Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

a question about appetites

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
OK so Lately I haven't had an appetite at all until it gets dark outside, and even then when i try to swallow food i can feel myself gagging, so i try to drink ensures now but that doesn't seem to help, as i am slowly losing weight and its bad enough that Ive never been at a healthy weight. Is there anything I can do to stop this? I feel myself becoming weaker and weaker, and I refuse to go to a hospital, I cannot afford 3 thousand dollar bill for them doing absolutely nothing. BTW i apologize if this is in the wrong spot, I cant find below topsecret.
edit on 17-5-2011 by reesie45 because: forgot to add something




posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45
 


Have you been checked for Diabetes and Thyroid function?

By the way, what is "Ensures"?



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You should go to the doctors. This is how I felt before I found out my kidneys were giving out due to high blood pressure. Get a blood test at the very least.



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
OK so Lately I haven't had an appetite at all until it gets dark outside, and even then when i try to swallow food i can feel myself gagging, so i try to drink ensures now but that doesn't seem to help, as i am slowly losing weight and its bad enough that Ive never been at a healthy weight. Is there anything I can do to stop this? I feel myself becoming weaker and weaker




Originally posted by hhcore
You should go to the doctors. This is how I felt before I found out my kidneys were giving out due to high blood pressure. Get a blood test at the very least.



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27
reply to post by reesie45
 


Have you been checked for Diabetes and Thyroid function?

By the way, what is "Ensures"?
No, I haven't been to a doctor in over 2 years it seems. And ensure is supposed to be like a meal replacement drink, to maintain to gain a healthy weight.


Originally posted by hhcore
You should go to the doctors. This is how I felt before I found out my kidneys were giving out due to high blood pressure. Get a blood test at the very least.
If my kidneys are giving out what can be the causes?



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45
 


If your constantly tired, no appetite and losing weight, then you need to seek medical advice as soon as possible.......those symptoms could be indicating something very serious!



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by reesie45
 


If your constantly tired, no appetite and losing weight, then you need to seek medical advice as soon as possible.......those symptoms could be indicating something very serious!
I know, But its hard when you have no insurance, I might have to go to this clinic in town. I just figured id ask here first, I trust you guys more than anyone else, lol.



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45
 





I know, But its hard when you have no insurance, I might have to go to this clinic in town. I just figured id ask here first, I trust you guys more than anyone else, lol.



I have no idea how the health service works in the US.......If you have no insurance can you not get any medical care at all?



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by reesie45
 





I know, But its hard when you have no insurance, I might have to go to this clinic in town. I just figured id ask here first, I trust you guys more than anyone else, lol.



I have no idea how the health service works in the US.......If you have no insurance can you not get any medical care at all?
Nope, unless you go to a crappy cheapo clinic where you can make small payments every now and then. ITs really sad and depressing, I want to move to Canada. I hear health-care is free there.



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45
 


Hey friend -

Hospital bills suck, but they definitely beat death (in my opinion). And, unless something has changed without my knowing, they cannot send hospital bills to outside collections, affect your credit, etc., as long as you are paying something monthly.

I paid off several thousand dollars for surgery at $50/month over several years. Of course, they'll try to tell you it doesn't meet their payment plans, requirements, etc., but legally they have to take it (I've heard even if just $5/month - would recommend doing some checking) without taking further action against you. Don't miss ANY monthly payments, but you should be able to use this as needed.

In the meantime - it sucks, but force some nutrition on yourself. Wasting away will do you no good - and get checked out soon!



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45
 


That's insane!
makes me feel very fortunate to live in the UK, our NHS service has it's problems, but at least all the healthcare is free.

Good luck.....make sure you get yourself checked out though, even if it is at the cheapo clinic!



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by reesie45
 


Hey friend -

Hospital bills suck, but they definitely beat death (in my opinion). And, unless something has changed without my knowing, they cannot send hospital bills to outside collections, affect your credit, etc., as long as you are paying something monthly.

I paid off several thousand dollars for surgery at $50/month over several years. Of course, they'll try to tell you it doesn't meet their payment plans, requirements, etc., but legally they have to take it (I've heard even if just $5/month - would recommend doing some checking) without taking further action against you. Don't miss ANY monthly payments, but you should be able to use this as needed.

In the meantime - it sucks, but force some nutrition on yourself. Wasting away will do you no good - and get checked out soon!
Thanks, yeah Im still paying off a bill monthly, so until that gets paid off I cant. I just forced myself to eat a slice of bread and butter. Its like anything that touches my tongue makes me gag. Even when I smoke a cigarette its the same thing. BLEH, I appreciate your replies though.



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45
 


!! I am not a doctor. You should see a nutritionist or dietician or some sort of health professional. There are cheap medical people you can see; the hospital is not the only route to health. With that said...

Don't drink Ensure. They are mostly sugar! Eating sugar will not help with your appetite.

The foods that most helped me recover after a severe illness were: lots of collard greens, organic eggs, and kefir.

The kefir has probiotic bacteria in it. Having a balanced flora of bacteria in your digestive tract is ESSENTIAL. Being malnourished and consuming processed sugar promotes the growth of fungus in your digestive tract - fungus competes with the "good" bacteria.

