It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police service 'hated' by government, officers told

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk

A senior police official has told officers that government ministers "hate the police service".

John Giblin also said the government wanted to "destroy" the service "in order to rebuild it again, but in their image".

During his speech Mr Giblin, the sergeants committee chairman, also said that policing was entering "a period of doom, gloom and despondency".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This country may as well start using the Swastika as its national flag!!!

A government run police force has to be unthinkable. I do not even want to imagine the amount of jumped up laws that would be made and enforced overnight..
It's bad enough as it is, but the government demands results.

With all the hassle the police have caused, have been accused of and 'caught in the act of doing' it's no surprise that the added redundancies and cuts are having a major effect on the officers.

One of the biggest cases recently has to be this;
Ian Tomlinson unlawfully killed by Pc at G20 protests

Just the other day I heard on the radio that certain forces were making officers redundant only to ask them to come back as volunteers with no pay!!
Here's a link to a MSM story...
Forcibly retired police officers invited to return as volunteers

It makes me wonder if the police force is being systemically destroyed in order for a new government run force to take its place.

This would possibly bring about one of the worst upheavals of the legal system since the black shirts of WW2 Nazi Germany..

Not only does the police force have to take all manner of attacks from the public, they have to fend off corrupt officers too and now as a final killing blow, they are having to defend against a government that 'hates' them..

Being shot by both sides is bad enough.. getting it from all three directions at once must surely be something else altogether.

The police and the government are servants of the public!!!
Both of whom seem to think that the public must do as the they say... but now the government wants total control!!!

This cannot come to pass..

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
hi thx for the thread,
it almost plays out like the 3 musketeers
they were disspanded and eventualy reformed
i think soon the army navy and airforce will think this way.
and thus so begins the civil war, but horribly boxed and labled terorist..

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Wow and we think the police are a little out of line as it is. I actually see this as a good thing. Maybe the police will finally wake up and realize that they are pawns, and will side with the people, in which they took an oath to serve.

Deebo
edit on 17-5-2011 by Deebo because: fix

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
We have known this was coming for years, but honestly I thought it would be the U.S. that did it first.
Hang on it will be a long and bumpy road ahead, I'm sure we will be following suit soon enough.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
No sympathy here.

The Police see every single 'Blue Boy' as superior to all 'Maggots'. Reap and sow springs to mind.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Agreed, I will tell you that I know for a fact that not all cops agree with some laws and not all are asleep.
They are a valued asset for sure.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Maybe the police will finally wake up and realize that they are pawns, and will side with the people, in which they took an oath to serve.

And that is about the ONLY good thing that will come of this... Yet there is always a 'but', and this one is that many officers will sign up to the new government force in order to keep a wage coming in.. Many will blindly follow.

Yes, there will be those officers who see the light and will stand up for what they believe.. I'm sure there are many like that currently serving already..

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

It's been happening in the US gradually over the past 20 years.

Rather than the fed coming in and wiping out all local PD's to instate a fed force the fed has manipulated local PD's all over the country militarizing them and instilling a mindless "grunt" skull smashing sort of mentality.

Until recently the smaller municipalities were still free from the bulk of this manipulation but as more military personnel return home they are getting picked up as cops in these small towns and spreading the brute force us v. them mentality by virtue of military "cool-guy" clique pressure and the departments are eating it up.

In 5 years time I've seen at least a half dozen small, crime-free towns go from Andy Griffith style policing to armored vehicles, black uniforms and shaved heads.

This is by design.

The us v. them gap is growing wider every year and it's showing up where it never was everyday.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yes I have seen it too.
You are right in all regards.
I just expected the U.S. to Officially flip first.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
hmm...yeah,that makes sense,all criminals hate cops.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Look like there is a mini war going on between the government and the police.
Today, the 18th, the BBC reports on how the police feel the government is seeking revenge!!

Ministers are seeking "revenge" on the police for foiled attempts to reform pay in 1993, the Police Federation of England and Wales' chairman is to say. Budget cuts are hitting police numbers and those remaining face a pay freeze and changes to allowances and pensions. Paul McKeever will tell delegates at the federation's annual conference in Bournemouth that the plans amount to "be kind to criminals, kick a cop".

www.bbc.co.uk...

