It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU) Ends Public Radiation Forecasts Just As Map Shows Large

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Urgent: Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU) Ends Public Radiation Forecasts Just As Map Shows Large Radiation Clouds (Videos) Over The US And Canada

www.infiniteunknown.net... iation-clouds-over-the-us-and-canada/

Is this the ATS of danish country? :O
I found a link to this and thought it'd post it. It doesn't have much information, but it has this video for whoever can put their own analysis on it. It seems to be in my uneducated opinion, that it's a big chunk of radiation over USA/Canada.
edit on 17-5-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

HA!!!!

At the risk of sounding glib "Yall are screwed!!!!!"

So if its true even if the Goverment did tell us all what could we do?
Does anyone know if its possible to combat radiation?

Scary sh!t

S&F

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There is a video here which explores this.

It is certainly worth a look.

Also check out this website here

It seems that missing information is still being stored on the servers...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

It seems to be in my uneducated opinion, that it's a big chunk of radiation over USA/Canada.

Something to consider when watching these forecasts is these are simulations. there are endless variables at play so a simulation isn't 100%. As well, you've got to keep in mind that this simulation showing a massive cloud over the US doesn't mean a massive radiation cloud, there are varying levels of radiation indicated by the color on the simulation.

not trying to dismiss this at all, I am quite concerned as all media is ignoring this with the exception of RT, most forecasting sites have stopped forecasting, they aren't testing water, milk, or fish, etc etc etc...

and the most alarming for me personally, I've still received no follow up from the nuclear plant near me, which I emailed immediately after this crisis as they detected iondine-131 from Fukashima here. i emailed asking for more detailed information about their sensors and what they are capable of detecting.

I got a quick response stating that it was forwarded to the appropriate center and i should hear back within the week. That was a month ago or more.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This is bad. I stay in washington and wanted to know what i could do anyway if the rad clouds i hit?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The reason for halting the simulation is the availability of radiation data from Japan!
See the NILU-page for details...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Pics anybody?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiel
The reason for halting the simulation is the availability of radiation data from Japan!

Thank you for your interest in the FLEXPART products for Fukushima. The Forecast system is no longer running. We have discontinued our Flexpart forecast of the atmospheric dispersal of radionucleides from Fukushima. This due to the fact that we do not have access to reliable release rates reflecting the current situation at the plant to be used as input to our simulations. It is likely that the release of radioactive material is significantly reduced compared to the initial period, and that levels no longer pose a health risk at distance from the plant. We thank you for your interest in our FLEXPART products.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Originally posted by nakiel

Thank you for your interest in the FLEXPART products for Fukushima. The Forecast system is no longer running. We have discontinued our Flexpart forecast of the atmospheric dispersal of radionucleides from Fukushima. This due to the fact that we do not have access to reliable release rates reflecting the current situation at the plant to be used as input to our simulations. It is likely that the release of radioactive material is significantly reduced compared to the initial period, and that levels no longer pose a health risk at distance from the plant. We thank you for your interest in our FLEXPART products.

Translation of the above:

Thank you for your interest in the FLEXPART products for Fukushima. The Forecast system is no longer running. We have discontinued our Flexpart forecast of the atmospheric dispersal of radionucleides from Fukushima. This is due to the fact that the Nuclear Industry caught wind that our services had actually been discovered by intelligent members of the worldwide internet community and threatened us, our wives, husbands and children if we did not remove- post haste- the dispersal charts.

It is likely that the massive release of radioactive material will kill most of you in 10 years anyway, no matter what distance you are from the plant, so we saw no reason not to comply. Especially when the threats involved the use of dull knives and garden shears. We thank you for your interest in our FLEXPART products and we hope you can read between the lines. We have left a backdoor open to the more intelligent of you to find the ongoing dispersal charts that we are warned not to post openly. Good luck.

We are heading for our bunkers now. Have a nice life.
edit on 17-5-2011 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

So they say that they discontinue their simulations due to alleged inflated rates of release and the accuracy of the info coming out of a plant that is saying there is nothing to worry about. hump... that is kinda odd to me. That and it only seems to be terminated after the simulation shows a really large-scale disaster event. In any event, thanks op.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

In short:

Good luck seeking shelter in Tom Cruise's 10 million dollar bunker!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by Stratus9

In short:

Good luck seeking shelter in Tom Cruise's 10 million dollar bunker!

Aka the only place that's non government and works.
LOL

On topic, i don't want to cause fear. Just. Show what i found. Someone up top mentioned these are simple simulations. Well yes but the story behind it is that the forcasters stop showing what's happening. So meh.
Conspiracy as you will

new topics

top topics

join