It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geo-engineering/Chemtrail forum - success or failure?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves
reply to post by adeclerk

it's just disappointing to me that the "chemtrail" aspect of this forum promotes so much ignorance of basic science and meteorology (not to mention psychology, ever notice how "chemtrailers" exhibit confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance?).

Well that is your opinion. And you have a right to your opinion just as others have a right to their opinions. I have never seen any proof that chemtrails are always just contrails.

That is because you cannot prove a negative. There is, however, mounds of evidence to support that there is nothing in our skies but contrails. You continually ignore this evidence.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

If you think this topic should be removed, why are you here commenting on it day in and day out? You've never proven your case that chemtrails don't exist. You seem to just base your belief that they don't exist in the fact that there are contrails. We know there are contrails. I don't care for sports but I am not going to go to that forum and call the people who like sports names. I am not going to go and tell them they are wasting their time watching sports. They like it! So to them it is an important topic. I have to wonder about somebody that spends so much time every day on something they think is unimportant.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

There is, however, mounds of evidence to support that there is nothing in our skies but contrails. You continually ignore this evidence.

I think you are ignoring the evidence that chemtrails do, in fact exist. Do you know what chaff is? Do you think it is just a byproduct of jet fuel? Or do you think it is sprayed out separately?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

There is, however, mounds of evidence to support that there is nothing in our skies but contrails. You continually ignore this evidence.

I think you are ignoring the evidence that chemtrails do, in fact exist. Do you know what chaff is? Do you think it is just a byproduct of jet fuel? Or do you think it is sprayed out separately?

I do know what chaff is, please read that link. Chaff is only released from military jets as a countermeasure. Why do you think passenger jets would be dropping metal pellets that apparently never hit the ground?

As for the sports comment, I don't care for sports either, however those who watch or enjoy sports are doing just that, they aren't denying basic science and meteorlogy just to watch a game.

ETA: Where is the evidence that airliners are dropping chaff, exactly? I think I may have missed it in my research!
edit on 5/18/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

As for the sports comment, I don't care for sports either, however those who watch or enjoy sports are doing just that, they aren't denying basic science and meteorlogy just to watch a game.

That is only your opinion that people who say chemtrails exist are ignoring basic science and meteorology. There is a lot of proof that what is coming out of planes is not just normal things that are in contrails. Chaff was merely one example of what does not normally come out of a jet. You acknowledge that chaff exists so right there you are acknowledging that not everything that comes out of a jet is just a normal contrail. I might add, that chaff is not particularly healthy and it has been released over the US not just in war zones.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

That is only your opinion that people who say chemtrails exist are ignoring basic science and meteorology. There is a lot of proof that what is coming out of planes is not just normal things that are in contrails. Chaff was merely one example of what does not normally come out of a jet. You acknowledge that chaff exists so right there you are acknowledging that not everything that comes out of a jet is just a normal contrail. I might add, that chaff is not particularly healthy and it has been released over the US not just in war zones.

Again, you fall short on the "evidence". Where is the evidence that chaff is continuously being released from airplanes, thereby causing "chemtrails"?

Surely a mechanic would have come forward about loading chaff on a passenger jet? Surely Aloysius would have noticed while he was servicing airplanes? Surely someone would be able to get a photograph of a jet liner releasing chaff, or a picture with a telephoto lens of an airliner outfitted with chaff pods?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Where is the evidence that chaff is continuously being released from airplanes, thereby causing "chemtrails"?

Where did I say chaff is continuously being released from airplanes, thereby causing chemtrails?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Where is the evidence that chaff is continuously being released from airplanes, thereby causing "chemtrails"?

Where did I say chaff is continuously being released from airplanes, thereby causing chemtrails?

You are using chaff as an example of evidence for "chemtrails" when it is not[. So far you have only been able to grasp at straws. Please, enlighten me on the "chemtrail" phenomenon, since you seem to have the answers.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You didn't answer my question. Where did I say that or even imply that?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You didn't answer my question. Where did I say that or even imply that?

You made the implication when you brought chaff up as evidence for "chemtrails". If you could show me some real evidence and explain the whole "chemtrail" thing, that would be great. Don't be like the other chemies, and when asked for actual evidence start asking for me to prove a negative (you already did that, anyway).

So again, evidence?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You made the implication when you brought chaff up as evidence for "chemtrails".

No! You completely turned my words around. Is that your tactic when you have nothing? And again with the stupid "chemies" name. Very childish on your part.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You see, here you have stated that I am ignoring the evidence for "chemtrails". You go on to ask me if I know what chaff is (it is a military countermeasure used on fighter jets, I explained that to you). No, it is not a byproduct of jet fuel, and yes it is released from chaff pods on military jets.

How or why you are trying to relate this to "chemtrails", I haven't the faintest clue.

You made the implication when you brought chaff up as evidence for "chemtrails".

No! You completely turned my words around. Is that your tactic when you have nothing?

Where did I turn your words around, exactly? You may want to see above.

As for having nothing, I can link you to some threads where there is plenty of evidence against "chemtrails", or just have a read on contrail science.