A divide appears to be growing between these two groups, just like there is a divide between the rich and the poor, and this may begin to spiral so far down that 'the last straw' may break in a way that we thought not possible.

I can see the police going on strike. Not just for better pay, but to stop the cuts, the forced redundancies and much more.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The last 3 paragraphs on here are interesting. A deputy mayor swapping seats to be a crime comissioner.
Also on the link they talk about funding and recruitment freeze. I wander if Boris johnson lifted the freeze because of his deputy's new seat swapping.

Deputy Mayor Kit Malthouse will assume control of a new office, the Mayor's Office of Police and Crime, in place of the Metropolitan Police Authority by October 1. He will effectively become the country's first police and crime commissioner, with elections expected to take place for other forces in May 2012. Senior officers have been battling to save hundreds of millions of pounds from the Met's £3.6 billion budget as Government ministers demand savings. Labour member John Biggs, chair of the budget committee, said there appeared to be "more severe cuts from next year onwards". He pointed out the cuts would bite after the mayoral election, due to take place on May 3, and the London Olympic Games next year.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Gets more interesting this deputy mayor turning new comissioner for crime was an accountant for a large international company.

www.mpa.gov.uk...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Police hated by goverment? Government MP has a good point on this one. I found this while researching for another post and decided to put a link here.

John Glen MP has urged the Government to repeal the word "insulting" from Section 5 of the Public Order Act. His comments came during a Parliamentary debate on the Protection of Freedoms Bill on 1 March 2011.

John Glen MP calls for action on Section 5

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well what I've seen from UK the police themselves are doing quite a fine job at kicking their own asses. Maybe the PM has a point?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hope this comes to fruition asap. My family has a security related business & almost on a daily basis have some sort of interaction with the police. You get a few decent officers, but they are far, far, far outweighed by the rest. If they aren't incompetent, they are either corrupt or just plain lazy.

A couple of weeks ago, 4 polish guys in the middle of a packed city centre at 4:30pm, chased 2 girls & tried to take them into an alley. 2 cops were standing on the other side of the street & even with the girls screaming for help, they stood & watched. They only came over once a dozen guys came out from the local pub. They came over, told the guys to mind their business& were letting the poles walk away. They only finally arrested them (on breach of the peace) when one of them walked up to the cop's face & done a w#nking sign right in his face.

I know 2 of them who stop pretty girls & tell them they are looking for someone who matches their description in connection with a robbery/asault etc, etc. They say the girl has to provide them with their details there & then or else they have to come down to the station.

I've seen them come over to a guy. Push him in the chest, give him cheek & provoke the guy into a response. They then arrest him on breach of the peace. All for the simple reason that they hated the soccer team that the guy happened to be wearing.

I know of an instance where 3 little neds smashed up a BMW. They guy got in from work, discovered his car & phoned the police. The officer told him to go & ask his neighbours if there was any witnesses. The guy said it wasn't his job to do this & was promptly told it was a waste of their time to come out. The important thing that held them up from coming out....in the back of the station playing a snooker competition.

That isn't even the tip of the iceberg. The feckers should be ripped down & rebuilt from the ground up!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7thcavtrooper
hmm...yeah,that makes sense,all criminals hate cops.

Very good and I agree S for you sir.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Wish I'd found this earlier! Seems like you're right on the ball.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

www.bbc.co.uk

A senior police official has told officers that government ministers "hate the police service".

John Giblin also said the government wanted to "destroy" the service "in order to rebuild it again, but in their image".

During his speech Mr Giblin, the sergeants committee chairman, also said that policing was entering "a period of doom, gloom and despondency".

The government have been attacking the coppers ways since the 1950s. Common Purpose and all the other insidious ones that now eat away at them from within. Cops are good usually, but their masters are bad to the bone.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Deebo

Agreed, I will tell you that I know for a fact that not all cops agree with some laws and not all are asleep.
They are a valued asset for sure.

Yeah I agree with that, once they drop the robocop ways there is a person behind it and they will actually ditch the bs 'statutes'.
I've also met some horrors as well though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join