My appetite was non-existent, I had to force myself to eat and over the past 4 months it is nearly back to a healthy level. I am out of time, but I can provide more information if you like.

It may be worth googling a bit of information about "Candida" as it is common to have an overgrowth of this when digestion issues are your symptoms.



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by reesie45
 


That's insane!
makes me feel very fortunate to live in the UK, our NHS service has it's problems, but at least all the healthcare is free.

Good luck.....make sure you get yourself checked out though, even if it is at the cheapo clinic!
Hey its cool, thanks for your time bro.



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by reesie45
 


!! I am not a doctor. You should see a nutritionist or dietician or some sort of health professional. There are cheap medical people you can see; the hospital is not the only route to health. With that said...

Don't drink Ensure. They are mostly sugar! Eating sugar will not help with your appetite.

The foods that most helped me recover after a severe illness were: lots of collard greens, organic eggs, and kefir.

The kefir has probiotic bacteria in it. Having a balanced flora of bacteria in your digestive tract is ESSENTIAL. Being malnourished and consuming processed sugar promotes the growth of fungus in your digestive tract - fungus competes with the "good" bacteria.

My appetite was non-existent, I had to force myself to eat and over the past 4 months it is nearly back to a healthy level. I am out of time, but I can provide more information if you like.

It may be worth googling a bit of information about "Candida" as it is common to have an overgrowth of this when digestion issues are your symptoms.
oh wow, yeah post lots of info for me please, but i have to go to class now so ill be back on here later on. THANK YOU



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Make sure you drink water, and eat plain foods, at least bread or toast. Get some exercise if possible. Ive been sick myself, what started as a sore throat, it now feels like my chest has been ripped open, i've been in bed for the last two days, with nightmares like you wouldn't believe. There is some serious stuff going on, but I encourage you to stay strong and to keep fighting.



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by reesie45
 


Hey friend -

Hospital bills suck, but they definitely beat death (in my opinion). And, unless something has changed without my knowing, they cannot send hospital bills to outside collections, affect your credit, etc., as long as you are paying something monthly.

I paid off several thousand dollars for surgery at $50/month over several years. Of course, they'll try to tell you it doesn't meet their payment plans, requirements, etc., but legally they have to take it (I've heard even if just $5/month - would recommend doing some checking) without taking further action against you. Don't miss ANY monthly payments, but you should be able to use this as needed.

In the meantime - it sucks, but force some nutrition on yourself. Wasting away will do you no good - and get checked out soon!
Thanks, yeah Im still paying off a bill monthly, so until that gets paid off I cant. I just forced myself to eat a slice of bread and butter. Its like anything that touches my tongue makes me gag. Even when I smoke a cigarette its the same thing. BLEH, I appreciate your replies though.


This has happened to me at times in my life when I was extremely anxious and with everything that's going on in the world right now, I think a lot of us are generally anxious. Continuous anxiety can lead to an inability of the body to turn off the "fight or flight" mechanism and we naturally loss our appetite. The more we obsess over it, the greater the anxiety and the greater our adversion toward food.

OP, I'm going to be blunt because you asked for everyone's advice. I'll probably get blasted for it from others but I can deal with that. What I said above is based on my own personal experience. I'm not a doctor and there could, very well, be something medical going on here. It shouldn't make a difference if you're already paying off other medical bills and this sounds like a rather lame excuse to me, especially when you mention the cigs you're finding the money to pay for. You need to get your priorities straight and get yourself to the clinic.

Timidgal



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I don't know about where you are but it's been super humid where I live. Humidity always makes my appetite leave in short order.

I'm not sure why this but I think I'll look it up.



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Please go see a medical professional. It is not advised to seek medical help from strangers on the internet.



posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
OK so Lately I haven't had an appetite at all until it gets dark outside, and even then when i try to swallow food i can feel myself gagging, so i try to drink ensures now but that doesn't seem to help, as i am slowly losing weight and its bad enough that Ive never been at a healthy weight. Is there anything I can do to stop this? I feel myself becoming weaker and weaker, and I refuse to go to a hospital, I cannot afford 3 thousand dollar bill for them doing absolutely nothing. BTW i apologize if this is in the wrong spot, I cant find below topsecret.
edit on 17-5-2011 by reesie45 because: forgot to add something


I can understand why you don't want to go to the clinic,and pay for what may be a false diagnosis.

Our health care is free here, but you wouldn't believe how many times the docs get it wrong. Even with famous celebs,who get the best doctors. Oprah ,went to multiple doctors for a problem she had,and it was an audience member who told her she looked like she had thyroid problems and to get her thyroid checked out. Low and behold,when she specifically asked the docs to check that, it was the problem.

Micheal Douglas is another example of misdiagnosis , he went to countless doctors for his throat cancer before finally getting it diagnosed correctly.

Very sad to say,but it happens more than we realize, in all walks of life.

I would suggest doing some research yourself online about some of the symptoms you are having,and hopefully you'll get some clues. i still suggest seeing a doc though, but I am so sorry if you may have to pay for a bad diagnosis.

Very best of luck to you, and hopefully it goes away soon.





new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join