It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Detains 513 People Crammed Into Two US-Bound Trucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Mexico Detains 513 People Crammed Into Two US-Bound Trucks

www.myfoxny.com

TUXTLA GUTIERREZ, Mexico - Police on Tuesday detained 513 undocumented migrants from Latin America and Asia who were crammed into two trucks bound for the United States, prosecutors in southeast Mexico said.

Police stopped the trucks, carrying 240 and 273 people, on the outskirts of state capital Tuxtla Gutierrez early Tuesday, after they accelerated through a vehicle scanner at a police checkpoint, the statement said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This story really creates mixed emotions in my because of the conflicting points of view. If I was poor, in need of a job and a better life, I would darn well cross any border to achieve the three S's:

Shelter Sustenance Security, which is exactly what illegal immigrants seek (mostly).

On the otherhand millions of American tax payer dollars are funding the security, safety, and handling of thousands of illegal immigrants trying to take our jobs in order to make a somewhat decent living. Anyways let me know what you guys think.

www.myfoxny.com

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

Give it 6 months when TSHTF and they'll all be cramming to get the hell out of here

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by Elsek

Give it 6 months when TSHTF and they'll all be cramming to get the hell out of here

and I'll be in there with them....lol...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by Elsek

and I'll be in there with them....lol...

I'm leaving early to beat the rush.
I hate crowds.
edit on 17-5-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

See I don't think there should be borders but free rain for all. Maybe this will advance Human kind globally. Problem is, is that I want local governments rather that a one world government, so it kind of clashes because to have a local government you must have territories which have boarders.
edit on 17-5-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek

....illegal immigrants trying to take our jobs in order to make a somewhat decent living.

www.myfoxny.com

I am by no mean favoring for the illegal immigrants but when I hear people say how they are here stealing our jobs it just makes me chuckle. They almost ALWAYS work on jobs that nobody wants.
Do you want to go pick beans out in the hot summer sun all day long?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by innocenttdreams

Originally posted by Elsek

....illegal immigrants trying to take our jobs in order to make a somewhat decent living.

www.myfoxny.com

I am by no mean favoring for the illegal immigrants but when I hear people say how they are here stealing our jobs it just makes me chuckle. They almost ALWAYS work on jobs that nobody wants.
Do you want to go pick beans out in the hot summer sun all day long?

You've got to be kidding me! The illegals are well over the bean picking stage. They are in many areas of the workforce. Every time ICE deports thousands of illegals, citizens quickly take those positions. It has been proven over and over again! Illegals are in factories, construction, roofing, and many other areas. They have driven wages down and many businesses have had to close because they cannot compete with companies who hire illegals for substandard wages. Illegals are displacing our citizens in the workforce and this is neither fair nor right.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

There is something that should be noticed in all of this:

The migrants, from Latin America, Japan, China, India and Nepal, "were traveling in inhuman conditions" in the southeastern state of Chiapas, near the Guatemalan border, the local attorney general's office said in a statement.

Notice how Mexico detained non-Mexicans. If those trucks were full of Mexicans, I highly doubt the Mexican government would do anything about it. Mexico has a strict illegal alien policy but at the same time lobbies for a loose American illegal immigrant policy.

If only the U.S. would follow the example of Mexican immigration enforcement....

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vikus

Very good point I was surprised to see that in the article. Also the conditions must have been horrid, just think about all the children dragged into this mess.

new topics

top topics

join