It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert Map - How Does It Work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
K so I've recently become accustomed to Alert Map and I see all sorts of "Biological Hazard", "Epidemic Hazard", "Technological Disaster", and so on and so forth, but what do they MEAN? They don't give you an explanation of what happened, or how. There's one "Biological Hazard" RIGHT NOW in Ohio by the Nuclear Plant and I live in Windsor, right across from Lake Eerie. WTF?

hisz.rsoe.hu...
edit on 17-5-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: added link

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Its not accurate....its open to the public to upload the events so you will soon see some really weird things going on....like shark attacks in new york city etc

Ive seen stuff that hasnt happened on there....ive looked at their site for the past couple of years, over time you too will see that the stuff on there isnt always accurate

edit on 17-5-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It works, so they hope, by making you FEAR.......so don't give it a second thought......you'll be alright....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Ha... I used to think the same thing. If you click on the disaster icon on the map, a window pops up with a "Details" option that you click on. You are then brought to another window that offers some stats, but if you click on "Event Description" above the stats, it offers a better description as to what is happening.

I hope that helps!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeyBones

Interesting, thanks a lot!

Thanks for the info loves a conspiracy, I'll keep that in mind the next time something pops up!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Here is what the Event Description says for Ohio Biological Hazard.

Wildlife researchers want to know what's killing thousands of walleye in Lake Erie that have been washing up on beaches along its western shore. It's a big concern for anglers who come from across the Midwest and beyond to catch the lake's most popular sport fish. The best guess is that the die-off can be blamed on natural causes stemming from the stress of spawning and the cold, stormy spring, said Roger Knight, Lake Erie fisheries program manager for the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Situation Update

Ohio Department of Natural Resources biologist Roger Knight says it looks like the worst might be over. He thinks the walleye might be dying from the stresses of spawning combined with all of the cold, stormy weather this spring. Knight also says the fish have a greater risk of getting sick from natural diseases after spawning. The walleye is Lake Erie's most popular sport fish and draws anglers from across the Midwest and beyond. Knight says he doubts the die-off will have any lingering effect on the lake's walleye population.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

new topics

top topics

join