venomous bacteria can do with your knee being HIV pos; get it checked out immediately.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Also, it could be a bite from the dreaded mosquito maximus.If this is the case,you may endure extreme itching until you sober up in the morning

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

OK, I just put on the Peroxide - 40 percent.
Hope it helps - because I saw it's going some interesting colors.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If you were bitten by the mosquito maximus,there may be more around.They wont bite you if you pour heineken beer all over your body.Also, after pouring the beer over yourself,go to the bar and sing some karoake.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

I wish, and I hope so.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If the peroxide turns white,it means you were bitten by the dreaded mosquito maximus.Pour beer all over your body to help.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Since when is it a crime to go to pub, and since when does this mean one is totally drunk and pours out bottles of spirits over oneself?
I dabbed my fingers on the Tequila bottle and put some on, and later Tea Tree Oil and Sudocrem.
I tried everything I was familiar with to make it go away.
And now a tried some peroxide from my parents.
However till now there is no narrative here that claims peroxide actually helps - only if you use it for days or weeks.

edit on 17-5-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Rub mud all over the area,it will detoxify the area,good luck skippy

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Thank you very much.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

This is on topic in health and wellness. Maybe you need to lay off the beer and offer some constructive thoughts, or at least drop the plebe attitude or the non-benefit of your smartassitude?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by brindle

This is on topic in health and wellness. Maybe you need to lay off the beer and offer some constructive thoughts, or at least drop the plebe attitude or the non-benefit of your smartassitude?
I am sorry my thoughts are not up to your standards supreme one.I will try to rewire my brain as to meet your level of genius.Understand please,that you are one of the chosen ones on earth.Not many can compare to you on a mental level master.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join