It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Inside Area 51, the Secret Birthplace of the U2 Spy Plane

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If they had the flying insect-size aerial vehicle in the early 1970's, what the heck are they developing four decades later? There must be all kinds of advanced tech squirrelled away in these various bases.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

Prove the LA times wrong who called her a gifted Investigative journalist and did a story about how she is investigating Area 51, your political motives against her makes no sense. Nor is it part of the story sorry you are arguing against something that isn't even present, you haven't read the book either. Or how about the New York Times, and The Daily telegraph? Are you going to argue against what she has presented or just spew political ideology?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

Pop science did a report on that you may find interesting, www.popsci.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
A few of you may want to read the article more carefully, the only thing attributing Roswell 1947 to a Russian project is the Fox News picture caption.

The description of Annie Jacobsen's book mentions no such thing and looks like a good read for the more serious researchers in the UFOlogy crowd.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by krossfyter

Originally posted by Kram09
Did any of you bother to read the link?

Fox news isn't saying it, they are reporting what an author has written in a new book.

the national enquirer reports stuff from authors too. does it make it true?

Comparing FOX to the Onion and the Enquirer seems to be your agenda, we get it, you hate FOX blah blah blah. No relevance to the story.
FOX is not saying they created this story with their own investigators so can we move on to the fact that 70+ former employees say in a published work that there were no UFO's.

Uhh yeh because im the ONLY one who believes fox news puts out faux news right? I mean faux news is so honest right? No reason to be suspect of them at all right? I don't hate faux news... you got that wrong. I find them funny sometimes like a bad comedy special. I enjoy watching the warped reality they spew sometimes.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
A few of you may want to read the article more carefully, the only thing attributing Roswell 1947 to a Russian project is the Fox News picture caption.

The description of Annie Jacobsen's book mentions no such thing and looks like a good read for the more serious researchers in the UFOlogy crowd.

I hope they do study it, realize they wasted their lifes work on a hoax and then move on to something more fruitfull.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion

Prove the LA times wrong who called her a gifted Investigative journalist and did a story about how she is investigating Area 51, your political motives against her makes no sense. Nor is it part of the story sorry you are arguing against something that isn't even present, you haven't read the book either. Or how about the New York Times, and The Daily telegraph? Are you going to argue against what she has presented or just spew political ideology?

The New York Times has is a tabloid rag. The Daily telegraph is conservative. HONEST JOURNALISM!

can you prove she is right? im not saying she is wrong.. im being speculative. is that a problem? original poster is so sure that what faux news is reporting is TRUE. is that a problem?
edit on 17-5-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The New York Times has is a tabloid rag. The Daily telegraph is conservative. HONEST JOURNALISM!

If you want to destroy the story, you will have to track down each of those 70+ former employees who worked at area 51 and discredit them. That is too much work for an armchair hack so yes there is nothing to see here from you so far.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

And the LA Time who employed her in 2007? Try reading this review of her book which details how she came about writing it. www.nytimes.com... The only political motives set in the book is on how Area 51 is a strategic location and the difference in air power between the USSR and the United States. Read the book first is all I am saying, but I agree with you there should be honest journalism but I do not see anything from now four sources, not including other sites that this is a conservative hit piece in the slightest. If all it emphasis the need for disclosure and oversight of black projects even more.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If you want to destroy the story, you will have to track down each of those 70+ former employees who worked at area 51 and discredit them. That is too much work for an armchair hack so yes there is nothing to see here from you so far.
i dont need to destroy anything. your assumptions about me are wrong. i am speculating. i dont need to track down anyone. i wont believe them just cause they say it? what you think i am a sheep? just because some employee from the govt. who is so honest about everything says something i should believe it? people care about their lives and want to live man.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

And the LA Time who employed her in 2007? Try reading this review of her book which details how she came about writing it. www.nytimes.com... The only political motives set in the book is on how Area 51 is a strategic location and the difference in air power between the USSR and the United States. Read the book first is all I am saying, but I agree with you there should be honest journalism but I do not see anything from now four sources, not including other sites that this is a conservative hit piece in the slightest. If all it emphasis the need for disclosure and oversight of black projects even more.

agreed. speculation. keep questioning.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I am in complete agreement.

Unfortunately, whenever the evidence points towards a terrestrial explanation the case is conveniently forgotten then reborn again complete with enough factual misrepresentations to perpetuate what has become a belief system for some.

Regardless, nice heads up on the book release. I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I keep thinking of the thread with the thousands of UFO sightings the couple days before Roswell, in the newspaper. They were all reporting saucers, and there were too many of them spread out over the country for it to be a single Russian spy plane (it would've had to have been a freaking invasion)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I stand corrected.

After reading a bit more regarding the book and author, Annie Jacobsen is making a connection every bit as bizarre as the ETH...

Area 51, the new book by Annie Jacobsen, is based on interviews with scientists and engineers who worked in Area 51, the top secret test base in the Nevada desert.

It dismisses the alien story and puts forward the theory that Stalin was inspired by Orson Wells’s famous radio adaptation of the HG Wells novel War of the Worlds, which provoked hysteria across America when broadcast in 1938. According to the book, the plot started after the Soviet Union seized from Germany at the end of the war the jet-propelled, single wing Horton Ho 229 – a fighter said to be the forerunner of the modern B2 stealth bomber.

This is where Mengele enters the story. The Nazi doctor, who experimented on prisoners in Auschwitz and fled to South America after the war, was supposedly enlisted to create a crew of “grotesque, child-size aviators” in return for a eugenics laboratory.

The book says that the plane was filled with “alien-like” children, aged 12 or 13, who Stalin wanted to land in America and cause hysteria similar to the 1938 broadcast. But, the plane, remotely piloted by another aircraft, crashed and the Americans hushed up the incident.

Roswell 'was Soviet plot to create US panic'

Wow

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
knew it didnt smell right from the get go...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
BAAAAAMM....

UFO story ‘Area 51’ crashes and burns
edit on 12-6-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

BAAAAAMM....

So you'd rather believe in little aliens of which there is zero evidence of their existance and never witl be to the existance of Russian's who wanted to spy on our nuclear test sites? There was a real Russian interest to spy on the US there are no aliens, get over it hahaha.

That was just a cheap journalist hit piece, good for a laugh though.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

BAAAAAMM....

So you'd rather believe in little aliens of which there is zero evidence of their existance and never witl be to the existance of Russian's who wanted to spy on our nuclear test sites? There was a real Russian interest to spy on the US there are no aliens, get over it hahaha.

no id rather believe in something not fishy. im a questioner and i question the government. nothing new. its pretty patriotic. yeh annie jacobsen piece seems like a cheap journalist piece i agree.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Here's an extract from her book, sounds as wako as an alien theory.

They would launch unusually-designed craft from a “mothership” (located near Alaska.) These were single-wing, remote-controlled “UFOs” with “alien-like” children on board. The craft were of Nazi German design (captured by the Soviets at the close of the War) and the “aliens” were actually 13 year olds. The grotesque child aviators were biologically engineered by Mengele with strange large heads and oddly spaced eyes.

Linkie

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

BAAAAAMM....

no id rather believe in something not fishy. im a questioner and i question the government. nothing new. its pretty patriotic. yeh annie jacobsen piece seems like a cheap journalist piece i agree.

I was refering to the hit piece posted against her, and I think it was obvious by my quote but you chose to be dishonest in your response.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join