It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arab Spring Comes to Israel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

In what way do you think the Arab Spring will lead to a Palestinian Fall?

Is it because of the September vote on admitting Palestine to the UN or something else?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Which ones are attacking your country? The ones at the checkpoints who can't get to their places of work or homes without being humilated?

The ones stuck at the checkpoints are stuck because of the ones that are shooting the rockets. Amusingly, the ones who are stuck are the ones that elect the ones that shoot the rockets. Blame who? I don't care.

The ones hit by stray & purposeful Israeli missiles in Gaza? Your country is attacked with unguided missiles becasue of the 63 years of occupation & brutality.

We are attacked by unguided missiles only due to the blockade on Gaza. In case the blockade was gone, Hamas would get hold of much better missiles and use them aswell. It's not like they don't want to go all out at Israel, it's just that this is the only thing they can get a hold of. Unguided missiles or not, any country in the world would crush a neighboring country that attacks it's territory. Russia?

I am sorry for the grief the loss of your friends must have casued you but did the entire Palestinian population play a part in the operation that killed your two friends?

No, this is why I only hate Hamas and only don't like the majority of the population. I don't hate innocent people.

Where as the majority of the Israeli population has played a part in the occupation through military service, such as in Gaza like yourself.

Really? The majority? You need a reality check. Most soldiers in the IDF aren't even combatants, just so you know.
Also, there wasn't any occupation for you to complain about if the Arabs didn't wage war on us a day after our independence declaration. So why whine now after they got their asses whooped? Obviously they'd ignore our whining if they would've win and conquer the territory themselves.

Israeli Arabs are second class citizens in your country and youmust be aware of this. They may make a good living, but they do not have the full protection of Israeli law and are basically not allowed to crictise the Israeli state without a visit from Shin Bet, that goes for a lot of Israeli Jews critical of Israel as well.

Wrong. I can tell you stories of hundreds of cases where Arab citizens get treated better than Israeli citizens but that wouldn't account for proof or reliable evidence so it's pointless.

1. Anyone denying the existence of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state faces imprisonment.

The punishment is imprisonment only if they do it publicly while swaying other followers aswell. Freedom of speech exists..

2. Government support for student tuition fees is available only for those who serve in the Israel Defence Forces.

Government support for soldiers that served full three years is something around 20k NIS at best, and that depends on the role they had in the army. 20k NIS is not enough for a single year of tuition so I don't really see how that prevents anything from someone who did not serve.
Also, it's the government's choice to help whomever they choose to. Many Israelis that don't serve the army are being excluded off that list aswell.

Now check how many Arab communities don't pay taxes in relation to the Jewish population.

5. The Nakba Law, which makes it illegal for citizens inside Israel to organize demonstrations on the anniversary of the creation of the Palestinian refugee catastrophe.

Nakba demonstrations often turn violent and are aimed to reach that point.

4. An amendment to the nationality law so that the Interior Minister has the right to revoke the citizenship of people who violate allegiance to the state of Israel.

Violation of allegiance is not considered sanding in the street and saying "I hate Israel" or write about it in a blog. It's aimed at much bigger actions than these. Selling information, leaking information, aiding hostile organizations etc.

Who do you think these laws are aimed at?

Anyone who tries to deny the legitimacy of Israel, be it Arabs or Jews. IMO there are more leftist Jewish organizations that these laws apply to than Arabs.

I don't understand what kind of living they could acheive in neighbouring states has got to do with? They aren't citizens of these nations. They live in Israel, they are Israeli citizens living in a prosperous, fair, shining beacon of the region aren't they?

It has to do with the fact that people like yourself are complaining at the false fact that Arabs are second class citizens because of some patriotic laws that don't apply solely to them. Why isn't anyone complaining about the rape of human rights that is happening every day in Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran, and other sovereign Muslim Arab nations around us?
Because whining at Israel is the hip thing to do.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Seeing as how the only that the Palestinians would sign an agreement is if the settlements are evacuated I don't see how that's going to be the problem.

Can't say I'm a fan of those Jewish only roads, but it's not like they were put up for separation purposes, they were put up for security reasons.

What do you mean you're talking about now and not the past?

See, that's the problem with this discussion, people employ a very selective historic memory.

So if we're not talking about the past then the Zionist organization *didn't* drive out the Palestinians from their homes, and the Palestinians just *magically* appeared in the West Bank, right?

I'm starting to like your view of history.

With respect,
Eliad.

<< 1   >>

join