So once again I'll ask,
Have any evidence?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
You have a strong opinion about chemtrails. You don't believe in them. So you want the topic to be relegated to 'hoax', or some other forum, despite the fact that there are millions of people all over the globe who believe this and continue to gather information and research it..

It seems simple, you don't personally believe it so you want to change the forum for it on ATS to fit YOUR view.

I disagree.

edit on 18-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
You have a strong opinion about chemtrails.

Correct! I am annoyed that people can believe this hoax on absolutely no evidence.

You don't believe in them.

I don't take anything on faith alone. I need evidence.

So you want the topic to be relegated to 'hoax', or some other forum, despite the fact that there are millions of people all over the globe who believe this and continue to gather information and research it..

I doubt there are millions. If 200 million people believe that the Earth is flat, does that give the idea any validity? No sir. What information is being gathered? Who is researching this (any scientists?)?

It seems simple, you don't personally believe it so you want to change the forum for it on ATS to fit YOUR view.

No, rather I would like to deny the ignorance of "chemtrails" and Geo-Engineering being similar or even related. They aren't.

I disagree.

It's great that we have a world in which people are allowed to believe in baseless claims. Care to post any evidence here?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk

So you want the topic to be relegated to 'hoax', or some other forum, despite the fact that there are millions of people all over the globe who believe this and continue to gather information and research it..

I doubt there are millions. If 200 million people believe that the Earth is flat, does that give the idea any validity?

Indeed - see my sig!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You have a strong opinion about chemtrails.

Correct! I am annoyed that people can believe this hoax on absolutely no evidence.

You don't believe in them.

I don't take anything on faith alone. I need evidence.

I doubt there are millions. If 200 million people believe that the Earth is flat, does that give the idea any validity? No sir. What information is being gathered? Who is researching this (any scientists?)?

No, rather I would like to deny the ignorance of "chemtrails" and Geo-Engineering being similar or even related. They aren't.

I disagree.

It's great that we have a world in which people are allowed to believe in baseless claims. Care to post any evidence here?

Have a nice day.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Thank you for your civility! Most "chemtrailers", when asked to give evidence, request that the debunkers "prove a negative". I am, however, disappointed that you continue to keep your head in the sand and ignore evidence, instead going on faith that the "chemtrail" conspiracy exists. If your mind ever opens to the evidence, I'll be more than happy to link you.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Where did I turn your words around, exactly? You may want to see above.

This is exactly where you turned my words around...

There is a lot of proof that what is coming out of planes is not just normal things that are in contrails. Chaff was merely one example of what does not normally come out of a jet. You acknowledge that chaff exists so right there you are acknowledging that not everything that comes out of a jet is just a normal contrail.

That is what I said before you turned it around to this...

Again, you fall short on the "evidence". Where is the evidence that chaff is continuously being released from airplanes, thereby causing "chemtrails"?

I have been to the website contrail science numerous times over the years. Yup, there certainly are contrails, never said there weren't.

However, our government has not exactly been forthright with their use of the general population as guinea pigs. There is a l-o-n-g list of atrocities committed by the US government against it's citizens. Including how US citizens were secretly used as test subjects during the Cold War. Not to mention how the EPA told citizens in NYC just days after 9-11 that it was perfectly safe to go outside onto Wall Street because the air was safe to breathe.

Whoever controls the world's weather, controls the world.
I think anybody who thinks the major world players are not interested in altering the weather is very naive. I also think that anybody who thinks the experiments have not already begun is very naive.

I still find it very odd that some people will spend so much time trying to convince others that they are right and we are wrong...even to the point where they want to close down the discussion. If they don't like the discussion perhaps they should pick a different topic. Because personally, I take the air I breathe very seriously. I did not come here to constantly be called childish names or to have my words twisted by people who have their own agenda.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I am, however, disappointed that you continue to keep your head in the sand and ignore evidence, instead going on faith that the "chemtrail" conspiracy exists. If your mind ever opens to the evidence, I'll be more than happy to link you.

Oh, brother! Okay, I know that was not a comment to me, but really, how condescending do you have to be to people?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by wcitizen

Thank you for your civility! Most "chemtrailers", when asked to give evidence, request that the debunkers "prove a negative". I am, however, disappointed that you continue to keep your head in the sand and ignore evidence, instead going on faith that the "chemtrail" conspiracy exists. If your mind ever opens to the evidence, I'll be more than happy to link you.

You have an imagined assumption that I keep my head in the sand - that's because I don't see things the way you do, nor do I ignore evidence, nor do I base my beliefs on faith - life has taught me how unwise that is.

I don't discuss chemtrails on ATS any more, nor do I discuss 9/11 on ATS any more. It's like trying to discuss something in a noisy, rowdy bar with brawls going on all over the place.

I respect that your opinions are different from mine, and that you feel strongly about it. I have no wish to insult you by insinuating you are ignoring significant information or keeping your head in the sand. Simply, we are interpreting information differently. I hope you will offer me the same respect. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join